• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[T20] High Law and low justice

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Douane said:
* Ancients ... ? *

Zaedhrarrg's eyes widen while his ears "pop" up to the greatest height possible and he wags his tail with alarming speed. Tomas has now his fullest attention.

"So you came across some stuff? You really should have an expert taking a look at it, just on the off-chance that you have actual Ancients artifacts on your hands. Know anyone like that?"

"Belts were too far from the experts" Tomas Explains "but we had a middleman who we sold to and he shipped it to a museum in Regina. Not the best situation but workable in the circumstances.

Found a few casings - weapon casings I think but the most valuable thing I found was what looked to me to be an accelarator coil.

So whats your interest in the Ancients then?
"

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Tonguez said:
"Belts were too far from the experts" Tomas Explains "but we had a middleman who we sold to and he shipped it to a museum in Regina. Not the best situation but workable in the circumstances.

Found a few casings - weapon casings I think but the most valuable thing I found was what looked to me to be an accelarator coil.

So whats your interest in the Ancients then?
"

"Oh!" Zaedhrarrg's tail drops down again.

"Probably you middleman made the most out that deal, don't you think so?

Still, it must have been thrilling to discover some actual artifacts and have them in your hands!

My own interest? I'm more of a "general practioner". Collect all kind of data I can get my paws on and correlate that info. Not really interested in monetary values or anything, just the raw data to work on my own theories. Of course this goes well along with a being a scout and going places, not to mention the Ancients sites operated by the IISS.

Of course, with the Ancients being such a sorry point with my people, for good or for bad, discussion or research just for the sake of it isn't really well-regarded. It's really a shame!
"

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"Yeah he made on the deal more than we did, but the crew I was with were miners, the salvage was just a sideline." Tomas shrugs
and the tries to suppress a grin at the mention of the Vargr opinion of the Ancients

"yeah I guess being told that you were 'created' by a group of aliens from chasers and then abandoned is slightly worse than being told you were abducted by those aliens like humaniti was. But anyway what do the Vargr themselves say about their origin?"

Seonaid

Explorer
Ktarle looks at Zaed with a slightly confused, slightly glazed expression. "What? You met K'kree? And they ate your assistant?"

Maerdwyn

First Post
Seonaid said:
Ktarle looks at Zaed with a slightly confused, slightly glazed expression. "What? You met K'kree? And they ate your assistant?"
Just as Zaed looks like he's about to explain this juicy tidbit from his story (perhaps a poor choice of phrase, that), the door to the captain's dining room opens and a number of people emerge each shaking hands with the captain as they leave. Among them is a man Ktarle and Ruzz'koff recognize from McAllister's, and a woman Ktarle recognizes as Trelene Scrautigue. As the group disperses, one of them, a very large Ursa, heads straight through the restaurant an into the bar, where he sits down right in the middle of a group of startled Luriani and orders a drink. A very old luriani man frowns slightly at the Ursa, then leaves. With nothing major happening, conversation levels in the restaurant and bar quickly return to normal levels after their brief lull as people looked to see who had been dining with the captain.

[ooc: we'll keep this going a little while, and then move ahead just a bit when each of the characters decides to go to be for the evening.yes?]

Maerdwyn

First Post
"They ate him?" Vyrkris leans in a little closer. With a slightly dubious, but very interested look, she asks, "What happened? Where did you meet the K'Kree?"

Douane

First Post
Just for a moment Zaedhrarrgh looks slightly annoyed at the new arrivals who almost spoiled his grand moment. Then he falls back into his dramatic pose, his eyes gleaming with excitement at the thought of his spellbound audience.

"Indeed I met some K'Kree and, yes, they ate my assistant. This was back when .... Oh, I just remember, it's supposed to be a secret. Sorry, folks, can't tell you the story.

But rest assured, they really ate my assistant."

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
Vyrkris looks disappointed for a second, and then brightens. "Oh, okay. It probably wasn't a very good story anyway." She, smiling, turns to address her original dinner companions. "Kforzh (He's the guy I met earlier who I was telling you about, Felin. Very handsome. Dashing, even.) Kforzh was telling me this great story of how he'd survived this Solomani ambush by repairing his ship's jump drive using only a roll of duct tape, some ChocoBars, and a bottle of red wine vinegar. It was very impressive."

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Ktarle, distracted by the exodus from the Captain's dining cabin, gets up in the middle of the conversation and goes over to tag Sanaath. "Did you hear anything yet?"

Remove ads