Tales of the eldeen reaches

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Roral nods his head to both Stulgar and Ranvar.

'So both of you have familial ties to the Gatekeepers, huh? Well that makes sense then that you would be brought upon this mission for Scarfang. You've both been more accepting of some of the things that have been asked of us thus far, and I'm guessing it's because you've probably grown up learning about what the Gatekeepers have stood and fought for. I wish I had your backgrounds... perhaps I wouldn't question so much what we're doing out here if I had a better understanding of exactly how the Gatekeepers handle their business.' He guffahs to himself. 'Becuase thus far... this has been the least informative battle plan I've ever studied or been a part of before. Heh heh! Must be a Gatekeeper tradition!' He grins at both of them.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Ranvar smiles and laughs lightly at Roral's comment about the operation.

"Ties to the Gatekeepers? That might be exaggerating. I know stories of the Gatekeepers and their wars against the demons from deep below the earth. They are grim and brave and if the sacrifice of 100 Gatekeepers will seal a great evil away for ever, then the sacrifice is made. If it takes 200? Then 200 will make the sacrifice and another hundred will mourn them. That is what my Grandfather Craggin always told me, anyway. I think, friend Roral, you are making a mistake thinking of this as an operation like one might find in an army or a militia. This is no operation, this is a STORY, and we have been thrown into the middle, or possibly the beginning or end of it? We shall see. What we should do is our best, and ensure that when the time comes for our story to be told, there is something to tell!"

Ozmar

First Post
Silver to Caw...

[sblock]
Silver rolls her eyes. "Moons! Have you ever heard such nonsense? Why on earth did Scarfang send us out her with them? One imagines he's a military general, and the other thinks we're in some grand tale."
[/sblock]

Silver's voice rises to be heard by all. "If we weren't in such danger, it would be funny."

DrZombie

First Post
Night settles down over the encampment. After the somewhat heated discussion everyone settles down and tries to sleep.

With the stars and the moon all shining brightly Ranvar has no troubles noticing some dark shapes emerging at the foot of the little hill. They seem to be like the same grotesque beasts that attacked them earlier. One of them has an animal on a leash, which paws a the ground and sniffles eagerly.

They split up and start to encircle the little hill.

OOC : the top of the hill(where you are ) is about 150 ft from the edge of the forest (where they are) Inbetween is some sparse growth, not enough for total cover.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Ranvar sits bolt upright upon seeing the shadowy creatures.

"Roral, wake Silver and Caw. We have company."

Ranvar then picks up his shield and weapon, moves over to Umbra and Stulgar, and wakes them up.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ranvar said:
"Roral, wake Silver and Caw. We have company."

Roral squints into the darkness and tries to get a view of the creatures at the base of the hill. He quickly moves over to Silver and Caw and shakes them awake.

'Pssst! Wake up! Time to fight again.'

Roral reaches over his back and takes out his shortbow and then nocks an arrow. He moves around the top of the hill and tries to track one of the creatures circling along the base.

'As soon as everyone's awake and ready, give the signal and let's take this fight to them this time!'

Roral is Readying an action to fire his bow as soon as he sees a creature break through the treeline advancing towards the them.

((Shortbow [14] + 1 = 15)) / ((Dmg [3]))

Ozmar

First Post
Silver awakes easily, rolls over into a crouch, axe in hand.

Quietly, she asks "how many, where?" She looks about the campsite to see who is still asleep and then moves over to wake them.

OOC: Move Silently +2, Spot +2, Listen +4

(If possible, she "shifts", and her eyes grow wide and shine with the moonlight. She then has Spot +3 and Listen +5. (I don't know if this is the "next day" for her shifting ability or not.))

DrZombie

First Post
OOC : nope, no new day for shifting or spells or whatever :D Initiative evryone. You've got a partial action as a surprise round kinda thingie, but I assume you've all got our weapons ready and your position chosen.

The group tenses as everyone quietly takes their weapons and readies for the attack.

Remove ads