• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[T20] High Law and low justice

Maerdwyn

First Post
Seonaid said:
Ktarle, distracted by the exodus from the Captain's dining cabin, gets up in the middle of the conversation...
Felin also seems to take his cue at this, and excuses himself from the table. "Thank you for a pleasant evening, both of you, " he says to Ktarle and Vyrkris. Then, to Zaed and Ruzz'koff, "Nice to meet both of you. Vyrkris, I'll see you tomorrow at the tour, okay?" At her smile and nod, he leaves the restaurant.

[OOC: Seonaid, Saanath is in his room at this point, but you could find him there if you wanted to.]

Last edited:

Watus

First Post
Quinn appears in the door of the captain's dining room, shaking his head and muttering under his breath. He makes his way to the bar and finds a stool well away from the Ursa and his admirers.

"Whiskey. And make it a double."

Seonaid

Explorer
[D'oh! I thought Sanaath was having dinner with the captain tonight, too. In any event, here's my actions, which do partially modify my previous post:]

Ktarle, reminded of Sanaath by the human exiting the Captain's cabin, gets up in the middle of the conversation and walks off. She tosses off a brusque sort of half-wave to Felin and the others as she goes.

She wanders the corridors for a few minutes, trying to find Sanaath's cabin, but gets lost quickly. Eventually she gives up and asks a passing crewman where her own berth is, and makes her way there. She will settle in for sleep, thinking about alcohol and wondering about Treth.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Vyrkris' voice exhibits a trace of poutiness as she looks back to Zaed. "Come on, you can tell me something about what happened with the K'kree. The humans have all gone; it'll be just between us vargr...."

After another couple minutes of unsuccessful attempts at getting the story out of Zaedhrarrg, Vyrkris, "Well, suit yourself. See you later, boys." She smiles at the two vargr and head off, presumably to her cabin.

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Though disappointed how fast his audience's interest wanes once he has told them of the secret nature of the mission, Zaedhrarrg can't suppress a smile at the stroy that "dashing fellow" told Vyrkris. It is one he has heard so many times before, though scouts don't usually admit to having needed that much equipment.

Though really intent on keeping his oath, Zaed figures that a few highlights of that awful time won't do much harm, especially as Vyrkris really wants to know. Besides, there are only Vargr present and everyone knows Vargr would never gossip about this. * Err...? *

"You see, I was once at this Vargr outpost, only Vargr, mind you, and I had this human with me. Well, there were some K'Kree also, of course. Ah, ... and then they ate him. ... Umm, sounds stupid, doesn't it? It was probably because of this disagreement we had ... Sorry! I can't really tell you. I ..., I would but I'm bound by my word as a scout not to. Sorry."

With his ears drooping low, the misery he feels is plainly written onto Zaedhrarrg's face.

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Tonguez said:
Tomas shrugs and then tries to suppress a grin at the mention of the Vargr opinion of the Ancients

"yeah I guess being told that you were 'created' by a group of aliens from chasers and then abandoned is slightly worse than being told you were abducted by those aliens like humaniti was. But anyway what do the Vargr themselves say about their origin?"

With a huge grin Zaedhrarrg replies with his particular point of view on this issue, his eyes sparling with merriment:

"Well, there are basically three different stances concerning our origins:

The first group doesn't want to hear anything about our origin because they can't stand the thought of being an experiment and even worse, being artificially engineered. They take it really personally as if this didn't happen 300 millennia ago, but rather to themselves.

The second one, they will tell you that the Vargr were the last of the Ancients' creations, done because they considered the "experiment humaniti" a failure and engineered the Vargr as the crowning achievement of their work. Of, and of course the Ancients were about to hand the universe over to the Vargr, when the Final War hit them. [grin] Just ask one and he will tell you that there can't be any doubt about this.

The third group which seems to be the majority by far, well, they go like this:
'Who cares? ... 'Ancients who? ... Are they good eating, these Ancients?'
"

With this Zaed's grin grows even wider, showing every tooth he has.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads