• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Midday

“Well, we already know something strange is occuring, so who knows what the philosophy of this place really is,” Errol told Ilvellios. “It couldn’t hurt to keep our eyes open, in any case. A stablehand might know who was out recently on their flying mounts, and might be more willing to talk than Thurm, at least in private. We could see if any of the mounts were wounded, as well, if they were involved in the attack on the Mirabar delegation.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
Superiority Dice: 4/4 @ d8 (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 40/40
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Midday

“Perhaps…” Errol mused at JV’s suggestion to talk to Savra. “She seems...scared, though. We do not wish to cause attention to come to her that might lead her into trouble. It might be good, though, to determine if she is going on this hunt. It might be the best opportunity to get her out and away from here most easily.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Errol Dax
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
GM: So it looks like you are going to try and trick a stable hand into giving away information by appearing as one of the knights using the clothing and armour you got at the ambush site.

So far you have used about an hour - so the feast will begin in about 2 hours.

If that is the case can I get a disguise roll to create the false knight - this can be done by anyone and has advantage from being helped. The time you spend on it will affect the DC, the longer time the lower DC, but this gives you less time with the stable hand.

And then a deception roll from whoever is going to chat up the stable hand - I'll set the DC of this depending on the roll from the disguise.

Let me know if you want to talk to Savra, but keep in mind that she is unwilling to talk in front of other Spire residents.

Thateous

Explorer
OOC: I just wanted to fast talk a stable hand into revealing too much. Faking a knight in there home base sounds like a bad idea imo. Also planned on holding a mental conversation with Savra to keep her out of trouble.

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC: Sounds like a good plan. Ilvellios will help as best he can, probably by keeping an eye out so that the others don't get interrupted:)

TallIan

Explorer
GM: Ok, slightly more realistic goals. Sorry for the delay in posting this, with Azurewraith joining I thought this would be a good place to introduce him.

As you make your way back to the stable level, you hear some banter from some servants. Frindly calls of "new guy" and "old man" suggest that they have elected someone to go and clean out the stables. As you continue down the staircase, you pass a knight heading up who you recognise as the knight form the stables.

When you reach the stables you see an old man cleaning harnesses and getting things ready for an excursion. JV notices a woven grass string tied just so that identifies him as a member of the Emerald Enclave. He introduces himself as Duran.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Midday

“Good afternoon, Duran. I am Errol Dax.” The dark-haired man offered his hand. He noted the work and said, “This hunt sounds like a big event. Must be a lot of work to prepare for. Are the mounts all healthy? We have been invited to the hunt, but I have little experience on flying mounts. It would put my mind at ease if you could run us through what to expect.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Errol Dax
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
GM: I'll have to intervene slightly here as azurewraith doesn't have all the info. I'll let him RP his own intro, but the answers to your questions are:

The hunt has been planned for some time, they have been tracking the manticor for months. They know it's lair is somewhere in the Sighing Valley.

All the mounts currently in the stable are fit and healthy, though some do occasionally come back with battle wounds. The knights are very protective of them. Minor wounds are kept here to heal while mire serious wounds are taken back to Waterdeep.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads