Tale Weaver's Vampire: The Masquerade Game Board

Tale_Weaver

First Post
I-74 Mountain Road

The road opens out into a downhill road. There is a steep cliff on the left side of the road as it wraps around the mountainside and makes its way down to the valley below on the other side of the mountains.

Lacey says "We can't take much more of this captain! Our ship is losing power! Just look at all these flashing lights!" Almost ironically, Lacey's "check engine" light and "airbag" light have gone off.

Lacey attempts to use evasion to make the truck a harder target to hit. Unfortunately that means she's going all over the road.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be hindering the pursuers at all.

Tale_Weaver

First Post
I-74 Mountain Road

The road opens out into a downhill road. There is a steep cliff on the left side of the road as it wraps around the mountainside and makes its way down to the valley below on the other side of the mountains.

Lacey says "We can't take much more of this captain! Our ship is losing power! Just look at all these flashing lights!" Almost ironically, Lacey's "check engine" light and "airbag" light have gone off.

Lacey attempts to use evasion to make the truck a harder target to hit. Unfortunately that means she's going all over the road.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be hindering the pursuers at all.

Ruby gets on her feet and backs herself close to the rear window so Clover can hear her. She has a resolute look on her face.

"Clover, I want to thank you. Thank you for being my friend despite my....our condition. Koln too. You both were very special to me and I will never forget you. I don't know if I'll ever see you again but I'll be damned if you guys die here!"

Ruby gets up and shrieks with rage, her claws extending from her fingertips.

Ruby spends 1 bloodpoint on Feral Claws.

She charges at the truck and makes a leap to go through their broken windshield.

Tale_Weaver

First Post
I-74 Mountain Road

Ruby gets on her feet and backs herself close to the rear window so Clover can hear her. She has a resolute look on her face.

"Clover, I want to thank you. Thank you for being my friend despite my....our condition. Koln too. You both were very special to me and I will never forget you. I don't know if I'll ever see you again but I'll be damned if you guys die here!"

Ruby gets up and shrieks with rage, her claws extending from her fingertips.

Ruby spends 1 bloodpoint on Feral Claws.

She charges at the truck and makes a leap to go through their broken windshield.

Ruby leaps aboard the biker gang's truck through the broken windshield. She lands on the driver, clinging onto him with her claws. He struggles to maintain control of the vehicle. He fails miserably as Ruby continues to claw at him, blood going everywhere. He ends up steering the truck off of the road, it goes through the guardrail and off the cliff.

You all watch in horror as the truck tumbles off the cliff side, falling hundreds of feet, rolling over and bursting into flames before disappearing into the darkness below.

The end of Ruby...or is it...

Last edited:

Strider_Koln

First Post
Koln briskly turns at Ruby's last words. Realizing what she's about to do, he hastily pulls off his safety-belt and leans over his seat, roughly pushing it down under his weight as he struggles to pull her back into the truck. However, he is not fast enough, and all he can do is silently watch...

He knew this day was coming. Indeed, he can still recall consoling Ruby months ago about the reality of their situation: one day she would leave him. Perhaps the full-meaning of this inevitability had been lost on him at the time, since he remembers not feeling quite as hurt as he thought he should. He also remembers taking it for granted that he would have more time with her. Afterall, they were vampires, and what should time matter to those godly souls that are bound together in shadow and endless night?

He takes it all in, instantly remembering all of his favorite moments with the sweet Amish girl. His many minds all racing... but, for once, Koln has nothing to say. Oh sure, his mouth moves, but no sounds are emitted. Perhaps it is for the best, for his words were meant for only one person, one person alone, and she is no longer here.

He turns back around, his head low and hands folded.

Socrates pokes his head out of Koln's jacket pocket, letting out a quiet squeak as if sensing something is wrong with his friend

[Sblock] Lacey is hearing Socrates singing, not squeaking [/sblock]

Last edited:

Tale_Weaver

First Post
I-74 Mountain Road

He takes it all in, instantly remembering all of his favorite moments with the sweet Amish girl. His many minds all racing... but, for once, Koln has nothing to say. Oh sure, his mouth moves, but no sounds are emitted. Perhaps it is for the best, for his words were meant for only one person, one person alone, and she is no longer here.

