Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

thegreyman

First Post
ooc: Everything I've ever heard of says that characters can tag along and not earn XP. Granted, that just means that we can't finish a quest or get into combat which hopefully won't happen for a little while. So pull up a set of feet and run after us!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
actually we can get into combat, i just wont get any xp for it...i think i may need to re send a request for approval to the judges again...havn't hear fromt any except orsal

Trouvere

Explorer
"...S is for stealthiness; T is for triumph, magnanimity in; U is for unselfishness; V is for vainglory, total lack of; W is for wonder, childlike sense of, and many other things; X is for, um, extensive experience in exhortation; Y is for young women, comforting but not taking advantage of, er, of; and Z is for zeal and zest in everything he does. That, Galwynn, is a partial list of the good qualities of Keldar Warbray." So says the young human man who has just burst through the door as he crosses the room to the table where the gnome wizard sits.

"Findus! We're back, with news," he calls.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn enters a few moments later, lookind bedraggled and tired, as if he's been on the road for days. "Joe, I need a drink. Two. No, three."

He then walks over to an unnamed patron, and drops more than a few silvers in the man's palm. "Could you head down to Edwyd's Victual's for me, and pick up a meat pie or something? The silver is for you; just tell him Galwynn sent you, and he'll send the pies on over. Listening to nonsense makes a man hungry.

And you better hurry,"
Galwynn says, glancing over at Keldar nervously. "He's bound to start singing any moment now."

Wik

First Post
"That shovel was made by tomb-raiders, and we're supposed to talk to some architects about.... I don't know. My eyes glazed over when Tommy started to get excited. Don't tell him I said that." Galwynn says, looking over his shoulder.

Trouvere

Explorer
"A group of tomb-raiders from Fallon with a particular name - the Archaeologists - who were supposed to have been in their own tombs for a hundred years, re-formed and active again. But the seal on the shovel is a bad copy of their original sign, which was marks of various noble houses overlaid on one another. I think that's all the important bits. Volidar Stormblade told us."

Keldar's eyes gleam. "I sang a little song of my own composing - to break the ice and get him on our side, you see, and he played and la-la-la'ed along. What a splendid day! Keldar Warbray performing with Volidar Stormblade! His reputation will have altered immeasurably."

"Oh. I've been doing a bit of research of my own, and I've realised that gnomes are indeed not the product of unions between dwarves and humans, so, er, sorry about that. I don't know where I could have got that idea from."

covaithe

Explorer
"Er, wasn't the architects' guild supposed to be that way?" Tommy says, craning his head over his shoulder as he walks in, nearly colliding with a table. Fortunately one of the staff notices and gently steers him towards Keldar and Galwynn before he can cause any damage.

[sblock=ooc]
Keldar said:
I've been doing a bit of research of my own...
The mind boggles. :) [/sblock]

jaker2003

Explorer
Into the Red Dragon Inn walks a tower of muscle that can easily be identified as an orc. He is big, with a greatsword and longbow on his back while a quiver of arrows and a shortsword rest on his hips. There are scars all along his arms, but the word 'TANK' is scarred on his left forearm in Common.
The orc ignores the other patrons and walks confidently to the bar where he spits "Tankard" in the common tongue. After the bartender whispers to him, the orc replies, "It's my name and my request."
The orc recieves a large mug and after a few deep drinks of his beverage, the orc turns to face the room. "I'm a mercenary, and I'm looking for work!"

Trouvere

Explorer
covaithe said:
"Er, wasn't the architects' guild supposed to be that way?" Tommy says, craning his head over his shoulder as he walks in, nearly colliding with a table. Fortunately one of the staff notices and gently steers him towards Keldar and Galwynn before he can cause any damage.
"Galwynn wants pie," says Keldar, shrugging. He digs through his backpack, pulls out a small battered leatherbound book, and buries his nose in it.

Remove ads