• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tales of the eldeen reaches

DrZombie

First Post
One of the creatures carries a band of gold around his left upper upper arm. It has a few gemstones in it, and is engraved in an alien motif, with strangely twisted curves.
The weapons are too small for you to use comfortably, but could perhaps be sold to halflings or gnomes.

The forest, wich had gone quite during the fight, tarts to liven up again. Flies are buzzing over the two corpses.

[ooc : what do you do with the corpses, if anything, and what's the travel order? It is around midday)

Ozmar

First Post
[ooc: huh, I thought they were bigger than that]

Silver takes the gold band, but does nothing to conceal the bodies.

To the best of my knowledge, the plan is: Silver and Caw take the lead (Aluir continues to scout ahead), with Ranvar and Roral following, and Umbra and Stulgar are bringing up the rear/flanks with an eye towards protecting us against more attacks. Silver is heading due north towards the river.

Does that sound right?

Krug

Newshound
Caw is happy to just leave the corpses to the elements. "Perhaps I should be in the middle, as Aluir can still communicate with me easily from there. The warriors might wish to take the front," the sorcerer suggests.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Stulgar said:
"I don't think we're a diversion. More likely, we're assistance."

Roral tilts his head at the ranger and looks at him questioningly.

'How can we be assistance if we're being sent off to hide? If we were meant to be assisting the others, we'd stay out in the field and continue to find more of these things and attack them.'

He walks over to one of the creatures and takes a careful look at it.

'The fact that we've been walking this far north for two days, and then are supposed to just "disappear" tells me that Scarfang and the others wanted us to be seen walking away from some important area, but then not get involved past that. So as I said... I think we're a diversion meant to draw at least some of these creatures away from some central area. If and when we disappear at the spring... any more of these things that followed us will be now two days out from wherever Scarfang and the others are now probably going to be.'

He stands up and gives a small snort of amusement.

'And how much do you want to bet that we aren't the only group walking around out here like this either? I'd be willing to put down money that probably every single druid involved in this battle probably recruited a band like us to cause their own diversions. The more groups like us that can draw these creatures away... the easier the big central fight will be for Scarfang and the others.'

He now stands up and shrugs his shoulders.

'Look, I could be completely off here, I admit... but looking at this battle plan logically... the only reason raw, untested recruits such as ourselves would be brought into an engagement like this would be to draw attention away from the main fight. If we were meant to be part of the main battle, we wouldn't have been asked to walk away, go hide, and then eventually find the Great Druid. We'd be brought to the eventually place of battle and put in the third or fourth line of defense to be used if the battle went horribly wrong. So as this is what we've been asked to do... let's do it right. Let's make sure that we take out as many of these creatures as we can as we walk before we reach the spring and then "disappear."'

He tightens up his mail, sheathes his sword, and then gets in line up next to Caw.

Ozmar

First Post
Well, at least he seems to know what he's talking about.

"If that's Scarfang's plan for us, then let's not disappoint him!" Silver leads off at a steady pace, taking less care to be quiet than before, partially because she wants to draw more enemies, and partially because she knows Roral will be making twice as much noise anyway.

Bront

The man with the probe
DEFCON 1 said:
Roral tilts his head at the ranger and looks at him questioningly.

'How can we be assistance if we're being sent off to hide? If we were meant to be assisting the others, we'd stay out in the field and continue to find more of these things and attack them.'
"Assistance is not always direct or immediate. The fight might yet be coming, and both sides may be gathering warriors." Stulgar says. "The Great Druid will know more, we should make haste to get to him. The Gatekeepers have their ways for a reason."

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Ranvar takes up his sheild, takes out his sickle, and starts back headed north.

"Lets get a move on then. I can take the lead with Roral walking behind. Caw and Silver, stay in the middle to keep protected and mobile. Flankers to the side to spot ambushes. What will the signal be?"

Ranvar is sure to cut an obvious trail through the forest with his sheild moving any branches or brambles out of the way and his sickle cutting through the worst of the undergrowth.

Ferrix

Explorer
Umbra glances at Roral, he sure does like to talk a lot that one, "whatever he has in store for us, or fate has in store for us, it is useless to wait for it. To meet it and grasp it by the throat, is the way of the hunter." He reclaims his spear and moves into a flanking, emphasizing his tacit aptness of disappearing into the shadows and underbrush, his eyes following the loud others from the shadows.

Ozmar

First Post
Silver rolls her eyes at Ranvar, and follows his lead. But if he doesn't move fast enough for her tastes, she pushes up behind and even passes him.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ranvar said:
"What will the signal be?"

Roral glances at Umbra and Stulgar to see if they themselves know what kind of signal would make the most sense and be able to be understood without giving away their own position.

'Whatever works for you, works for me. I just don't want to see either of you get ambushed out there by yourselves, because who knows how quickly we can come aid you if you do.'

Roral follows along behind Ranvar as he blazes a trail forward. Occasionally he glances back and sees Silver getting a bit impatient, but there's nothing they can do about it. The journey is monotonous, hot, and tiresome... and Roral is looking forward to when they finally reach the stream, because then the spring will be only a few hours away.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads