• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[T20] High Law and low justice

Douane

First Post
Seonaid said:
"Ehhhh," Ktarlewaweikye interjects. "Humans are humans, but it's true that not all are bad. I met a good one down in Fishland." If Sanaath is around, she'll wave to him vaguely. If not, she'll look around and shrug after not finding him.

"Umm, sorry, I didn't mean that they are bad. I mean I've met many nice ones on my travels, but they are still different, some more, some less.
Though, after listening to Ruzz'Koff, perhaps that is just due to being from a backward part of known space. [Grin]

But nevertheless they are different!"

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
"I suppose dealings would be one way to put it yes. Chiefly of the sort that involve a spinal particle accelerator mount and extreme prejudice," his fur flattens back and his ears prick foward, "As for their attitudes. I find their genocidal hostility to be prejudicial enough without worrying about intellectual inconsistency."

Seonaid

Explorer
Ktarlewaweikye kind of zones out for a moment, staring off at nothing across the room. She snaps back when Zaed speaks directly to her. "Medic, yep." She nods for a moment longer than is necessary. I'm drunk, the clinical part of her mind says to her. First time since university. "Humans are backward, but like I said, some are of a decent sort. Those Luriani, though, I don't know about them. And the K'kree! Vegetarianism I can understand intellectually, but no way," she finishes, shaking her head in negation.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Douane said:
"
"And last, but not least, a whole planet with no trace of the Ancients to explore, can you even imagine how boring that would be? Even worse, no one interested in exchanging theories, no discussion, nothing. Ah, guess they are still a sorry point with too many of my species. What a pity!

And you are going back, like, forever? Just frolicking on the beach and nothing else?
"

"After worker the asteroid belts, frolicking on the beach is going to seem like rush hour. Belting a good life, and I managed to salvage some interesting stuff while I was out there, some of it weird, possibly from the ancients, I dunno - but an asteroids hasn't got the most excting geography if ya know what I mean.

Besides its not all surf and sand. There's still gravs to fix and racing across the sand dunes, ana! So I may stay there for a while, does a man good to sit back quietly and contemplate the universe sometimes - religion, the ancients and the meaning of it all.
"

Maerdwyn

First Post
Douane said:
[OoC: Seonaid, you didn't miss anything. Zaed was embarrassed for a moment when he realized that 'Old Man Jo', a scout veteran who was responsible for much of his adult education, pulled another fast one on him, when he told Zaed of the 'proper' Aslan greeting rituals. But as you see, this doesn't stop Zaed for long. :D ]

We really have an interesting mix here. Just this morning I met a nice engineer, now a doctor and what about you, Vyrkris? You said you were at a university, right? Man, they would have to tie me down there and I'd still bet it wouldn't do them any good." Zaedhrarrg's muzzle twists into a mischievous grin.
"I just finished up - Same with Felin," she says, gesturing to her Luriani friend. "I might do some engineering before I go after my next degree - I guess it depends on what the Council has to offer. Anything away from Daramm looks good right about now, actshully." Like Ktarle, she's just a bit tipsy. "So, Zaed, you sound like you've been all over - must have some great stories. Why don't you give us one? Something exciting from your IISS service?"

Felin has been looking on quietly through all this, but here breaks in, "Vyrkris, wasn't your brother Krshag a scout?"

"No, silly, he was a marine."

"I thought that was Vraesh."

"Felin, Vraesh was in the army, you know that."

"Oh, yeah. He's the youngest, right?"

"What are you talking about? Vraesh was sixth. Twgark is the youngest. Well, besides me, of course. All my brothers are older than me." Vyrkris turns back to Zaed with a brilliant smile. "Sorry Zaed, you were going to give us one of your adventures." As Vyrkris finishes speaking, Felin sits back with a very slight smile and an eyebrow raised at Zaed, as if to say, "Just so you know..."

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Saanath's breathing is settling down into the slower rhythm of sleep when suddenly he snorts and sits bolt upright.

"Bu@@er! Thats what I should have said to that slimey Luraini."

Pity its too late. About an hour too late. Don't you hate it wh ......

Maerdwyn

First Post
[OOC: As soon as Douane gets back and can post, we're goig to move forward in time a bit if that's okay with everyone - more in the OOC thread.]

Douane

First Post
Tonguez said:
"After worker the asteroid belts, frolicking on the beach is going to seem like rush hour. Belting a good life, and I managed to salvage some interesting stuff while I was out there, some of it weird, possibly from the ancients, I dunno - but an asteroids hasn't got the most excting geography if ya know what I mean.

Besides its not all surf and sand. There's still gravs to fix and racing across the sand dunes, ana! So I may stay there for a while, does a man good to sit back quietly and contemplate the universe sometimes - religion, the ancients and the meaning of it all.
"

* Ancients ... ? *

Zaedhrarrg's eyes widen while his ears "pop" up to the greatest height possible and he wags his tail with alarming speed. Tomas has now his fullest attention.

"So you came across some stuff? You really should have an expert taking a look at it, just on the off-chance that you have actual Ancients artifacts on your hands. Know anyone like that?"

[There's never been a more innocent-looking Vargr than Zaed. ;) ]

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Wilphe said:
"I suppose dealings would be one way to put it yes. Chiefly of the sort that involve a spinal particle accelerator mount and extreme prejudice," his fur flattens back and his ears prick foward, "As for their attitudes. I find their genocidal hostility to be prejudicial enough without worrying about intellectual inconsistency."

Seonaid said:
Ktarlewaweikye kind of zones out for a moment, staring off at nothing across the room. She snaps back when Zaed speaks directly to her. "Medic, yep." She nods for a moment longer than is necessary. I'm drunk, the clinical part of her mind says to her. First time since university. "Humans are backward, but like I said, some are of a decent sort. Those Luriani, though, I don't know about them. And the K'kree! Vegetarianism I can understand intellectually, but no way," she finishes, shaking her head in negation.

"Intellectual inconsistency? WHAT?

They are no vegetarians at all! They just pretend that to in order to ..., well I don't know. But they are cannibals of the worst sort and don't you dare to call me a liar! I know for sure because these ..., these ... K'Kree actually ate my assistant!

Ha, how's that for 'vegetarians' ?!"

Zaed underscores his 'point' with wild waving of his arms.

Last edited:

Remove ads