• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tales of the eldeen reaches

Ozmar

First Post
Bront said:
"Silver's right, we'll have to slow down anyway when I cover our tracks, so one or two can hunt while I cover the tracks of the others." Stulgar says.

OOC: I'm assuming I'm the only one who can track, so I'm the only one who can cover them. If this is untrue, I can hunt instead.

Silver observes: "Well, in terms of 'covering' our tracks, I had thought we would simply use the river? If it is not too deep, we can wade up or down stream. Surely that would eliminate our trail? Then after we leave the river, we can hunt if necessary."

"Personally, I want to get to Oalian as swiftly as possible. Whatever can challenge Scarfang would make short work of us if it caught up with us."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Silver said:
"Well, in terms of 'covering' our tracks, I had thought we would simply use the river? If it is not too deep, we can wade up or down stream. Surely that would eliminate our trail?"

Roral looks down at his metal-clad body and shakes his head.

'Nuh uh. I'm not about to put myself into any depth of water wearing this. One misstep and I'm face-first down under water and drowning. I've already fallen twice on this journey and that was on dry land... you'll have to think of some other way of covering our tracks.'

Ozmar

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
Roral looks down at his metal-clad body and shakes his head.

'Nuh uh. I'm not about to put myself into any depth of water wearing this. One misstep and I'm face-first down under water and drowning. I've already fallen twice on this journey and that was on dry land... you'll have to think of some other way of covering our tracks.'

Silver looks at Roral incredulously. "Are you serious?" she demands. "How about we cover our tracks with a diversion? You can lead them away while we make our escape?" She tries to calm down somewhat. "Look, maybe you should consider taking your armor off while we travel? Anyway, we'll have to look at the river first. If its too deep, then we might not be able to use it. I'm not saying we should swim it. But if it is just a stream, then you needn't fear drowning," she finishes in a huff.

Ferrix

Explorer
Drawing himself out the shadows that seem to continually hang about him, Umbra remarks bitingly, "if we can cover our tracks without resorting to wading about in the water, then we do that. If you feel like going for a swim Silver, I'm sure someone can help you with that." He glares at her, his cat-like eyes glimmering in the darkness.

Ozmar

First Post
Ferrix said:
Drawing himself out the shadows that seem to continually hang about him, Umbra remarks bitingly, "if we can cover our tracks without resorting to wading about in the water, then we do that. If you feel like going for a swim Silver, I'm sure someone can help you with that." He glares at her, his cat-like eyes glimmering in the darkness.

"Yeah?! And how do you suggest we 'cover our tracks' without getting wet?" Silver's voice rises in anger. She glares back at Umbra.

Bront

The man with the probe
Ozmar said:
"Yeah?! And how do you suggest we 'cover our tracks' without getting wet?" Silver's voice rises in anger. She glares back at Umbra.
"I can trail behind and cover our tracks effectively, but we'd need to go a little slower." says Stulgar. "I offered to earlier."

Ozmar

First Post
Bront said:
"I can trail behind and cover our tracks effectively, but we'd need to go a little slower." says Stulgar. "I offered to earlier."

"YEah?! Well... Uh... OK then! Maybe we should do that, then." Silver pouts, thinking of nothing to say, and clearly having "lost" the argument.

Ferrix

Explorer
Umbra merely smirks at the infuriated Silver. Turning away, he hooks up his hammock and drops into it with a comfortable sigh, waiting for his watch to be up.

Bront

The man with the probe
Ozmar said:
"YEah?! Well... Uh... OK then! Maybe we should do that, then." Silver pouts, thinking of nothing to say, and clearly having "lost" the argument.
"If you'd like, you're welcome to follow behind with me and make sure I do a thurough job. I'd certaintly enjoy the company." Stulgar says.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Roral looks at Silver as she stands around and pouts over having been overruled. He can't help but feel that something is going on inside that mind of hers, and as they have nothing better to do this evening as they sit around coldly in the dark, he decides to bring it up and find out what's going on.

'Silver... what's up with you? Every time something happens that bothers you, you freak out and go crazy. Now granted, being the only female amongst us males probably isn't the most comfortable thing in the world... but even still, you could try and be a little more calm. What's the deal, huh? Why are you so easily set off, especially over the most minute things? If I'm going to have to learn to expect it from you, I'd much rather understand why it's happening. A good soldier is one who trusts and understands his bretheren and thus is more easily able to work with them. So talk to us. What's the deal?'

He then turns to Caw and points a finger at him.

'And you're next! I want to know why a guy with your abilities in magic is so easily spooked. That doesn't make any sense either! But I'll get to your problems after we deal with her.'

Roral turns back and looks at Silver.

'Well?'

Remove ads