• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tales around the Campfire - OOC Discussion

Sparky

Hey folks - some of you will probably already have seen that I'm going to be in this fall's Ceramic DM contest. We'll get this combat going, but if I do well in the contest, it will probably take an even longer while.

doghead

thotd
A Heads Up.

It looks like I'm going to be away from the keyboard for about a week. At this point looks like it will be from the 9th to the 14th of December. During this time I suspect that my internet access will be minimal.

On a different, but related note, I was wondering who is still here. I have accumulated a rather large stable of characters and feel I should trim it down somewhat. Not really wanting to drop any of them, or the games in question, I'm looking at the slower games. Its the inactive characters that sadden me the most.

I've been keen to play in a game run by Sparky, and I really like the potential of the whole 'tale being told' approach. I know Sparky has here hands rather full with the Ceramic DM contest at the moment, but what is everyone else thinking at this point?

the head of the dog.

Sparky

Pulling the plug

Hey folks - you might have seen this coming. I'm gonna go ahead and stop this game. I appreciate the time, attention and creativity that you've given here and I still really like the concept, but I can't prioritize enough attention to properly (or even half-heartedly) run a PbP game.

I really appreciate your contributions and will keep a sad little candle burning for all of your orphaned stories.

[repeated in the IC thread]

Sparky

Hey didn't see that you all had posted here, sorry to have posted without reading.

doghead, the very reason you're looking to trim up your games is why I'm dropping this one.

I hope to run something in the future. Who knows when. Maybe something less ambitious at LEW. Thanks for all of the interest shown - it was cool while it lasted.

EDIT: The Ceramic DM is over for me, out in round 2. I rather liked my second round story and the first round well, it's not easy to write anything under the conditions of CDM, but this was definitely weak. My opponent bailed, which gave me a free pass to round 2 where I was bumped out by a good opponent who I hope to see crush all opposition so that my loss is justified. ;)

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Hey Sparky

I think that it right decision if you don't feel you can really give it the attention you feel it needs. Better to pull the plug than leave a game to limp along on life support.

As I am trying to trim things back a bit, this does make things a bit easier for me.

After seeing your characters in action, I would like the chance to be in a game of yours. Starting a LEW game when we finish Rivenblight's Castaways would be perfect timing.

I think its gutsy just to give the Ceramic DM contest a go.

thotd.

Remove ads