• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jbear

First Post
Relic closes his book as the scroll is held out towards him. Before he takes it he lets out an almost mournful sigh. "And so it begins" he mumbles snatching the scroll, opening and holding it at a distance as though it were a venomous snake. "The paper and the scribbles is an invitation, Daylilly. From someone who pretends to know us well but evidently does not. The request that I try to clean you and curb your manners for this party they want to invite us to..." The shabby old man's eye's wrinkle with the briefest flash of amusement before the heavy worry returns to his face. "But this invitation ... What I mean to say is ... Daylilly, you should ..." Relic's eyes seem to glaze and he pushes himself to his feet tucking away the scroll given to him as he does so. He picks up the tome he was reading before and stows it away. "What was I saying ... err ... hmmm ... ummmm..." At which point his eyes finally refocus on those who had given the latest invitations. "Ah, yes. Your party. I must attend of course. But tell your master that Daylilly has no master and if you want us at your little shindig then it will be as we are. I am ready ... I am... am I?" Relic stares off into space.

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

The Daylily odor crisis averted, Charity hangs out at the other end of the bar. Her eyes scan the inn, almost as if looking for something as she nurses her drink.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

~ At Table with Daylily, Bren, Aradra, et all ~

Swash1.jpg

Borric nods and keeps breathing out of his mouth to keep from taking in the full effects of the elven warrior.

He looks across at Fury, "Ya could be right there, mate. Though, if there are some buxom lasses..."

"Ha, I have an idea! We can bring along our own whores for the trip. We don't have the wee lass to wraggle her finger at us disapprovingly anymore. So why not bring the party favors for ourselves and make a grand thing out of it?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge

Current Weapon in Hand: Mwk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Daylily_150.jpg

Seeing Relic's state of mind, a look of concern passes over Daylily's face. He puts the half-empty bottle down, pushes it to the side of the table, and straightens up in his chair. "So Clan of Falshenaya is not owe anythings to this person. And ancient name of Daylily is not owe anythings to this person, eithers. Both is true understandings, yes? Then I am think this person can take the little papers, and fold until it makes pointy corner, and then pushing it into his lower hole. But Falshenaya and Daylily are both name that must respect Elder. So where you is going, I is also going, Elder." He sneers at the invitation. "Tell me to use bath and wear cloth ... I am insult. Next he say to eat foods with fork and sleep on bag of feathers."

Systole

First Post
LTL_150.jpg

The door opens and a well-muscled young man in loose-fitting yellow silk steps through the door. He carries a blue quarterstaff in one hand, and the salt spray on his clothes indicates that he has newly arrived off of a ship. He looks around the tavern in wonder, with a huge smile plastered across his face. His gaze comes to a dead stop when he spies Thuvian, however. After a moment, he collects himself and cautiously steps forward to get the tiefling's attention. "A thousand and eight pardons, sir, but one might say that you have the look of a wizard about you. Might one inquire where one could go if he wished to study the arcane arts in this city?" He becomes aware of the others looking at him. "Ah! A thousand and eight pardons once more. One apologizes for failing to introduce oneself. I am humbly known as Lai Tai Liu, formerly of the Monastery of Thirty-Six Ascensions." He bows deeply from the waist.

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra also has a look of concern on his face at Relic's odd behavior. However, Aradra knows he has some things to do before departing on the marrow.

Looking around at Borric "I know Daylily refuses to use a horse, so I will need to prepare myself to keep up with him. That is the only reason I said I would walk. Daylily would sprint ahead, and when we catch up with him the first time he would sprint ahead again, then when we met him the second time we rested for the night. While it was only a day and a half travel that time, as long as the weather holds it will take at least 3 days. That being said, I too need to get some nicer clothing. "

With a small sigh, Aradra stands up from the table. The wolf underneath the table slinks around the new arrival, and the pair leave to head for the Pearl to buy nicer clothes.

[sblock=OOC]
Once Aradra gets his shopping done I'll start posting in the game thread.
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

The red haired woman takes notice of Lai Tai's address to the room in general. Stepping away from the bar a few feet, she greets him, "Greetings, Lai Tai Liu. Feel free to stop by for a spell..." she pauses, thinking, "After... you've taken care of business. Of course." She gestures vaguely at the unfamiliar man Lai Tai first addressed.

Leaning back against the bar, Charity takes another sip of her drink and swirls it around in the tankard.

WindCrystal

First Post
~ At Kaedyn's Table ~

After listening to the briefing given on the monster's abilities, he states with little concern, "Sounds like a pain and potentially life ruining, but you know as they say.. if it bleeds, we can kill it." He looks into his cup and sets it down, "I wouldn't mind having a barghest head of my own, nicely stuck to this pole I carry around with me. I've been needing a good conversation piece for this tavern."

Satin Knights

First Post
"That was lucky, I don't have to search for you after all." Handing Kalinn her invitation.

"Cutheleon is a small city, but they do have several inns that are ready to receive guests for this event. All the amenities that you desire should be available. As to us, squire Johan and squire Kerramon."

When Borric offers to take Sylvain's invitation, the squires pause a second, looking at each other, and then hand it over. "I knew we should have tried searching more brothels."

"I assure you Mr. Furioso, we try to make sure this is a most joyous occasion. Sure, the ceremony is long and a bit boring for those not of the faith, but the revelry of the feasts to follow will surely brighten your life. The importance of this event is only surpassed by the crowning of kings. When by chance was the last time you spoke to a king?" he says with a smirky smile.

In a rebuttal to Relic's statement, "Guests will be seated at the ceremony according to presentation and social status. How the warrior Daylily presents him self will greatly determine how he is treated." After Daylily's rebuttal, these two are breathing a sigh of relief that they will not be the ones choosing the seating arrangements at the event.

"Mr Hawkins, the invitations are for only those who's names are upon them. While the ladies you may bring are welcome in the inns in Cutheleon, they will not be attending the ceremony. Later celebrations get less formal, but still require a bit of decorum."

"Unless there are any more questions, we have many more invitations to deliver. Enjoy and may peace follow in your footsteps."

Pulling one more invitation out of his book before closing it, the pair retire to the bar. Straightening up to formal attention, Kerramon holds out the invitation to Grog. "We have been told that you do not like attending, but your business has flourished since you did begrudging come last time. Allow your prosperity to flourish again. Old friends and new ones will be attending and an absence such as yours would be surely noticed."

Grog takes the invitation and slips it between a couple of jugs of the gud stuff on the back wall. With a wave of his hand, the two squires gingerly retreat, taking that they had not received an earful of belligerence as an acceptance of his invitation.

[sblock=Kalinn's Invitation]
"The time has come where another must take his place in the inspired duty to protect the land. Come see the holy inauguration of Alton Allbright into the Holy Order of the Sentinels.

In humble reverence, the Holy Order of Sentinels invites you, Kalinn Ari, daughter of the mountains, to witness the inauguration of the latest to join the Thirteen. Guardians of the Realms, Defenders of the Lands, Champions of the Purest Light, the Thirteen have been the first line of defense against all that creeps, crawls and terrorizes the dark.

The inauguration ceremony will commence at sunset on the twenty first day of this moon at Mendikarr's Cathedral in Cutheleon. That is to be followed with three days of feasts and blessings. Formal and dignified attire is required for the ceremony.
Be aware the Mendikarr's Shield requires the last mile of your journey to be upon foot."
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
At Keadyn's table

Thuvian listens quietly as the others speak. "I have heard of such things, but have never seen one. You will need a calm head with the group that goes after it. I suppose I could take a short break from my lab to see to the task of removing this creature. How much time do the others here need to get ready?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads