Tale of the Clueless - Chapter 1: On the Seas of Air [IC Thread]

Gli'jar

First Post
The door to the tavern swings open wide and Terrathoin makes his way towards the group. Easily taking up the space of where two people might have passed, the massive dwarf slowly makes his way over. He grabs a chair and sits with the rest of the group, laying a hand in greeting on Thrumgall’s shoulder and nods to the others before taking a seat. Rather than reaching for a mug, he removes a rather large stein from his waist and sets it on the table and looks to get the attention of either Tjallon or the barmaid. Before addressing the group. “Them Harmonium been showing me around. Right good outfit, disciplined, law abiding, and a right good goal that a dwarf can agree with.” He pauses for a second looking around the table at the others before continuing, idly stroking his beard . “It still right peculiar, this place, all the people. ‘A multiverse to explore out there.’ I’ve been told.” He gives a wry smile, “At least there is good drink here. What was that I heard about some work?”

Outwardly, it is apparent that Terathoin has had a pretty easy time adjusting to his new environment. If he did not run into the Harmonium upon his arrival he would easily have been in the dead book by now. Daily he makes his way to the barracks and spends time with members of the Harmonium. Their philosophy mirrors his own and with their aid in showing him around the place and providing insight into the planes, he is adjusting well to his new environment. He views Thrumgall, a fellow dwarf as a welcome sight, a brother in this place. He is accepting of Idim and Miron and is still trying to wrap his head around Drota and Vor.

Terrathoin bears the trappings of one who knows his way with weapons, armor and their craft. He often is found remarking on the make and style of weapons and armor, where improvements could be made and where faults lie in the equipment’s making. His long beard is meticulously braided, and bound as his long black hair. His choice in subdued earth tones in clothing complement his dark skin. Although his height is average for a dwarf, he is remarkably broad of shoulder and stout.

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Tjallon turns to Drota. 'Got kids too? must be terrible having been separated like that. I rememer, a long time ago i would have thought such a thing offensive - an orc saying omething like that but this place, for all its quirks, does have some good things going for it. it shows you the truth of the multiverse, the dark that primers just dont know. Just look at you all... when you were back home would you, in a million lifetimes, have thought you'd be kipping with such a group?'

'Didn't think so,'
he says, turning round to the dwarf. 'I was just telling the others about a friend of mine, a half-janni to those who want the lann, looking for guards on his merchant ship, should get you all some jink, and maybe closer to whatever goal it is you have. I know most of these cutters want to get home.'

"HA! don't worry about a dwarf and his liquor, Mir. It would take a lot more than a few mugs before we'd even start feeling it. Tjallon's been very helpful and I don't doubt that he's trying to do that now. If for no other reason than he wants to see that we pay our barbill, HAR!" With that he pours himself another shot of whiskey and looks over at Drota "Your wrong about trust Drota, there's no trust without a really knowing someone, otherwise your always wondering what they are really up to."

"Ack enough of this philosophin! Terrathoin what have you been learning with the Harmonium?"

Gli'jar

First Post
"Work would do us all good. Guards on a merchant ship. These legs are not too much for the seas, best tie a rope to me so I don't fall and drown. Speaking of drowning," he moves his stein the direction of Tjallon, "A topping off good Tjallon"

Terrathoin firsts turns to Thrumgall as if Mir's question is one that should never be broached then turns to Mir, and in a rather stern matter of fact manner, "Lass, good brew is more than drink, its a meal so don't go worrying about how much I've been drinking..." He stops for a pause, "Rather ask how many meals I've had today." He barks out loudly, laughing and smacking his open palm flat on the table. It is apparant he thinks his remark is rather funny.

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Tjallon nods as he pours more liquid. 'Yes, you watch out, dealing with factioneers. Nothing comes for nothing - if they been asking you to join 'em, they been doing so for reason. Not that there's anything bad there, but best watch out Terathoin.'

Last edited:

Gli'jar

First Post
Nodding, a Tjallon's comment, "Tjallon, I'll grant you I've been getting a one sided view, but whats your opinion of the factions."

Dichotomy

Explorer
Idim laughs heartily along with Terrathoin, as the dwarf's merry mood has brightened her spirits. "Terrathoin Soulforge," (her companions have already learned that the Shaaryan girl always addresses people using their whole names) "you remind me much of a dwarven blacksmith I once met. It makes me glad that some things in this place still seem familiar."

Idim raises her much smaller tankard of ale. With a nod to both dwarves, she bids them 'good meal' in a foreign but still clear dwarven.

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
'No matter where you are, life's always about hearth and hoe. the scenery may be a bit different, but it's alwasy the same lann,' he smiles before turning back to the dwarf.

'Depends on the faction, I s'pose. I don't twig much to the Anarchists or the xaositscts. One's too busy trying to get into everyone's boots, cause as much discomfort as possible, the other's just all over the place, and don't make sense up in the brianbox... but don't tell them i said that.

'The others, well, they're ok i suppose if you twig to their beliefs. some seem outlandish to me while other cutters'll swear by them. Now the Hardhea... Harmonium, I should say, are a bit overbearing. They impose their beliefs on anyone. At least if the Guvnors or the Ciphers dont agree with you they'll leave you to your own devices (at least most of them will), but the Harmonium'll bash a sod senseless trying to drill their beifs into his skull. Now, if if agree with their ideas of so-called harmony, then good for you. But the rest of us... well, we just keep quiet and nod our heads when a patrol of the bloods comes walking down the street, looking for a scrap.

'And it's not just them too. Another part of the 'Triad of Justice' - the Mercykillers are jus tas bad, if not worse. They'll tell a blood that justice is the key to everything, but what they don't tell (but by the Lady, they show it) is that they'll do anything to impose that justice... which is why they're the executioners of the Cage. They sescend on the mauled body of a blood once once the Harmonium (who patrol the streets) and Guvnors (who control the courts) are done with him.

'Though i'd say on the most part they do more good than ill. the Guvnors are good at controling the Cage, while the Free Leage are adept at overseeing the Bazaar and trade. The Dustmen have the thanklss task of clearing up all the poor sods whove written their names in the deadbook, and disposing of them. The Sensates... well I can name more than a few cutters who'd be lost without the Civic Festhall!'

Last edited:

Gli'jar

First Post
"Ack enough of this philosophin! Terrathoin what have you been learning with the Harmonium?"

"Here in Sigil, you can find a portal almost anywheres provided you know how to open it. Upper planes, lower planes, inner planes, planes of chaos, law and conflict and others. By Moradin there are other worlds out there." He takes a deep draught and stops as if he is taking in all that he has said.

Remove ads