• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SX:3 From the Bowels of Philadelphia (Hero For Hire Judging)

JRYoung

First Post
Aquaphibian gawks in amazement, "Wow, very impressive!"

Addressing the whole team: "Alrighty then, how about we hustle into that crevice?"

OOC: We could encounter resistance on the way in (assuming there is something down there), so we probably need a "marching order" or something like it. I wonder if we can expect to surprise anyone at this point, with all it has taken to get ready I suspect not. Either way, few of us can expect to be effective under water, so we probably want to enter as quickly as possible.

Malthusian

First Post
Intrepid watches, his eyes wide, as Twilight's wings and tail seem to melt away. Suddenly, Million Mask slumps, the effects of the exertion etched on his face. Intrepid moves quickly and catches Million Mask under the arm. "Easy, fella, I've got you. You just rest for a minute," Intrepid says as he takes Million Mask's weight. "You did a great job."

"Alrighty then, how about we hustle into that crevice?" says Aquaphibian from nearby.

Intrepid looks over at the divers and asks, "Are we done here? Anymore last minute instructions we should know?" He then moves his gaze to take in the other Resolutes. "If not, then I agree with Phib: we should be hitting the water."

With a quick glance at Million Mask, Intrepid asks, "You going to okay?"

[sblock=OOC]For a marching order, maybe Aquaphibian leading, three in the middle, and Ghost (who I hope hasn't vanished for good) bringing up the rear?[/sblock]

Master Pelle

First Post
"Man... tried to change shape on others real took out my energy... I think that I need a rest before I diving into the water..." Million Mask responded to Intrepid while he tried to sit down on the ground.

JRYoung

First Post
Aquaphibian nods in agreement. "Yes, absolutely, catch your breath Million Mask. I can help you in the water if you need it."

OOC: Intrepid's marching order sounds perfect. Million Mask can go second so AquaPhib can help him swim if needed.

Raylis

First Post
Twilight Gryphon puts a hand on Million Mask's arm, "Thank you, my friend. That is quite an ability."

She pulls on the wetsuit along with the rest of the scuba gear and gives a nod to Aquaphibian. "Ready here."

Last edited:

Master Pelle

First Post
"Hehe... No problem! It is always my pleasure to help with the ladies." Million Mask said while he gave her a wink.
"I think that I need to be fulled recovered first before I dive into the water. Being tired while swimming is not good combination. You guys could dive in first, I will come after you when I got enough energy to dive in."

JRYoung

First Post
"Yeah, let's give it a few minutes, that should be enough time to recover (I hope). I'd like for us all to stay together. Let's double check all of the gear and get ready to dive."

Aquaphibian starts helping everyone do another check of thier diving gear.

Malthusian

First Post
Intrepid stands beside the resting Million Mask. He double-checks his gear, and when Aquaphibian moves over toward him, he says, "I'm good to go, as well. As soon as Million Mask gets the wind back in his sails, we're in the water."

I hope this goes smoothly, he thinks. Looking down at Million Mask, his brow furrows and he frowns briefly. Well, one downside of working as part of a team - more people to worry about. I hope I didn't do more harm than good asking him to push himself like that. Intrepid looks up and gazes out over the river.

"What could be down there?" Intrepid mumbles to himself.

Salix

First Post
The heroes jump in the water and slowly make their way towards the crevice. Aquaphibian aids Million Mask who seems to have perked up after a bit. They reach the crevice and Ghost points out the lever.

OOC: Million Mask will be fine as long as he doesn't do any activities that will bring on the exhausted condition (moving all out, etc). However, read over the rules for extra effort. If he uses morph again, Twilight Gryphon will revert back to form.

OOC2: I'm always open to comments about rule interpretation. If it doesn't seem right, bring it up. Of course, some things are open to style and interpretation. One thing is if the hero wants to use a hero point to re-roll a critical action let me know beforehand to make the write-ups easier. Of course if you don't i can always ret-con the new roll.

JRYoung

First Post
OOC1: I'm not sure if we can communicate underwater, if so I'll put it in this SBLOCK:

[sblock=under water comments]
"Alright heroes, take defensive positions around this thing, I'll pull the lever."
[/sblock]

OOC2: If there is no verbal communication Aquaphib motions for the rest of the team to spread out on either side of the opening.

After his teammates are ready Aquaphibian swims up to the lever and pulls...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads