Table of ability scores for each PHB race, MM race, and class

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Voss said:
It can certainly raise complicated situations, but... it doesn't look like a game breaker.
After the initial crime spree, it doesn't have that much effect, certainly not on the doppelganger's effectiveness in a party.

So what do you anticipate the problem(s) would be?
It's not a gamebreaker in combat (well, not usually), but it can let you run rings around any sort of roleplaying adventure.

3.5e: My gnome just got a hat of illusion last adventure, and after the current one, I'm expecting it to get stolen by a mugger. I was able to, single-handedly, run rings all around the powers that be of a city-state, just through a lot of thinking (and some luck).

Argyuile

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
It's not a gamebreaker in combat (well, not usually), but it can let you run rings around any sort of roleplaying adventure.

3.5e: My gnome just got a hat of illusion last adventure, and after the current one, I'm expecting it to get stolen by a mugger. I was able to, single-handedly, run rings all around the powers that be of a city-state, just through a lot of thinking (and some luck).

It just seems like a huge pain in the ass to build non-combat interactions and mysteries players being able to use this at will.

Asmor

First Post
I fixed the rogue.

I also changed the spreadsheet a bit. Instead of Xs, I put 1s where each race gets a bonus. Then instead of filling in 1 or 2 manually, I just put a formula to add up the appropriate columns. Net result is that it's calculated automatically, removing the biggest source of error.

Possible problems with this version:

I did all the coloring by hand, so I might have colored a particular cell incorrectly.

If I got the ability mods for a race (or key abilities for a class) wrong, then that's obviously going to screw things up. On the bright side, it's dead simple to fix.

Attachments

• autocalc.xls
    80 KB · Views: 65

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Argyuile said:
I never played ebberon so I can't speak to this. I just see PC's trying to impersonate everyone in every town all the time.
Why should they do that? Additionally, it's only one party member, so you still have to explain why you're lugging the party around.

Cheers, LT.

rkanodia

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:

So in other words, your hat of illusion know no limit?

LordDreadman

First Post
Say, I looked at the Pre-gen with KotS, and the Half-Elf doesn't seem to get an at-will from another class as an encounter ability. I seem to recall this being their "cool" atribute. Thus confused, I must now request that someone tell me what the racial abilities of the Half-Elf are. I would be ever so disappointed if they changed this feature.

Let me know!

Yours,
Lord Dreadman

Greenfaun

First Post
To the OP: I want to thank you for putting this together too. Very handy.

I disagree with the design decision to make all the races follow the same ability mod pattern of 2 at +2 and no penalties, though. I just made a thread about this, in fact. Even with the need to suppress min-maxing, I really don't like that all these fantastic/monstrous races are so... average. Or should that be "averaged?"

Oh well, not a huge deal.

Mr. Teapot

First Post
LordDreadman said:
Say, I looked at the Pre-gen with KotS, and the Half-Elf doesn't seem to get an at-will from another class as an encounter ability. I seem to recall this being their "cool" atribute. Thus confused, I must now request that someone tell me what the racial abilities of the Half-Elf are. I would be ever so disappointed if they changed this feature.

Keep on the Shadowfell cut the Half-Elf's multiclass power for whatever reason. Mearls has said that you should just pick another class's at-will power as an encounter power. (I can't find the Keep on the Shadowfell FAQ where they talked about this, though.)

Remove ads