• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tales of the eldeen reaches

Bront

The man with the probe
Ozmar said:
"Talk to animals? OK, 'Master Druid'. I didn't know you were the type." Silver attempts to throw a humorous comment into the conversation, but her frustration and fear is revealed in her voice. "Anyway... how hard can it be to find the Great Druid? Everyone knows where his grove is."
"Learning to interpret animals is not as complex as it sounds, though to truely speak with them is another matter," Stulgar says. "And as for the fire, we can make a small smokeless cooking fire and then reduce it to coals for the eve. The light of the fire might be useful at night for the watch, but if you don't see the need..."

Krug

Newshound
Caw sends Aluir up, but doubts if the crow will have much luck. "Speak to birds of the air, good crow, and tell us if you learn anything," the sorcerer says to his familiar.

Ozmar

First Post
ShaggySpellsword said:
"Balinor grants me limited ability to communicate with his creations. I've only used it once or twice. Most animals are frustrating to speak with. Like you say, most everyone knows where the Great Druid resides, animals, however, won't be able to repeat that we've asked after the fact."

"Unless someone else can speak to animals..."

Ozmar

First Post
Bront said:
"Learning to interpret animals is not as complex as it sounds, though to truely speak with them is another matter," Stulgar says. "And as for the fire, we can make a small smokeless cooking fire and then reduce it to coals for the eve. The light of the fire might be useful at night for the watch, but if you don't see the need..."

Silver growls low in her throat. "I don't! Why leave any additional evidence of our presence? We don't need the light - anything that would help us will only serve to attract things to our location. We've already been attacked once and have every reason to expect another attack soon. I think a fire is an unnecessary and dangerous luxury tonight."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Silver said:
"I think a fire is an unnecessary and dangerous luxury tonight."

Roral shrugs his shoulders. 'Okay... I don't have any arguments against it if you feel that strongly about it. Ranvar and I have first watch and we'll use the moonlight to spot by.'

He stares out back the way they came, as that is the direction any creatures which were following them would have to come. 'The big question right now is what, if anything, we're going to see during our dreams tonight. Obviously the portents were more real than I originally gave them credit for, so we should get as many details as possible... locations, number of enemies... if the dreams return. They might give us clues as to where our troubles may lie in the next three days leading to the spring.'

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Ranvar settles down to watch with Roral, and speaks quietly to him

"So...Silver seems a little high-strung tonight, huh? Between you and me, I wonder if she's gonna be able to cut getting us there and back again...maybe its just me. Balinor help her...and all of us."

Bront

The man with the probe
Ozmar said:
Silver growls low in her throat. "I don't! Why leave any additional evidence of our presence? We don't need the light - anything that would help us will only serve to attract things to our location. We've already been attacked once and have every reason to expect another attack soon. I think a fire is an unnecessary and dangerous luxury tonight."
"As the lady wishes then," Stulgar says with a rare smile.

Stulgar lays out his gear and finds a good place to sit, where he starts on a ration.

"Are we going to have enough food to get where we're going? Or should some of us hunt one of these days?"

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Caw said:
"Speak to birds of the air, good crow, and tell us if you learn anything."
'Hey Caw! That bird of yours report anything yet?'

Stulgar said:
"Are we going to have enough food to get where we're going? Or should some of us hunt one of these days?"
'Hunting would probably be a smart idea. Perhaps on tomorrow's journey we can slow down the pace a bit and see if we can find any game on the trail as we move.'

Ranvar said:
"So...Silver seems a little high-strung tonight, huh? Between you and me, I wonder if she's gonna be able to cut getting us there and back again...maybe its just me. Balinor help her...and all of us."

Roral casts a sidelong glance at Silver, then moves it over to Umbra.

'To be honest... it's Umbra that I'm more worried about. The guy barely says anything, and is usually off walking by himself doing goodness knows what. That kind of antisocial behavior makes me nervous. Silver might get pretty tense some times, but at least we can plainly see what's up with her. The problems you see are easier to deal with than the problems you can't.'

Roral and Ranvar have first watch until around midnight or so.

((Spot [10] - 1 = 9))
((Listen [4] - 1 = 3))
((Fortitude [11] + 5 = 16))

Ozmar

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
'Hunting would probably be a smart idea. Perhaps on tomorrow's journey we can slow down the pace a bit and see if we can find any game on the trail as we move.'

Silver chimes in with an observation. "Probably don't want to do that until after we've drowned our trail in the river. We don't want to get caught by whatever else may be chasing us."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Silver's right, we'll have to slow down anyway when I cover our tracks, so one or two can hunt while I cover the tracks of the others." Stulgar says.

OOC: I'm assuming I'm the only one who can track, so I'm the only one who can cover them. If this is untrue, I can hunt instead.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads