• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

The mass exodus of the older, seasoned adventurers leaves the young guard alone with a small handful of others. Holding her hands before the lantern light, she produces a crude shadow puppet of some sort of beast on a wall, as if facing her. "Buy someone short, dark and handsome a drink," asks the beast, a falsely-low feminine voice.

Charity feigns surprise, playfully responding to the shadow as if it were real, "Now that would depend on what you would have to drink, wouldn't it?" The young woman takes a breath to continue the next line of her roleplay when she feels the eyes of Marla upon her. A moment of silence passes before Charity wordlessly sits back down on her barstool, looking back over the inn once again.

Lindeloef

First Post
Seeing the shadow play of Charity, Robert wanders over to his former Rat-Slayer companion.

"Didn't know you were a showman in your free Charity. Maybe you should come by my home sometimes and tell some stories to my daughter" Robert says with a smirking "Oh and before I forget, thanks again for treating my rat bite so nicely. No aftereffects happened to me"

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
CharityClose.jpg

"Oh, hey, Robert... nice to see you again." Charity smiles and invites Robert to sit. "Not that I'm any good at shadow puppets. It's just what us kids did to pass time... we didn't have a lot of money." She looks into her half-full tankard before continues, swirling it gently. "Glad to hear you pulled through. No reason to pay for magic when simple knowledge and a healer's kit will get things done. Magic costs hefty coin... I've been to the Pearl enough times to know."

[sblock=ooc]
I assumed you meant to say 'Charity' and not use my Account name in roleplay. Let me know if this is OK.
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
Robert follows the invitation and sits down, putting his mug of milk down.
"So after the last job you surly can afford real puppets now, can't you? You could even entertain the people here at the inn with that and get some coin in return. It's basically like an investment. The amount of healing kits you could afford from this..."
Robert says jokingly.

[sblock=ooc]yep, I meant Charity, I derped....[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]To those waiting for my recruiting character (Charity, Corbin, Robert and (maybe) Sienna) - I apologize for the delay. I've had a few things coming together in RL for a while now, and they've kept me very busy over the weekend and yesterday. I hope to be back to posting full on this week and through the weekdays, but at least the next three weekends are going to be dicey for me.

My hope is to get the recruiting character into the DWI this afternoon/evening.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
CharityClose.jpg

Robert's light-hearted nature elicits an uncomfortable chuckle from the red haired woman. After a short pause, she ventures, "Let's just say I'm not much one for going out of my way to put myself up for mass critique." Holding her hands as if to make another shadow puppet, she continues, "Childhood games are childhood games, although my sister's kids like them."

"Me, I spent my coin in a depressingly familiar way: improved armor, gear, etcetera. Everything I always hated..." Charity abruptly pauses, before continuing, "If your children ever want to see shadow puppets, let me know." She holds her hands before the light, and an image appears on the wall. "Elephant..."

Lindeloef

First Post
"I have only one child, a daughter, as far as I know." Robert laughs "Though by the looks of it, she would love it." Robert pauses for a short moment
"Different topic, why do you seek out such dangerous jobs as dealing with those Giant Rats, if you hate spending Money on improving your gear to take on more dangerous jobs than that? Seems like a loop to me. Or as Heinrich would say 'Teufelskreis'. Why not switch your Glaive with a hammer and be a weapon smith. So you could earn money from an armor, not lose it."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]To those waiting for my recruiting character (Charity, Corbin, Robert and (maybe) Sienna) - I apologize for the delay. I've had a few things coming together in RL for a while now, and they've kept me very busy over the weekend and yesterday. I hope to be back to posting full on this week and through the weekdays, but at least the next three weekends are going to be dicey for me.

My hope is to get the recruiting character into the DWI this afternoon/evening.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]I'm cool with whenever. RL comes before games. Content to chill out in the DWI for now.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
CharityClose.jpg

Charity's eyes wander the inn as she speaks, "Sure isn't the money... that's for sure. Lots of coin, most of it going back into keeping yourself alive. I understand the concept, I just find it... discouraging. But as for why, sometimes the reason feels just as insane as the entire idea of being an 'adventurer'."

Leaning back on the bar, the woman looks at Robert a moment before continuing. "You'll have to forgive me if, for now, I spare myself the embarrassment of elaborating on my, possibly less than well thought, reason." She takes a sip of her tankard and looks up at the ceiling, not focusing on any spot in particular.

Remove ads