Targeted Areas

Rystil Arden

First Post
rgordona said:
The above ties in very well with my thinking. If you are in a real bind surrounded by enemies you can go for a targeted area attack, and if you roll a 20 stun everyone.

Unfortunatly I don't think that seperate attack rolls works either because then you are letting the averages work for you, I have 10 valid targets so I am reasonably likely to critical at least one of them.

This is a great shame because I think Targeted area is a great way of moddeling a speedster who runs around in a circle slapping everyone he passes, among other things.
To be fair, specifically in a Supers game, if you expect to roll 20 on at least one opponent on average by rolling a whole bunch of different dice, you must be fighting minions. One other way to partially fix the bug is to disallow criticals (make 20 an automatic hit and 1 an automatic miss and nothing more, much like for the Saving Throws it is replacing). That's still very all-or-nothing and thus a major possible imbalance, but much less so than when the Crit is involved.

Remove ads