T20: High Law and Low Justice, Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

thotd
Saanath, Human Male Merchant and all round nice guy.

Saanath, assuming that he hears Ruzz'koff's suggestion, agrees.

"If not footage, then an updated SitRep. Anything that makes it harder for the Nells C crowd to pull whatever it is they are trying to pull works for me. Anything that makes it harder for anyone wanting to eliminate us from the picture is good, actually."

Upon hearing what Zead has to say, Saanath returns his attention to the displays in front of him, double checking everything for the nth time.

Maerdwyn

First Post
ooc: The size of the chamber is roughly 2m*3m*2.8m high, with little over half meter of unfilled space in the chamber right now. Given the number of people in the room (5, of various heights and weights, totalling about 1.5 cubic meters, or the equivalent of 1500 liters of water), Trel estimates about 10,000 liters of water are in the room presently. He needs to get the alcohol content to at lest 8%. Grog is 15% alcohol, meaning Trel would need to put just over 5200 liters of grog into that volume of water to kill the slime. At the rate the autogalley dispenses, 1 liter/ 5 seconds, that's 7 hours if it can even come up with that much grog. And there's only space in there for 3000 liters more liquid. The water level needs to be reduced, either remotely by computer, or by someone on the inside of the room using the water level controls.

doghead

thotd
Trel, Aslan Male Mercenary.

"Bother," Trel mutters. "Looks like we are going to have to use the good stuff. Unless someone can think of a way of venting some of that water into space without contaminating the rest of the ship, or losing the babies with the bath water so to speak.

"Any chance of over-riding the settings on the autogalley to increase the alcohol content of the grog?"

"Come on people, lets prowl like we gotta purpose. The sooner we get this done, the sooner you can get some food in you and some sack time."

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I'm up for another dunking now the babies out" Tomas concedes "its not pretty in their - more like a bad trip - but I can try and find the plug hole so to speak...

Theres milk formula in there too doc, in case you need it""

Maerdwyn

First Post
Those with some technical know-how (T/Engineering or T/Starship Architecture DC 7) are familiar with how the power and fuel systems aboard starships work, and know the following: The main by product of a jump drive is water, while the main fuel of the fusion power plant (which powers the maneuver drives) is water. The jump drives produce much more water than the M-drives need for the fusion reaction, with the remainder being used for the ship's other needs. Water that enters the drainage system is purified (through filtration and super-heating) and used again. A portion of this water, if too much is left over after processing jump fuel, can be voided into space directly from the main tank. If one was to lower the water level in the tank, the water drained off would pass through the filtration system and into the main tank.

Ktarle runs a couple quick experiments. One on a sample of water from the tap, to determine the drainage system has been able to handle the amount of microbe that has already doubtless been sent its way over the ast couple days, and also on a sample of water containing visible colonies of the slime, subjecting to boiling hot temperatures and strong filtration. She reports that both the tap water and the filtered boild water are safe and germ free.

ooc: Everyone see me over in the OOC thread for a sec. Thanks.

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
After some discussion over the comms, Tomas makes his way back into the flooded chamber, and opens the drain until the water just covers the unconscious lurianis. Without turning the air back on, the safest place for them is under water, so long as it can be sanitized, along with the rest of the room.
As the water is draining, Quinn comes over the comm: "All right, every able bodied sentient within the sound of my voice who is not named Nells, listen up. This is our situation: We are making fuel run to the gas giant Gelugon, after which we will jump out of this system before anything else has a chance to go wrong. We are pursued by two unknown fighters, and have a JohnHenry System Defense Boat closing on an intercept course. Another unknown contact waits for us on the other side of Gelugon. By it's size, it's the fighter's mothership.

"We are zero-five-seven minutes from the fuel scoop. Two fighters have changed course slightly and we have detected activity in the hidden ship. We've started our decel towards the giant, so the SDB is starting to close. Everyone, except for the doctor, finish up what you are doing and report to the bridge. Need to find out who gives us the best chance if things get hot. If you need more than fifteen minutes, let me know."

