• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tale of the Clueless - Chapter 1: On the Seas of Air [IC Thread]

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
The woman rolls her eyes, 'Well... nothing really. I don't beleve in anything much and neither do the other indeps. They way i see it - which I reckon is the way most other Free Leaguers do - is; if you side with one of these factions and their philosophies, there's a big chance youre believing i the worng thing. It's simple logic - there's over a dozen factions, and they can't all be right, can they? so if you side with one, you're writing yourself into a corner. What if that philospohy's wrong? you turn out a looser and that's no fun,' she smiles.

'No offense to them or anythingm but have you heard the barmy things some factions think? Like the Dustmen - True death indeed! or the Signers? Might as well be living in Pandemonium itself with ideas like that, i doubt any are right... but, to be honest I couldn't give a goblins' arse about philosophy and whatnot. Though i have a lot of friends who're in the Free League, looking over the Great Bazaar and i suppose i just gravitated towards them.' she says, shrugging, as thouh feeling suddenly embarassed about something.

'Though Ive never put much faith into all that faction stuff, so i might be wrong about the Indeps. That's just what I think about them.'

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
"Oh! The Free League; yeah I'd met some in the marketplace. I thought they were a trade centered mercantile guild or some such thing. Didn't realize they had their own philosophy too. I guess I should have realized..." The small wyrm's crest dips in embarrasement.

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
'I think you've missed the point. The Indps have no philosophy. 'Course some greybeards would say that their common lack-of-belief turns that into a philosophy.'

Ambrus

Explorer
"Hm. A bunch of people who all agree to agree on nothing? Sounds like the Realms. Maybe we'd all fit in with them then." The small platinum wyrm turns to his companions grouped at the table and pulls his saurian maw into a crocodile's smile.

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
'Well, anyone want anything, were closing the bar for the night,' says Tjallon.

Indeed, as you look around you, it seems that all the other patrons have left. The common-room, like any room, takes on a different character in this new light. It is queter and somehow duller, like a ghost house, but not quite. The only bodies in the place are you and the Tjallon and the tieflng waitress.

Outside, the streets of the Lower Ward have wuetened down (slightly), with most cutters heading home for the night.

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
Tjallon begins closing up the tavern, lifting chairs and stools onto tables, clearing away glasses and plates; while the tifling comes out from the kitchen with a broom and a bucket of water.

[sblock=OOC]Anyone who wants to describe their daytime activities, please do so. Otherwise we can skip to the next day[/sblock]

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
There are rooms (despite the fact ive been calling it a tavern :heh: ) and it is assumed that you are staying there already. The rooms are simple, functional rather than comfortable, but they are cheap :)

Dichotomy

Explorer
As the night winds down, Idim bids each of her new friends a restful sleep and heads to her room to do likewise.

For the morrow, the Shaaryan has no specific plans other than the scheduled meeting. She will likely simply wander the Cage a bit to become more familiar with it.

Remove ads