He turns back around, his head low and hands folded.

Socrates pokes his head out of Koln's jacket pocket, letting out a quiet squeak as if sensing something is wrong with his friend

[Sblock] Lacey is hearing Socrates singing, not squeaking [/sblock]

Lacey pulls the truck off to the side of the road and shuts the engine off. She unbuckles herself and puts her head on the wheel, part out of relief and part out of sadness. She weakly sings to herself "Who wants....to live......forever.....?"

Strider_Koln

First Post
Lacey pulls the truck off to the side of the road and shuts the engine off. She unbuckles herself and puts her head on the wheel, part out of relief and part out of sadness. She weakly sings to herself "Who wants....to live......forever.....?"

Without a word Koln opens the car door and steps outside. He begins to slowly walk off in the direction of the cliff where the truck fell from.

izillama

First Post
Clover sat solemnly in the back of the truck, her arm frozen in a half grab towards where Ruby disappeared. She pressed her mouth together tightly as she watched Lacey begin to sing and Koln get out of the car; walking, lost, towards the edge of the cliff. The sadness that Clover felt was punctuated, strangely, by an indescribable anger. She tried to pin down the source of the rage. She was mad at the vampires that had chased them, seemingly without purpose. She was mad at herself for not having been smart enough or a good enough shot to stop the truck before it reached them. She was mad at her new change in company; two Malkavians and a rat. But mostly, she was simply mad at Ruby herself for being so...

Heroic? Selfless? Brave? Selfish! So selfish to leave Koln. So selfish to leave Clover.

She wanted to rage against them all, but all she could manage was a whispered oath in the direction of where the Amish girl had last stood. Her voice came out quiet and raw, "Ruby, you fool."

Clover allowed herself a moment of silence, then stared at Koln.

Tale_Weaver

First Post
I-70 Mountain Road

Clover sat solemnly in the back of the truck, her arm frozen in a half grab towards where Ruby disappeared. She pressed her mouth together tightly as she watched Lacey begin to sing and Koln get out of the car; walking, lost, towards the edge of the cliff. The sadness that Clover felt was punctuated, strangely, by an indescribable anger. She tried to pin down the source of the rage. She was mad at the vampires that had chased them, seemingly without purpose. She was mad at herself for not having been smart enough or a good enough shot to stop the truck before it reached them. She was mad at her new change in company; two Malkavians and a rat. But mostly, she was simply mad at Ruby herself for being so...

Heroic? Selfless? Brave? Selfish! So selfish to leave Koln. So selfish to leave Clover.

She wanted to rage against them all, but all she could manage was a whispered oath in the direction of where the Amish girl had last stood. Her voice came out quiet and raw, "Ruby, you fool."

Clover allowed herself a moment of silence, then stared at Koln.

Lacey continues to sing while Clover broods. "touch my tears with your lips...touch my world with your fingertips...And we can have forever...And we can love forever...Forever is our today...day...day?...sunny...day! Sun, sunshine!" She quickly sits back upright and looks back at Clover "Please understand, we must go!"

Lacey jumps out of the truck and runs over to Koln. The wreckage of the truck lies at the bottom of the cliff, over a hundred feet down. Yet even from high above on the road the faint glow of flames can be seen. Lacey puts a hand on Koln's shoulder "I'm sorry Koln, but we must go. By daylight these hills will be swarming with orcs...and our ashes. Ruby would certainly not want that!"

Strider_Koln

First Post
Koln continues to the edge of the cliff, and stares down at the wreckage. Lacey's words go unheard as the young undead priest struggles to mentally process what's happened. When it all finally settles into place, the realism of the situation then hits him.

"NO!!!" Koln lets out a loud throaty scream of agony as he falls to his knees, his hands over his face.

He remains like this for a few moments before leaving with Lacey back to the truck. As he walks he keeps looking over his shoulder, as if hoping he would turn and see Ruby standing there, unharmed and happy. Sadly, such is not in God's plan it seems...

Remove ads