• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SX:3 From the Bowels of Philadelphia (Hero For Hire Judging)

Malthusian

First Post
Intrepid glances around at the debris on the river's shore and frowns. Bits and pieces of - what Intrepid assumes to be - all that remains of Dr. Null's robots littered the bank. He looks over at Million Mask, who's busy scrounging through the debris.

"Looks like we get trash duty," Intrepid says with a grin, then squats down and begins digging through the scraps as well. Looks like a bunch of junk to me, he thinks as he lifts a irregularly shaped piece of metal, inspects it, then tosses it to one side. I'm not even sure what to look for. Hopefully I'll notice it when I see it.

[sblock=Notice]Notice Check (1d20+8=10)[/sblock]

Master Pelle

First Post
Million Mask suddently turned into a dirty mechanic with beer belly. "My my! Look'at tho'se junks! We could recycling all those junks into new stuff like the good'old Ford!" He said as he continue searching through it.

Malthusian

First Post
Intrepid glances over at Million Mask and catches sight of his grease monkey impression. He chuckles at the comment, than goes back to the rubbish.

"A good ol' Ford, huh? Anything built from this scrap would still be an improvement on my car back home," he says with a smile. "A teacher's salary just doesn't afford much luxury."

Last edited:

Salix

First Post
[sblock=Million Mask]You see nothing out of the ordinary. There seems to be a lot of scrap parts left over from the battle on the bridge.[/sblock]

[sblock=Twilight Gryphon]Everything seems alright below.[/sblock]

[sblock=Intrepid]Intrepid doesn't see anything more exciting than before.[/sblock]

The group performs their searches and gather back up, noticing the divers talking to Aquaphibian.

OOC: Next move? BTW the Walt Whitman Bridge crosses the Delaware River. The robots seemed to come crawling right out of the water according to eyewitness accounts.

Malthusian

First Post
"I'm not finding a thing over here," says Intrepid, standing and stretching the knots from his back. "And, while not finding anything, I've managed to get mud all over my favorite jacket." Intrepid swipes at the mud on his jacket a few times, sighs heavily, and gives up. "This'll never come clean."

Looking around for the others, Intrepid notices Aquaphibian still talking with the divers. Carefully stepping over the trash and debris, Intrepid makes his way toward where they stand.

"Hate to say it, Phib," he says as he comes up beside Aquaphibian, "but there's nothing except junk down by the river. So, what's our next move?"

Master Pelle

First Post
Million Mask stopped searching through the debris and walking back to them while he turn back to his normal form. "Yep. We don't find any clues around here..." He said and then he turn to the diver.
"So you are here to give us some diving lesson? Hmm... I always want to try out swimming in the water."

Salix

First Post
Master Pelle said:
Million Mask stopped searching through the debris and walking back to them while he turn back to his normal form. "Yep. We don't find any clues around here..." He said and then he turn to the diver.
"So you are here to give us some diving lesson? Hmm... I always want to try out swimming in the water."
The lead diver looks up at Million Mask,"Yes sir that is exactly what we're here to do. You must be.." Consults notebook "Million Mask. Do you want to get suited up in the wet suit? The water is too cold to go without one. "

OOC: We're waiting a little for Aquaphibian and Ghost to chime in.

JRYoung

First Post
"Alright gang, it looks like there's nothing else to do but go into the lake. Suit up and pay close attention to the scuba instructions these men will give you. In the mean time Ghost and I will do some reconnaissance underwater."

"I'm pretty fast underwater Ghost, so staying together might not work out well. Let's split up, we need to sweep this lake very quickly for anything unordinary. You go right, I'll go left. Sweep in a circular pattern. If you can't see anything in this murky water just come back. If anything goes wrong please come back right away, don't get caught in a fight by yourself."

"I have a kind of sonar sense, so no matter how murky I will be able to find anything unusual. Good luck."

Aquaphibian nods to the police: "I'll be right back, teach these three well, and know that you have my thanks".

Given that no one has questions Aquaphibian stomps off into the water. His teammate are amazed at how graceful his burly form becomes once he hits the water...

JRYoung

First Post
OOC:
Aquaphibian has low light vision and Extended Tremorsense (x10,000 normal range). I can't really tell what should be considered "normal" range, should be assume something like 30ft? Anyways, anything moving would be easily spotted, and x10,000 of whatever should be pretty darn far...

NOTICE check: 1d20+1-> [15,1] = (16) http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=723883

Salix

First Post
Aquaphibian and Ghost dive into the icy waters. They search fruitlessly for several hours along both sides of the River. [sblock=Ghost]Finally, Ghost finds an area of the bedrock that looks somewhat unnatural. He notices a crevice.[/sblock]

The others are starting to get the hang of the scuba gear. They begin to notice an issue though. There isn’t a wetsuit that can fit over Gryphon’s wings.

Remove ads