• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tackling Someone

Brazenwood

First Post
How do you tackle someone in 4E, I mean a real tackle like a football tackle, where you run at an opponent wrap him up (grab?) and them take him to the ground (yourself included). If there are no rules for Trip, how can this obvious maneuver be done?

Arrghyle

First Post
Different powers allow you to knock your target prone.
If a player wanted to knock himself prone along with the target, I'd do a STR vs. FORT role with the DMs helper, +2.

I really like the way the RAW allows you to improvise without having to find an official answer for everything. In my group of 10 players, it has made combat faster, more descriptive and more fun.

Brazenwood

First Post
Arrghyle said:
Different powers allow you to knock your target prone.
If a player wanted to knock himself prone along with the target, I'd do a STR vs. FORT role with the DMs helper, +2.

I really like the way the RAW allows you to improvise without having to find an official answer for everything. In my group of 10 players, it has made combat faster, more descriptive and more fun.

Thanks. And I guess you'd still end up with the creature you tackled "grabbed" but both be prone huh?

generalhenry

First Post
You'd need a power to do it.

While grab are bull rush are universal at wills, there is no tackle.

if you feel strongly about it, just make a new universal at will as a house rule.

VannATLC

First Post
"It's over, Anakin! I have the high ground!"

Or, alternatively, spear tackling an armed and armoured opponent is suicide.

Otherwise, its a charge with a bull-rush, init?

I'd allow for the knocking prone as long as both go, free of charge. *snicker*

Tuft

First Post
Brazenwood said:
How do you tackle someone in 4E, I mean a real tackle like a football tackle, where you run at an opponent wrap him up (grab?) and them take him to the ground (yourself included). If there are no rules for Trip, how can this obvious maneuver be done?

See the DMG, page 42, "Action's the Rules Does Not Cover". The explicitly given example in the right column, 1/3rds down, ought to be close enough for you to adapt for the purpose.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads