D&D 5E Tainted Powers Level by Level Builds

Tainted Powers

First Post
Hello Everyone!

I have read a lot of Guides that do help you understand a certain class, but I rarely find guides that help you level by level on what you should choose if you have a character concept. I will try and share with you all a few of the characters I made while workin... I mean in my free time.

As I am very new to posting in forums I will try and improve along the way to make my posts more interesting. Currently I have the breakdown of each character on a Google Sheet is which hopefully I will manage to link here. (I think that worked)

While all the stats will be on the sheets any explanation and theory crafting will be posted here. I am currently using material from the Core Books, Sword Coast Adventure Guide and Elemental Evil, also the UA Revised Ranger. (Eventually I will add all of the UA content but for now this is enough). A lot of things in the sheets are optional, like the skills you choose, background, starting equipment, etc.

So the first character will be the Furry of Arrows. The concept is the use of Crossbow Expert feat straight off from first lvl. This feat allows you to ignore the "loading" quality of crossbows, you don't have disadvantage on attack for enemies within 5 feet, AND you get an extra attack as Bonus Action with a loaded hand crossbow. This effectively means, since you ignore the load quality of crossbows, that you have two loaded hand crossbows at the beginning of every turn. You could go for a normal crossbow and a hand crossbow, but I think the style points for two hand crossbows are way cooler.

But lets break it down lvl by lvl:

LVL1 Fighter 1. You start off with a fighter because proficiency in martial weapons is a must, also later on proficiency in CON save will go a long way. You need to have a Studded Leather Armour and two Hand Crossbows. Fighting Style Archery obviously.
This will land you with a AC of 15 (not the best, not the worst), 12 HP, and two attacks (using your action and bonus action) with +7 to attack and D6+3 DMG each. If you hit with both attacks you could kill yourself in one turn. (not that you should. I mean you could as you could do an avg of 12 DMG. Hehe... why would you want to kill yourself when you just started your adventures? Unless it's because of bananas. If your character likes bananas might as well kill yourself)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm a mod "lite", so I can see this thread. You posted it as a "Friend's only" thread, though. Was that intentional?

Remove ads