As he is talking, Trelene emerges on to the bridge, and Zaedhrarrg waves her over to the comm station. Quinn turns to her and says, "Trelene, I need you to break through that jamming. If we can get out of here without a direct fight, we need to. If we can't I want our records broadcast as far and as wide as possible."

Trel punches the nozzle of the hose through the window into the bathing chamber, and Tomas washes the walls and surfaces of the room with the grog, sanitizing them. The brown liquid runs down the walls and begins to color the half-meter of water still remaining in the room. Eleven minutes later, it's done - by Trel and Tomas's calculations, the slime will be killed off in a couple minutes by the existing concentration of alcohol. Leaving the unconcious victims for now, they head to the bridge.

Ruzz'koff has been assisting Ktarle with the baby. She had some trouble breathing, as apparently some of the stuff was in her lungs during the transistion from water to air breathing. It wasn't completely cutting off her oxygen supply, but her breathing was ragged, and Ktarle needed to give her a large (for an infant) dose of anitbiotics to begin to clear her chest up. "Thank you, Ruzz'koff. Looks like she's going to be all right. You go on up to the bridge - I'll get Vyrkris to help me if I need her." She seems to remembersomething suddenly, and her countenance grows amazingly stern. "And you be careful - those stitches [indicating Ruzz'koff's own chest, where she operated earlier in the day] are only guaranteed to hold if you keep to bed rest. You feel more pain or you start to hemorrhage, get down here immediately." The aslan looks dreadfully tired as she turns away, back to the baby luriani.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
" No worries, Doc" smiles the Vargr with a nervous grin. "I'm as good as new. When I bleed I'll make sure I don't spill any. Gotcha." and he hurries towards the bridge.
"Allright people. I can fly this boat, I can man the guns, the comms, the sensors, plot a course to the next system, whatever it is you need. Don't panic, the Navy is here" he says with a puffed up chest. "Ouch" he winces as the movement stretches the skin under his stitches.

G

Guest 11456

Trelene Scrautigue : Luriani Navy 2/Prof 7/Trav 1: Retired Makhidkarum Vice President

Maerdwyn said:
As he is talking, Trelene emerges on to the bridge, and Zaedhrarrg waves her over to the comm station. Quinn turns to her and says, "Trelene, I need you to break through that jamming. If we can get out of here without a direct fight, we need to. If we can't I want our records broadcast as far and as wide as possible."

Trelene nods and moves to the comm station. She begins to adjust the controls, beginning to cut through the jamming.

DrZombie

First Post
Ruzz'koff

Ruzz'kof takes a seat at the navcomp, his usual cheery demeanor replaced with dead seriousness as he tries to plot the safest course out of the system. Taking in the maneuvrability of the fighters and the SDB, he tries to plot a way to the gas-giant, then a jump to the nearest Navy base, cutting it very close, trying to get all the speed he can get. Forget reducing speed before jumping. He's planning to get out as fast as possible.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Tailspinner said:
Trelene nods and moves to the comm station. She begins to adjust the controls, beginning to cut through the jamming.
A few seconds later, Trelene is able to monitor the following transmission from the system defense boat to the Dvonn. She notes that it is unsecured, a little odd for a message being beamed directly at another ship:

"...of murdering nine citizens of the Imperium including a bridge officer of HiranuCorp. You have destroyed HiranuCorp property, and have broadcast a false distress signal. Stand down. You may be granted leniency if you surrender now. Do not attempt to flee the system or you will be fired upon. Repeat. Corsair Ullemguz, do not attempt to flee Tamandere system. You stand accused of piracy. Of murdering nine citizens of the Imperium including a bridge officer of HiranuCorp... [repeats]"

ooc:Trelene is automatically able to send communications out, including broadcasts and tight two-party channels, and can receive anything sent to the Dvonn. She could attempt to monitor other ships' communications, or to jam other ships' communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads