• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

T20: High Law and Low Justice, Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

thotd
Trelelawiero, Aslan Male Mercenary

Trel smiles at Vyrkris as she pulls out the silicon. It was good thinking. Then trel remembers that his visor is mirrored and that she can't see his face.

"Good thinking. Right, let us see if we can get it set up."

Trel hoists the hose onto his shoulder and grabbing the silicon, moves over to the autogallery. Trel listens to the chatter in the background with one ear. Vyrkris comments make him wonder what it was her family did for a living. Does, I suppose. Ruzz'koff's comments make him snort with laughter. He sounds just like a marine. Although he is, as always, slightly offended by the Vargr's attitude towards their females. But he has been living amoung others long enough to not to judge, and to hold his tongue.

As soon as he is done he informs the others. Asking someone to watch the autogallery end and to keep it secure, he begins hauling the other end towards the pool.

Maerdwyn

First Post
It feels odd to Tomas to hold a baby so close, but not be able to feel any of its warmth or softness through his suit. Unfortunately, her terror is quite apparent, and her shrieking isn't exactly helping his thought process. But he keeps hold of her, and manages to get over to the door and switch on the room's lights, which helps rid the room of it's tomb-like aspects.

Looking up, he sees Trel tapping on the chamber's door's small window. Around the rest of the chamber, besides the luriani and the micrbial colonies, Tomas can see bathing fixtures, the water level and temperature controls, a very large pile of prepackaged food stacked in one corner, a dozen or so bottles of milk or formula, strewn about the room, two of which are empty.

G

Guest 11456

Trelene Scrautigue : Luriani Navy 2/Prof 7/Trav 1: Retired Makhidkarum Vice President

Maerdwyn said:
A couple minutes later, she walks over to where Trelene stands, in the passenger lounge, near the autogalley. She shakes her head a little, saying bitterly, directly to Trelene, instead of over the comm, though other hear it faintly over Saanath's suit's microphone. "I left Daramm to get away from that garage, you know. Fire hoses and broken down engines, and all. And to get away from a bunch of luriani who didn't think we were worth the air we breathed. Well this feels just like home. Except I don't get my brothers. We don't even get the air."

The wise Luriani shrugs off the comment and moves to help secure the hose to the unit. Then she begins to formulate her what she should work on next in order to get the ship back to a working state.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Tomas considers the contents of the room, especially the milk bottles and wonders if it is the child or some other that disturbed the empty containers.

But the first action is of course to get the child out and safe then to deal with any other requirements. SIgnalling to those on the outside, he indicates that he's coming up with the baby

Then moving back to the opening begins the climb out, keeping the child near as he goes...

doghead

thotd
Trelelawiero, Aslan male mercenary.

Trel returns to the cabin with the hose in tow. He turns to Vyrkris.

"Vyrkris. Can you handle the autodoc end?"

When he looks back, Tomas is approaching the door with the child. Noticing Trelene nearby, and the collection of gear Ruff'koff has gathered, he adds, "Trelene. Ruzz'koff. Can you take the child from Tomas?"

DrZombie

First Post
"Yeah sure, just give it to me. I'm uncle to more whelps then I care to remember, with my four sisters and two brothers breeding away like there's no tomorrow. Can't be too different from human babies, now can they?" Ruzz'koff say, tail wagging as he happily recalls the fond memories of familie life.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Tomas gets himself halfway through the ceiling of the bathing chaber, and brings the bay up out of the water. He scrapes away as much of slime from her face as he can, as she emits an awful gasping-chocking sound, and he sees little groups of remaining cells "popping" as they die off from lack of oxygen, leaving a fine crust of white dust on her skin. When the process stops a fe seconds later, and after just about the limit of what he thinks the little girl can bear, he straps the mask on her and lets oxygen flow. The gasping stops, replaced by healthy crying, and she seems to settle down enough for him to begin the crawl back out.

A couple minutes later, Tomas delivers her into the waiting arms of Ruzz'koff.

Meanwhile, on the Passenger Deck, Trel can see the hose filling up with the alcoholic drink from the autogalley. He waits a few more seconds, and he's pretty sure he'll get a steady flow if he opens the nozzel. The water level is still over the door's window, however, so getting the nozzel in there may still be a little tricky without someone on the other side.

On the bridge.

Zaedhrarrg breaks a long silence that has endured as the Dvonn sped towards Gelugon, the system's gas giant. "Power spike in the ship that's trying to hide from us. They're still trying to be sneaky about it, but they're getting ready to move....Ah! Yup - the fighters on our tails are changing formation, too - looks like their vector will take them to the other side of the planet than we're heading to. Don't know why at this point...But them moving off a bit might give us a chance to break their comm jam. Trelene - You down there? Want to give it a try?"

DrZombie

First Post
Ruzz'koff takes the howling, wrigling bundle and vigorously rubs the baby clean with the alcohol-towel, then wraps her in the clean warm towel.
"Hush, hush, litlle one, be still. Uncle Ruzz'koff is here now. Shush, we'll get you a nice warm bottle of milk in a second." And he takes her to sick-bay, wich hopefully is oxygenated by now.

"Say, lads, why don't we take some footage of this little mite and the luriani almost suffocating in the pool over there, and broadcast it to anyone in the area. It might convince some of the crews that this is not what they want. I mean, firing at a ship of supposedly pirates and mutineers is one thing, but killing this little one in cold blood, especially if they think someone else has seen the images, is something else altogether. It might make them a little more hesitant to come at us guns blazing. Well, it might not, but at least we could try."

G

Guest 11456

Trelene Scrautigue : Luriani Navy 2/Prof 7/Trav 1: Retired Makhidkarum Vice President

Maerdwyn said:
On the bridge.

Zaedhrarrg breaks a long silence that has endured as the Dvonn sped towards Gelugon, the system's gas giant. "Power spike in the ship that's trying to hide from us. They're still trying to be sneaky about it, but they're getting ready to move....Ah! Yup - the fighters on our tails are changing formation, too - looks like their vector will take them to the other side of the planet than we're heading to. Don't know why at this point...But them moving off a bit might give us a chance to break their comm jam. Trelene - You down there? Want to give it a try?"

Hearing Zaedhrarrg's suggestion about breaking the jamming, the Luriani woman responds.

"I'll be there in a bit. Once I figure out where there is."

She turns to the others.

"Which way to the bridge?"

doghead

thotd
Trelelawiero, Aslan Male Mercenary

ooc: If it not known, Trel will calculate the flow rate of the grog before they start pouring it into the room. If the volume of water in the room hasn't been calculated, he'll ask someone to get onto that, as well as working out how long they need to run the hose to reach the desired concentration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads