[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Animal

First Post
Krad bobs his head indignantly and glares down at the uninvited hairy company. But what mischievious halflings did not account for, was the bird-like anatomy of tengu's skull. His keen eyes, settled on the sides of his head, had a much wider arc of sight, than that of a human and he could keep an eye on both of them at the same time."My best friend is right here." He pats the hilt of his sword fondly. "And you're going to get acquainted with him if you're up for any monkey business here." As Morry climbs up the chair, Krad bends down briskly and grabs the chair's leg. He then shakes it vigorously a few times, trying to shake off the unwanted guest. "You don't look like businessmen or mercenaries, more like two brats looking for trouble. Better go find yourself another table to pester people at."
As for his blade - it is almost twice the height of a halfling, but seems to be surprisingly light and elegant. Probably elven craft. Well maintained but rather worn. The hilt is shaped as a simple cross and the whole blade lacks any distinct ornaments or adornments.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
NPCs, Morry and Poppin

OOC: Where are Krad's companions?

Morry only wobbles for a brief moment, hopping off the chair to keep from tumbling on his arse. "Hey bird brain, dat's not so nice! We are great and famous adventurers, I'll have you know."

Morry.jpg

Poppin isn't deterred by the threat either, since he knows Grog (see NPC section on the Wiki) would likely beat the stuffing out of any young adventurer that drew steel in anger in the Dunn Wright Inn.
Poppin.jpg

When the Tengu leans forward, Poppin uses the distraction to try and lift his coin purse, but fails.

Last edited:

Animal

First Post
OOC: I have no idea.

After shaking off Morry from the chair, Krad croaks contentedly and waves the pair off. "Adventurers.. hrrrh.. Why don't you go adventuring now. Or i'll have that big fellow remove you from my table." He nods to Grog, his beady eyes glint menacingly.
He actually has no coin purse on him. The two gold coins he got left after his shopping spree are hidden elsewhere on his person.

Songdragon

Explorer
A figure enters the establishment dressed in a full length hooded grey cloak. Across the figure's back rest two notable weapons; a composite bow of fine make made of some blackened wood and a large curved weapon of masterwork quality. The figure walks with confidence towards a table and puts her back towards a wall.

As the hood is removed a woman with long auburn hair with a tanned complexion. As she looks to the tengu there is a nod of one professional to another. She orders a mug of ale and a plate of fruit and vegetables.

She eyes the wee figures that Krad is looking at with a wary gaze.

[sblock=Therella (Available for Adventure)]Half-Elf Ranger 1 / Cleric 1
Initiative: +4 Perception: +9
Conditions: none
AC: 18 (12 touch; 16 flat-footed)
HP: 20 of 20
CMB: +4 CMD: 15 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +4
In Hand: none[/sblock]

((And Zelena (who is also awaiting GE's mod) is not likely back for a day or two... not sure how tavern time works, but it does not seem to advance as fast as normal or adventure time :)))

perrinmiller

Adventurer
NPCs, Morry and Poppin

Morry gets indignant and his voice gets even more obnoxiously squeaky. "Yeah, we are adventurers. Yur tiny brain havin' trouble gettin' that registered? And Grog, he don't scare us. He be clumsy and slow."

Morry.jpg

Poppin is not discouraged at not finding any pouches or money. He makes a play for the dagger.
Poppin.jpg

OOC: Where's Krad's backpack?

Animal

First Post
OOC: his backpack hung on the chair's back, his dagger tucked under his belt

Krad returns the nod to Therella, apparently pleased to see her. But as he opens his beak to greet her, he notices halfling's fingers on his trophy dagger. Instantly seizing the little thief by the hand, birdman jumps on his feet croaking angrily "Crime! Roguery!" He raises his hand to backhand the little rogue.

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
At Krad's sudden outburst the woman is on her feet. Her hands seem as ready to grasp one of her weapons as much as ready to pummel someone should the need require. Therella's eyes dart about the scene waiting for what might happen next...

perrinmiller

Adventurer
NPCs, Morry and Poppin

Morry calls out, "Knave! Put him down! He didn't do nuthin'!" He moves around the table and chair to get on the other side of the Tengu.

Morry.jpg

Poppin tries to do some fast talking, "Hey, leggo! I dun no such thing. I was just lookin' at it."
Poppin.jpg

The little bugger puts his arms up over his face to protect it from the blow.

OOC: You need to do a Grapple roll to grab a hold of him actually.
That's a Bluff of 21. I did not apply any Circumstance modifiers for the lies' likelihood or Krad's being impaired from drinking, figuring they are a wash.

Last edited:

Remove ads