Tale of the Clueless - Chapter 1: On the Seas of Air [IC Thread]

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
'I know a trader, a planar merchant, busies himself moving goods from place to place, usually high-vaule trae rather than standard mercantile stuff. He's the cutter who gave me my break in the planes. Seems like aeons ago now, but anyway, he's got a commission comming up soon, and I could get him to come over here tomorrow if any of you are interested. I'm in the dark as to the details, but there's good jink involved and it'll show you more of the planes, get you used to things. Even if you decide not to stay here, seeing the Great Wheel is nothing short of an experience to savour.'

"Hmm, well talking to him wouldn't hurt, maybe he knows how to get us home." Leans over to Mironallia "What's the great wheel anyway?"

OOC How much knowledge of slang here should I assume that I know?

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
From what I've gathered it's a reference to the planes as a whole. But there's probably a lot more to it than that. Mir tells Thrumgall. Of course, she never realized before she arrived that there were more than 3 planes: one for the good deities, the Abyss for the evil ones, and one for the gods of balance. She drinks some of her whiskey, then continues. Your offer is most appreciated. As long as we're here, we might as well make the most of our opportunities, yes?

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
[sblock=Saloric]OOC: as much as you think makes sense, though not TOO much; what you reckon locals would have had the patience to point out (not muc hin other words ;)0.[/sblock]

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Tjallon nods as he prepares to pul la pint of some brew called Shadowrye ale. 'He should be coming by tomorrow sometime, so be sure you're here.'

The man continues with his work, and leaves the bar to collec tsome glasses. The common-room is relatively busy and it seems that he and his tielfing barmaid are the only ones working. Business seems to be going well for the man. As he rushes off you hear him mumble something with a grin. 'Lets hope none or you are afraid of heights...'

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
Completely unused to the idea of mercenary style work, Idim has a confused look on her face. "Why would this merchant want to hire people that know so little?" she asks of her companions generally. She thinks for a moment. "I suppose I probably don't want to know the answer, do I? Well, if 'jink' is what we need, we should try to get it as we can." It is probably quite clear to the others that Idim really knows little about what she is saying, and is likely speaking merely to feel like she has some manner of control over the situation.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Drota snorts at Idim's innocence, her own children hadn't cherished such ridiculous notions past their second birthdays. "If this merchant takes us to far away places, he don't need to know us. He could leave us someplace where we know no one, a place more dangerous than here. If we know nothing, we're easy to trust, because we don't know him enough to betray him. You have to know someone to do that."

Drota remembered clearly how one of her own daughters had betrayed her to her father that Drota had been practicing with weapons, in order to gain favor for her own mate. Despite the beating that had followed, Drota had been oddly proud; Ulla had accomplished her goal and taught her mother a valuable lesson in the process.

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Tjallon returns to the bar, with some empty mugs and dirty plates in his hands. 'Wel you can do what you want,' he says to Drota.

'I told him you're looking for some money, and he's just trying to help. He could get guards from a dozen bub houses round here, but we go way back. I trust him with my life, and if that's not enough for you... well, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone willing to help you round here.'

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Drota's right, It is risky. Mironallia says. But ultimately it's a chance we have to take. It's the best prospect we've found to earn some coin all the week. Besides, don't any of you see the potential here, to see things and go places that our peers couldn't imagine existed? That we have a one-of-a-kind opportunity here for some excitement and adventure? The half-elf notices no one in particular being aroused by her spiel. Or should I just can this sermon now and go straight to the singing of "Take Me Home, Dear Blue Goddess?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Don't bother. I will take the job, if the rest of you won't. I need to get back to my family and my mate, they need me..." Drota says, trailing off a bit, then taking a large swig of ale.

Remove ads