Tales of the eldeen reaches

Ozmar

First Post
Silver, too, is afraid. But she is quickly gathering her things into her bag. Her voice quavers as she says "'c'mon, Caw! Let us do as Scarfang says, and quickly." Without waiting for the others to be completely ready, she begins to move off to the north, hoping that they will follow.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Ranvar moves into instant action, putting on his armor, and helping the others get their things together.

"Lets go, hurry. I will bring up the rear. Move steadily, but slow enough for Roral and I to keep up. We shouldn't split up."

Bront

The man with the probe
Stulgar takes the sack and tucks it away in his backpack (No one else has at this point), while nodding to the druid. As if almost instinctive, he begins to try to find the best uses of his friend's tallents. "Silver, you take the lead." he says giving her a knowing look, and perhaps a hint of a smile. "Keep your eyes open. Roral and Umbra, follow her. Renvar and Umbra, you stay behind Roral and Caw, and I'll trail behind you all."

Before they leave, he says to Scarfang "I trust my friends, and believe they're more ready than they know. We won't let you down."

DrZombie

First Post
The druid looks at you as you leave the clearing, and when you look back you can see him smile a bitter grin. His hand waves in the air wreathed in green light, as he bends down to heal the wounds of his companions.

An hour or two after you leave you can hear a roar, dimly , from where you came. After that, silence.

The going is tough as you go deeper and deeper into the woods. You have a hard time keeping your direction, but manage with a few minor mishaps.

Ozmar

First Post
Silver will set a pace that is as hard as she can, allowing for the others to keep up. She asks Caw (particularly his raven familiar) to fly ahead to keep an eye out for ambushes. She stops only briefly for rests, and a quick mid-day meal, and encourages them to push on to the brink of twilight before setting camp. Only then does she begin reflecting on what has transpired...

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
'Great druid? What great druid? I thought Scarfang was supposed to be some great druid?'

As the group progresses forward this first day... Roral placed second in the marching order behind a rapidly-progressing Silver... he can't help but continually question what has transpired thus far. All his training up to this point has been regimented and militaristic-- Anders Marrilian gave specific orders and Roral followed them to a 'T'. But now to just "go with the flow" with whatever Scarfang has presented them thus far, regardless of how specific - or more to the point UNSPECIFIC - the information given has been... has him quite bothered. And thus (to the annoyance probably of the rest of the group), he whines and complains about it the entire day of the hike.

'Go north two days until we reach a stream, then follow it until we find it's source. Then turn around and come BACK this way until we eventually find Scarfang and the others or we reach somewhere SAFE?!? What does that mean, somewhere SAFE?!? And where would that be, pray tell? And at what point after we've found somewhere safe are we then supposed to go find this Great Druid? Especially since he didn't tell us who or where this Great Druid is! I certainly hope one of you guys know... because this seems like a bunch of useless hiking to get us out of the way, if you ask me.'

This second day of relentless hiking while wearing his armor ends up being even worse than the first, what with his muscles still not fully healed from the journey the day before. And thus, he's cranky, cranky, cranky.

'And by the way... just how exactly are we supposed to come back this way from the stream WITHOUT leaving any tracks? Are one of you going to be ERASING them or something... because I know my boots will be leaving large pockets in the mud. I certainly don't envy the one of you who has to try and eliminated six pairs of tired, heavy boot tracks. Why in Balinor's name did he BRING us out here if he's not going to tell us what is going on? Is this how all creature of the forest behave? Keep everyone in the dark? Remind me to never take a post in the woods then.'

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Caw sends Aluir ahead to check that things ahead are safe,telling it to fly in the shadows. He keeps his mouth shut, keeping to the middle of the party. He constantly looks back, wondering what has happened to the druid.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Ranvar gets a bemused look on his face, and says with a degree of resignation,

"Quiet Roral. I beleive that Scarfang means us to find THE great druid. The Greatpine, cheif druid of the Reach. As for Scarfang's instructions? Either they'll make sense as they become important, or we'll try our best and do our worst. No point complaining about it now. On we go."

Remove ads