• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tact-Tiles: The End

What kind of tiles would you like?

• Same as the original. Light gray tiles with a 1" square grid.

Votes: 94 44.8%
  • Clear tiles with a 1" square grid.

Votes: 66 31.4%
  • Light gray tiles with a 1" hex grid.

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Clear tiles with a 1" hex grid.

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • I'd buy both clear and light gray 1" square.

Votes: 86 41.0%
  • I'd by both clear and light gray 1" hex.

Votes: 14 6.7%
  • I'd preffer a different pattern or color, as I will explain below.

Votes: 10 4.8%

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobthehappyzombie

First Post
Anyone know how much these things weigh?
I live in the UK, would you be mass importing them (through esdevian or some such) or would I be best served buying and shipping direct... I know that they don't even exist yet, just planning ahead...

Laslo Tremaine

Explorer
I have a set of the original Tact-Tiles and I love, love, love them!

That being said, I have I learned some hard lessons from a buddy's set. You really have to treat these things with kid gloves.

Right now it looks like the first set produced will be identical in every way to the original Tact-Tiles. 100% compatible.

Now if the new run really is exactly the same as the originals, please learn from our mistakes...

These things scratch pretty darn easily. I mean real easily.

My buddy treated his without much care. People used metal minis, rolled dice on them, and just used them with out thinking. After a bit we had a harder and harder time removing the dry-erase markings. They would no longer just wipe off, and he would have to use the dry-erase cleaner spray to get the markings off. Probably the final nail was that he resorted to putting them in the dishwasher to get them clean... Now they are pretty much useless.

I on the other hand, am paranoid about mine (much to the amusement and derision of my gaming friends). My rules for use are...
• All metal minis must be mounted on plastic bases.
• No rolling of dice on the Tact-Tiles.
• When stored, they must use the original packing (face to face with foam sheets in between).

Like I said. people give me a hard time for being anal about them, but my Tact-Tiles are in great shape and we love gaming with them!

Last edited:

Kunimatyu

First Post
In the meantime, there are two auctions for sets of the old Tact Tiles on ebay, looks like.

I sold mine a (year?) ago on ebay and got a decent amount for them. At this point, I prefer Paizo/Steel Sqwire's FlipMats - portable, cheap, and dry erase.

In the meantime, there are two auctions for sets of the old Tact Tiles on ebay, looks like.

I sold mine a (year?) ago on ebay and got a decent amount for them. At this point, I prefer Paizo/Steel Sqwire's FlipMats - portable, cheap, and dry erase.

I like my flip mats too. We use both of mine in just about every session. However, the ability to build on to your map when you run out of space on one side gives Tact-Tiles a real advantage in my opinion.

They're not as cheap as the flip mats but I'd still be happy to buy them. I did think that Tact-Tiles were dry erase though. Anyone know for certain?

Olaf the Stout

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Agreement with Olaf. Some news about the return of the Tact-Tiles?

As of right now, I'm afraid Tact-tiles are on indefinite hold. For myself, we've got a new baby on the way in the next few months and my partner (co-owner) is likewise tied up.

We hope to be able to get this rolling some day soon, but it seems like a never ending stream of obstacles of late.

Sorry guys. I know that's not what you want to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads