• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tales of the eldeen reaches

Bront

The man with the probe
"You'll know it's a signal for you if you listen." Stulgar says as he takes his place in this formation.

DrZombie

First Post
As the afternoon weasr out you start looking for a place to make camp. A slight rise with a few bramlebushes around it seems to be a good spot. Traces of an old fire show that someone shared that opinion. You estimate that it would be another half hour untill dark.

Bront

The man with the probe
"I think our previous watch rotation worked fine, so I think we should stick to it." Stulgar suggests. "I'll gather some firewood."

Stulgar sets about gathering some wood, though he tries to stay within eyesite or earshot of the camp.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Stulgar said:
"I think our previous watch rotation worked fine, so I think we should stick to it."

Roral nods at Stulgar. 'Sounds good to me.'

He takes off his helmet and gauntlets, lays out his pack, sets up his bedroll so he won't have to do it in the dead of the night. As Stulgar brings the wood in from the surrounding areas, Roral helps get the fire started. He then stands watch at the top of the rise and looks out in both directions.

'We'll be reaching the spring soon, right? Then it's into stealth mode and we go looking for this Great Druid. Do any of you happen to know where this Druid actually is, by any chance?'

Ozmar

First Post
OOC: Do we know where the Great Druid is? I mean, we're talking about Oalian, the Greatpine, right? He pretty much is always in the same spot, I would imagine. /OOC

Silver will busy herself with camp preparations, including making sure that her equipment is stowed and ready for a rapid departure. If the weather is sufficiently warm, she'll forgo any bedroll and simply sleep in her cloak tonight. She wants to be ready to flee if necessary.

"No fire," she says, "we don't want it to be obvious that we want to be tracked."

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"Even if we are not exactly sure of the great druid's location, if we can get close, I may be able to find an animal who can direct us to him. Ask directions..."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Silver said:
"No fire, we don't want it to be obvious that we want to be tracked."

Roral tilts his head quizzically to her for a moment, but says nothing.

Ranvar said:
"Even if we are not exactly sure of the great druid's location, if we can get close, I may be able to find an animal who can direct us to him. Ask directions..."

'You can do that? Huh! Interesting! That'll actually be useful, especially if we don't know from which direction we should leave the spring when we get there.' Roral smiles for what seems like the first time on this trip. 'Now I actually don't feel as pessimistic about our journey as I had been.'

DrZombie

First Post
OOC The great druid resides in Greenheart, the capital of the Eldeen reaches, in the middle of the forest. Fromyour village it's a seven day trek. From where you're heading, it'll be nine or ten days. The stream is about a day ahead, then follow it to it's origin? About two days, you don't really know. Then you'll have to head south towards greenheart.

Ozmar

First Post
ShaggySpellsword said:

"Talk to animals? OK, 'Master Druid'. I didn't know you were the type." Silver attempts to throw a humorous comment into the conversation, but her frustration and fear is revealed in her voice. "Anyway... how hard can it be to find the Great Druid? Everyone knows where his grove is."

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"Balinor grants me limited ability to communicate with his creations. I've only used it once or twice. Most animals are frustrating to speak with. Like you say, most everyone knows where the Great Druid resides, animals, however, won't be able to repeat that we've asked after the fact."

Remove ads