• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tales of the eldeen reaches

Krug

Newshound
"My magic isn't anything world changing, dear Roral. I am still an acolyte, At least I recognise that," says Caw.

Ozmar

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
'Silver... what's up with you? Every time something happens that bothers you, you freak out and go crazy. Now granted, being the only female amongst us males probably isn't the most comfortable thing in the world... but even still, you could try and be a little more calm. What's the deal, huh? Why are you so easily set off, especially over the most minute things? If I'm going to have to learn to expect it from you, I'd much rather understand why it's happening. A good soldier is one who trusts and understands his bretheren and thus is more easily able to work with them. So talk to us. What's the deal?'

Roral turns back and looks at Silver.

'Well?'

"Grrrr!" Silver glares at Roral. "I'm fine! At least I know how to move through the woods quietly. Who took down one of those monsters? You needn't worry about me." Silver sets to whatever task will keep her busy with camp preparations, avoiding Roral's gaze.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
'That's it? THAT'S all you have to say?'

Roral shakes his head and sighs.

'Here I am... trying to find out about you... and now you clam up! You weren't this tight-lipped when you were screaming at me when I fell down yesterday. But now I ask you a straight question about yourself and you tell me essentially to mind my own business. Great! Nice working with you too! What... you want me to go first? Fine! Ask me anything you want and I'll be happy to answer.'

He looks around at the rest of the group.

'I think part of this whole thing we're on is that it's a test. How do we get along? How much have we grown? How do we accomplish what needs to get accomplished? All that stuff. And personally... this is one test I don't want to fail... even if I would have rather appeciated a little more information when it was given to me.'

Ozmar

First Post
Silver ignores Roral, and goes over to Caw and speaks quietly with him.

[sblock]
"How are you holding up, Caw? You're weren't hurt back there, were you?" Seeing that he's fine, she continues... "Nevermind Roral. You're doing great. And we're all going to get through this. Together." She casts a sidelong glance at Roral, and then settles down to share the evening meal with Caw.

"So, do you have any theories about what we're caught up in? I mean, with Scarfang and all? I haven't hardly had time to think. I've just been focusing on getting us all to Oalian. Surely he can explain what's been going on?"
[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
"I think that we all just need to learn to accept the quirks of the others," Stulgar says, somewhat directed at Roral, but loud enough so everyone can hear. "It reminds me of an orcish saying, 'Don't sweat the flees, sweat the tiger.'"

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Stulgar said:
"I think that we all just need to learn to accept the quirks of the others."

'That's just it, Stulgar... I'm TRYING to accept the quirks of others! We've been walking for two days now and I still know each of you as much or as little I did when we started this journey! We haven't talked about ourselves at all, and frankly, I'm INTERESTED in what's up with each of you.'

Roral motions to Ranvar...

'Like you, Ranvar. How did you start working with the priest of Balinor in the village? What made you decide to follow in their footsteps? And Umbra... how come you don't talk more? You're always so quiet. And Stulgar... how did you get started working the woods? These are all things that I think we'd be interested in knowing about each other and speaking about. Think of it as "character development".'

Roral shrugs.

'Or if you'd rather just keep silent and not speak at all and remain blank slates to one another... we can walk the next three days with no communication amongst ourselves at all. Oh boy. That'll be fun, won't it? That's a great idea. Why open up to each other and learn about each other when we can walk in absolute silence doing nothing useful whatsoever. Sign me up for that one!'

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"Thought you'd never ask. It was my grandfather. He told me stories of the old days and all of the amazing things he did as a travelling priest of Balinor. He fought against the Silver Flame in the great purge, he helped fight the Daelkyr excursion alongside some Gatekeeper friends he had. He fought in Breland, Thrane, and Cyre. There was his trip to Xen'drick alongside Boromar ir'Dayne...all sorts of exciting stories. One night, I'm asleep and I hear this voice saying to me "Ranvar, I could show you everything I made. You just have to follow me." I thought it was Grandfather, so I went to him and asked where we were going. He said "Fool boy, get back in yer bed!" That happened three or four times: I'd hear the voice, see my grandfather, get whacked on the head, and go back to bed. The last time the voice says "Dang it Ranvar, this ISN'T YOUR GRANDFATHER talking, its BALINOR. Worship me! I was pretty embarassed at mistaking a god's voice for my grandfather's...they sounded very much alike. So, here I am, with my grandfather's holy symbol and the prayers and magics I have learned from him. Handy miracles if you ask me."

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
"If you must know," Stulgar says, "I was raised in the Durgan* tribe near the Darguun border, and learned at a young age to fight for my tribe. The Gatekeeper traditions run deep in the Durgan tribe, and my father was something of a hero among them. We moved Redstone Spring after the war for my father was weary of the constant fighting near the Droaam boarder."

Stulgar motions to his ornate and unique double axe. "That was gifted to my father by Farl Kul’Tar durring the war, and has been gifted to me now. I am a warrior, and will follow in the Gatekeeper traditions as I have been taught."

*[sblock]The Durgan tribe was originally a druidic tribe consisting of Orcs of the Gatekeeper tradition. During the extreme persecution of the shifters by the church of the Silver Flame, the tribe took refuge to a large number of shifters. The cultures have meshed, as the Gatekeeper Orcs are much more civilized that many of the more common orcs. The tribal chief alternates from an orc to a shifter, and currently the chief is an orc druid by the name of Farl Kul’Tar.[/sblock]

Krug

Newshound
Caw speaks quietly to Silver.
[sblock]
"No I am fine, but if whatever came for Scarfang slew him...I am doubtful of our chances. But we must try, must we not?" he says, glad for the company and the conversation.
[/sblock]

Ozmar

First Post
Krug said:
Caw speaks quietly to Silver.
[sblock]
"No I am fine, but if whatever came for Scarfang slew him...I am doubtful of our chances. But we must try, must we not?" he says, glad for the company and the conversation.
[/sblock]
Silver to Caw...

[sblock]
"No fear. Scarfang's tough. He'll make do. Why, if worst came to worst, he could turn into a bird and fly away. Maybe that's why he sent us off, so he wouldn't have to defend us, and would be free to deal with the situation. He'll probably be waiting for us when we get to Oalian's Grove."
[/sblock]

Remove ads