D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

TallIan

Explorer
OOC: Just a nudge for [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] to post actions. I know people have gotten confused with my group initiative variant, after the initial round it gets easier as all players go then all monsters go.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Dessarin/Red Larch
Day 7/Morning
Round 3

Errol moved closer again. Duran needed some help, so he steadied his crossbow to aim at one of the men attacking the bear.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: To F22
Action: Crossbow attack R3
Heavy crossbow attack and damage: 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12
1D10+4 = [8]+4 = 12

Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Bolts used: 2
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 2
AC: 16
HP: 36/36+6 thp HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (3/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 22
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Edited because of some party reactions: Due to the problems with Taptalk last time, check that you can read the whole thing where I've asked for Round 4 actions. Edited text in italics.

Round 3

J.V. moves towards the melee, shooting an arrow that goes wide. Errol also moves closer, loosing a bolt at the fleeing bandit that finds it's way through the poor leather and drops him. The great bear snaps at the injured reaver, ripping him open and leaving him dead. A great paw swipes at the next one but misses. It proves a useful distraction allowing Illvilious to move up behind him and crack him his staff before landing a solid kick, somehow the reaver is still standing. Nariah, Moves towards the priest and summons her fey powers to illuminate his real form, making his blury outline useless.

One of the reaver's turns to meet this new threat, cursing loudly. The distraction allows the great bear to land a heavy paw and finish him off though. . The other reaver continues to hack at the bear with no effect. The two bandits near the priest loose arrows at Illvilious who deftly blocks the first one. "Filthy witch!" Curses the priest, his outline becomes firm once again just as sudden freezing rain whips up from nowhere.

GM:
Initiative:
Group A:
Illvilious, Nariah, Duran
Group B:
Priest, Bandits, Reavers
Group C:
Errol, J.V.

[SBLOCK=Rolls and notes]
Priests Dex save vs Faery Fire: 1D20 = [4] = 4
Failed
[-]R2 attack and damage on Illvilious: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20
1D8+1D6+2 = [8]+[6]+2 = 16[/-]
R2 gets killed by Duran's sentinel AoO when he attacks Illvilious

R3 attack and damage on Duran: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11
1D8+1D6+2 = [2]+[4]+2 = 8

Bandit attack and damage on Illvilious: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17
1D8+1 = [3]+1 = 4

Bandit attack and damage on Illvilious: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21
1D8+1 = [5]+1 = 6

The priest casts Sleet Storm: Dex save or fall prone and concentration checks if required, when you start your turn or enter the area marked in grey.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Conditions]
Ilvillious 19/27 Death Save:
Nariah 23+6/23 concentration on hex
Duran 16/34 Bear form
Erol 36+6/36
J.V. 27+6/27

[-]L1: 0/11[/-]
[-]L2: 0/11[/-]
T1: 11/11
T2: 11/11
[-]B: 0/11[/-]
[-]R1: 0/22[/-]
[-]R2: 0/22[/-]
R3: 22/22
P: 52/52; 111-/22-/--; Concentration on Sleet Storm 10/10

[/SBLOCK]
View attachment Map1d.pdf
everyone can post actions for round four.

Last edited:

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
Ok, ouch!
As noted the post for his turn, Ilvellios is using deflect missiles as his reaction, reducing the damage by [roll0].
Unfortunately I don't think he can detect both missiles with a single reaction, so that will save him a maximum of 4 hit points.
25 initial hp, 16 reaver damage and 6 from the second bandit places him on 3hp, I believe.

Ilvellios couldn't help letting out a cry as the Reaver slashed at him. Somehow he was still able to bat away the first arrow that came at him, but the second got past his guard and cut his ribs.

Keeping a careful eye on the Reaver, and hoping that Duran would keep him occupied, Ilvellios pulled out a healing potion and quaffed it. Then he tried again to duck and weave, ready to deflect any more arrows that came his way..

OOC:
Action: drink potion
[roll1]

Bonus action: Dodge action
Ki: 2/4
Reaction: Deflect Missiles!

Yavathol

Explorer

OOC:
#&@* !!! :-(
Ok, I think he is now on 7 hit points..

Sleet storm dex save:
[roll]1d20+6[/roll]

[sblock]Ilvellios hp 7/27 thp 0
Str +0(+2 Saves), Dex +4(+6 Saves), Con +1, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Acrobatics +6, Survival +5, Stealth +6, Insight +5, Perception +5
AC 17
Inspiration yes
HD: 4/4
Quarterstaff +6, 1d8+4
Unarmed/Radiant Bolt +6, 1d4+4

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Hold the door! Duran gets a AoO against anyone attacking a ally in melee when he is present! This happens before the attack resolves. Ill save you!
[roll0]
[roll1]

Duran swings at the Reaver attacking his ally before following up with his full beastial fury.

OOC:
Action:multi attack
[roll2]
[roll3]

[Roll=claw[/roll]1d20+4[/roll]
[roll4]

Sorry I can't see the map unless I'm at home

Yavathol

Explorer

A strange shudder made Ilvellios feel like someone had walked over his grave. Shaking it off, and leaving the other Reaver to Duran, he charged off in the direction of the ranged bandits, just managing to close with the first. Swinging his staff, he kept his defensive posture up, aware that he was slightly exposed..

OOC:
Yay! Thank goodness for Duran:)
Move: 45 feet to base T1
Action:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Bonus action: Dodge, using 1 Ki

Reaction: Deflect Arrows

[sblock]Ilvellios hp 19/27 thp 0
Str +0(+2 Saves), Dex +4(+6 Saves), Con +1, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Acrobatics +6, Survival +5, Stealth +6, Insight +5, Perception +5
AC 17
Inspiration yes
HD: 4/4
Quarterstaff +6, 1d8+4
Unarmed/Radiant Bolt +6, 1d4+4

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]

Remove ads