SX:3 From the Bowels of Philadelphia (Hero For Hire Judging)

Salix

First Post
JRYoung said:
"Alright then, there is only one thing left to settle: who will lead this impromptu team?" Aquaphibian asks.

"I don't mind throwing my hat into the ring, if none of you mind my mutated appearance that is. This isn't exactly like leading a team of scientists on an expedition to the Galopagos, but someone has to do it".

Aquaphibian isn't quite sure what he's getting in to here, but he is excited to get into action and willing to act as team leader if need be.

After waiting to see the reaction of the group, Wheeler says,"Sounds like you're the man, Aquaphibian. Everyone be ready to leave in a half hour." He gives Ghost the stinkeye for a brief moment.

A half hour passes. The heroes have time to organized in whatever way they wish. After reporting back to the room, they take the elevator to the hangar below. A large black man in coveralls walks around the vigilant, ticking items off a checklist. As they board, Wheeler says,"If you want to get in touch with me your pilot, Dick, can contact me."

The jet takes off and within fifteen minutes arrives on the shore near the Walt Whitman Bridge. Upon landing, Dick turns towards the heroes,"This is your stop. I'll be waiting here"

OOC: If you had anything to do before leaving, just state it. Iwas hoping to move forward. Next move?

Malthusian

First Post
Intrepid steps out of the Vigilant. For a moment, he leans against the side of the craft, taking the time to just look around. Well, now what? he wonders, as he pulls his cigarettes and a lighter from his jacket pocket. He shakes one to his lips, lights it, and inhales deeply, all the while studying the others as they mill about.

"Well, Phib, you’re the man. How this plays out is up to you," says Intrepid. He takes another deep drag from his cigarette, tosses it away, and steps over to Aquaphibian’s side to await some kind of instructions.

Master Pelle

First Post
Mask slowly walking out the jet and started to looking around until he saw the bridge. "Hmm... Quit a mess I say..." He said while he crossed his arms. It look pretty calm but he have a feeling something real bad will happening.

Raylis

First Post
Twilight Gryphon flies off the plane, setting down next to her teammates. "If you would like I can keep an eye on things from above. It would lessen the chances of anyone or anything sneaking up on us.

Malthusian

First Post
"I think I’ll have a look around," Intrepid mutters, making his way to the water’s edge. He sniffs disapprovingly at the accumulated jetsam that has dirtied up the bank of the river. Sure, he thinks, stepping careful over the debris, muck it up for the rest of us.

Glancing up toward the others, Intrepid shouts, "What’s the chance that something washed ashore?" Then continues moving along the shore looking for anything unusual.

[sblock=OOC]Search (1d20+7=25)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Salix

First Post
Malthusian said:
"I think I’ll have a look around," Intrepid mutters, making his way to the water’s edge. He sniffs disapprovingly at the accumulated jetsam that has dirtied up the bank of the river. Sure, he thinks, stepping careful over the debris, muck it up for the rest of us.

Glancing up toward the others, Intrepid shouts, "What’s the chance that something washed ashore?" Then continues moving along the shore looking for anything unusual.

[sblock=OOC]Search (1d20+7=25)[/sblock]
[sblock=What Intrepid sees]
Intrepid finds a remarkable amount of debris, even though one would have thought this area would be cleaned up a little better after the President declared it a disaster area. It all appears to be from the fight.[/sblock]

Salix

First Post
As the heroes poke around the shore, waiting for Aquaphibian and Ghost to hit the water a Philadelphia police van rolls up. Three police divers emerge from the van. "We heard someone needs a quick dive lesson. Someone from the UN called Police Chief Rivera,and here we are. Whoever it was they must of had a lot of juice, cause we dropped everything to come here. I'm supposed to report to a ...Aquaphibian. If he's in the drink, it says to report to...Twilight Gryphon. Any of you those guys?" The diver looks around at each one of them, a little flustered to be dealing with Living breathing Superheroes.

JRYoung

First Post
"Very good, now let's get started". Aquaphibian watches the police van approach.

"Go ahead Twilight Gryphon, do some quick aerial scouting. Intrepid and Million Mask, take a good look at the debris on the beach, it seems quite unusual. Ghost and I will talk to the Police, assuming they don't arrest us on sight... Report back here in 5 minutes please."

Aquaphibian Approaches the Police van with a waive. After hearing their greeting he responds:

"I am Aquaphibian, thank you very much for such a quick response. We plan to inspect this lake, a few of my team could use a quick dive lesson and some gear to use for a few hours. Three of us will need some help, Ghost and I are good to go."

Aquaphibian is quite surprised to get such tactical support, but he never looks a gift horse in the mouth...

Master Pelle

First Post
"Yes boss!" Million Mask did what Aquahibian told and started to heading to the debris. When he arrived to the debris, he carefully try to searching through the debris and hope that robot don't suddently burst out from the debris.

[sblock=OOC]Search, 1d20+10=14[/sblock]

Remove ads