• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Animal

First Post
OOC: added grapple roll to my previous post

The tengu turns around, to not let Morry crouch on him from behind and just shoves Poppin forward to his buddy. "No more fooling around. I don't like you, i don't want you at my table, get lost or i'll beat you up."

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago (level 1 half-orc alchemist, awating approval)

A young half-orc enters the bar. He is not large by the standards of his race, though his features are bestial, featuring an upturned nose and a mouth full of wide, mis-shapen teeth. But his face and head are clean-shaven, and he is dressed in a worn but meticulously clean long coat. The pockets of the coat are overflowing with glass vials, full of strange, brightly colored liquids.

The newcomer glances at the fracas between the two halflings and the tengu. He slips over to the bar, seeming reluctant to become involved but keeping a wary eye as the scene plays out.

Songdragon

Explorer
As the one halfling moves to the other side of the tengu the woman has an idea and cracks a smile... She utters the words for an orison spell and the halfling (Morry) is doused in water appearing right above him.

"Leave now, or there will be consequences that I am sure you and your friend will not enjoy. I believe in some cultures, punishment for theft is the removal of a hand." the woman states in a flat and very threatening tone.

((Spell: Create Water: 2 gallons, Intimidate 1d20+4=21 ))

perrinmiller

Adventurer
NPCs, Morry and Poppin

Drenched, Morry sputters and ducks under the table, scurrying away scared for the moment.

Morry.jpg

Poppin swipes something from the table next to Krad's and moves under it and out the other side. He flings the piece of fruit, a now slightly bruised peach with one bite out of it, at the woman who doesn't mind her own business. He ducks under another table out of sight.
Poppin.jpg

The peach (ranged touch) impacts on the female ranger's face with a splat of squishy and sticky pulp.

Last edited:

Animal

First Post
Krad watches the halflings disappear and sits down again. He glares at Therella with his left eye and croaks: "Grand trick. You never told me you could do magic."

Songdragon

Explorer
Therella approaches the bar and grabs up a towel to clean herself with. She looks to the barkeep, "Have the vermin removed, or it will be known to all travelers that the Dunn Wright Inn is host to those that rob its customers and unfit to stay in."

She then looks to the table the halflings are attempting to hide under, "Leave, do not return, or I will be sure the authorities deal with you for theft and assault."

The half-elf turns to Krad, "Since our adventure together I have communed with the Mother Earth, and have been granted several boons from her for my reverence and service."

She casts an eye over to the halflings...

[sblock=Therella's Status]Half-Elf Ranger 1/ Cleric 1
Initiative: +4 Perception: +9
Conditions: none
AC: 18 (12 touch; 16 flat-footed)
HP: 20 of 20
CMB: +4 CMD: 15 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +4
In Hand: none
Spells: Divine (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Stablize; (1st level) Bless, Divine Favor, entangle(d) (color notes a cast spell)
Channeling: 3 of 3 attempts remaining; Predator's Grace: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Wooden Fist 5 of 5 attempts remaining[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
NPC, Grog the Bartender, Retired half-orc fighter

OOC: Unless you roll Perception checks you don't notice or see anything. :p

Grog unsympathetically holds a towel out for half-elf female to wipe her face. During which, the two halflings are gone from view, successfully sneaking away. Therella appears to be talking to no one except some grizzled dwarves playing dice at the table the halfling's ducked under. The dwarves ignore the half-elf with a bee in her bonnet, assuming she is either off her rocker or having her moon time, and return to rolling dice.

Bartender.jpg

"Lass, did ya seen robb'ry dun?" The half-orc spits into the mug he is holding and subsequently cleans up the offending spot that needed extra spit and polish.

"Befowr ya be throwin' round ackuzashuns, ya best be not be trying ta intimidate da otha patrons neither. Behave yaself or I toss ya out on ya pointed ears."

Grog has only seen Therella yell at someone after starting a food fight, so he thinks she got what she deserved with a peach to the face. He fills the mug with ale and hands it off to the waiting patron just a bit farther down the bar.

Animal

First Post
Krad welcomes Therella at his table, casting a few dirty looks at the bartender. "Don't bother. I bet he gets his share from every dime the little bustards steal. They seem to frequent this bar and if they're still tolerated here, they must have some kind of an agreement." He glances around, making sure the thieves don't come back.

Songdragon

Explorer
(( Therella would have seen the attempted theft of the dagger automatically... perception minimum is a 10... Perception to find stealthed halflings 1d20+9=12 ))

The woman looks down under the table to see that the two wee ones are gone and rolls her eyes. She looks to the bartender and comments, "For tying to take the Tengu's dagger, I did indeed. The fruit in the face, yes." She then shrugs and puts her hands out as she continues, "Do as you wish with that. I am sure those two will get what is coming to them."

She turns to Krad and merely shrugs at the bartender being in on the take, "Perhaps it is time to find a more suitable establishment to relax within."

[sblock=OOC]Will bring this up in the LPF forums... the idea of expanding the free forum RP outside of the Dunn Wright. It does get old to have a majority of adventures from a bar. Not to mention rather cliche. ;)

Wish I could make my 3rd character concept... halfling rogue (investigator) with the thought of adding paladin! :D
[/sblock]
[sblock=Therella's Status]Half-Elf Ranger 1/ Cleric 1
Initiative: +4 Perception: +9
Conditions: none
AC: 18 (12 touch; 16 flat-footed)
HP: 20 of 20
CMB: +4 CMD: 15 Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +4
In Hand: none
Spells: Divine (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Stablize; (1st level) Bless, Divine Favor, entangle(d) (color notes a cast spell)
Channeling: 3 of 3 attempts remaining; Predator's Grace: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Wooden Fist 5 of 5 attempts remaining[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
(( Therella would have seen the attempted theft of the dagger automatically... perception minimum is a 10... Perception to find stealthed halflings 1d20+9=12 ))
Actually the DC was 15. Therella wasn't even present during the first attempt with DC9. Taking into account some distance (10ft or more) probably at least a -1 penalty too. So applying the rolled Perception check against the Sleight of Hand, it fails.[/sblock]

Remove ads