• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SX:3 From the Bowels of Philadelphia (Hero For Hire Judging)

Fenris2

First Post
"Gotcha A-man"

Ghost x-rays looking for the robots brains, or whatever looks delecate and controlly, and goes to work with a tk sledge hammer...

Raylis

First Post
Gasping for air Twilight Gryphon stops struggling and falls limp in it's iron hand...gambling on the notion that it *might* drop her if it thinks she's disabled.

Salix

First Post
Ghost slips easily through the innards of the robot. Evidently, the force stopping his insubstantial body was some sort of field on the outside of the robot. Aquaphibian finds the going much tighter and somewhat claustrophobic. Along the way both pick what look to be sensitive workings and smash them. The giant squeezes Twilight Gryphon again, causing her to become lightheaded.

OOC Another bruise for TG

Raylis

First Post
"Nrrg, Not to rush you two...but if you have found the off switch would you make haste with pushing the damned thing!"

Grapple 22 ...now that I remembered I get an additional +3 for the super strength...

JRYoung

First Post
Aphib continues smashing the robot's innards, hopefully carving out more room in the process ;)

"There must be some hydrolic controls in here somewhere..."

Salix

First Post
Twilight Gryphon struggles mightily,but is beginning to weaken in the grip of the Iron Juggernaut. She expels the last of her air, and wonders how long before her ribs begin to break when:
Lights all around the dam flicker and then burn brightly. A deep hum fills the air as underground floodgates open and all the generators spin up to full capacity.
As Twilight Gryphon wonders what is happening Dr Null’s voice booms out of the mechanical goliath:“Oh, don’t let that distract you from your futile heroics. It’s not that I don’t enjoy watching my little toy grind you into the dust, but I have more important matters to attend to. Did you really think I would just twiddle my thumbs until you came and butted your noses into my work?”

Inside the Iron Juggernaut, Ghost and Aquaphibian find a plethora of potential dangers:grinding gears, pistons and exposed energy sources pose a constant threat to would-be robot spelunkers. Seemingly safe spaces suddenly close-in as the robot bends or turns. Pressure valves open and close inexplicably. Electrical arcs flare between terminals. They look for the hydraulic system in order to disable it and save their comrade in arms.

OOC: Need a couple of rolls from the heroes in the Iron Juggernaut; Knowledge–Technology, Disable Device, and Reflex save for A-phib.

OOC2: Twilight Gryphon is stunned and Bruised.

Salix

First Post
Ghost and Aquaphibian move through the robots at different rates, looking for a weakness in the hydraulic system to bring the automaton to a standstill. They pound away and do obvious damage, but are unable to render it non-functional. Aquaphibian is hit from behind by a moving part, but is able to shrug it off.

OOC: Another set of rolls from everyone. I'll be gone until Wed night.

Remove ads