• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Charity smiles gently before responding, "No worries, Robert. You said nothing offensive. I'm just a little uncomfortable with whether this whole 'adventure' thing is a good idea or not in the first place, is all."

Aura

Explorer
CharityClose.jpg

Listening to Robert, Charity leans back against the bar, nodding politely and passing the time. She doesn't drink much more, but keeps her tankard at hand the whole time.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Recruiting Post - Silent Tide

[section]
The door from the street flies open, crashing back against the wall behind; a huge figure is momentarily silhouetted in the sunlight that streams in through the opening.

A bear of a man, well over six and a half feet tall and weighing easily 300 pounds or more, strides boldly in and gives a respectful nod to Grog. His booming voice fills the room easily as he proclaims, "I be Parnham Pelligrew, and I be looking for a few folk to take care of a bit o' business for me." He squints a bit as his eyes adjust from the outside light to the dimness of the common room. He looks around, sizing up the remaining patrons. "Well, crap. Not much to choose between here! I thought this was a place to hire talent . . . you've let the place go down a bit Grog!" His easy smile and the booming laugh that follows this unlikely proclamation are infectious, and take all - or at least most - of the sting from his words.

"Still, this shouldn't turn out to be too tough. Any of you louts up for making a bit o' easy coin?"
[/section]

[sblock=Recruiting]This is (at long last) the recruiting for my first/second level adventure, intended for Robert, Charity and Corbin. Never got a response to my PM to Greyn, but the Dame is welcome to come in as well. I'll be putting together the IC thread over the weekend.[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Ah right on time before the awkward silence tunes in." Robert stands up and walks over to the huge man that came in "I could help but overhear you looking for hands to hire. I am curious, what a man of your size could need help with? Surely it could only be something where the hired people end up crawling through tight tunnels."

jkason

First Post
At table with several strangers, Ru stands after the lady of the table storms off. He catches sight of his erstwhile adventure associates as they approach the bear of a man. Rather than interrupt their own potential employment, he simply shoots Robert and Charity a quick nod and smile on his way out.

[sblock=ooc]Officially, the adventure Ru's in was continuing Dunn Wright discussion and has only just now moved to the 'step outside' phase. Just covering the location switch. Have fun, folks![/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
~At the table with Robert and Parnham~ Corbin, male human cleric1

Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg
Ah, interesting, finally someone whose work might accommodate my talents, Corbin thinks as he washes down his remaining spiced mead. He wanders over to the table where Robert is introducing himself to the bear of a man. "Good morrow, fellows. And to you, my good man," Corbin says directly to the large fellow, "or should I address you as Sir, or Lord..." Corbin feels a bit embarrassed. All those years living in a yurt with the halflings, I never learned how to distinguish a nobleman from a common man.

"My name is Corbin Elmentis. While an easy bit of coin is not precisely my desire, if it offers the chance to spread the word of Issolatha and fight for her glory, I will happily be your champion, and present a portion of the rewards as an offering to my goddess."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Ah right on time before the awkward silence tunes in." Robert stands up and walks over to the huge man that came in "I could help but overhear you looking for hands to hire. I am curious, what a man of your size could need help with? Surely it could only be something where the hired people end up crawling through tight tunnels."

[section]
Pelligrew looks at the scarred Ranger for a moment, a dangerous glint in his eye, the unleashes his great belly laugh once more on the commons. "Oh, ho! So there's some 'ere with some spunk in 'em after all! I like you, boyo . . . tight tunnels, indeed!" He shakes his head, his laugh falling into chuckles. "My adventuring days are far behind. I'm a collector still, but now I let others do the hard work for me. I've got a little somethin' I be wanting retrieved for me."
[/section]

View attachment 59349
Ah, interesting, finally someone whose work might accommodate my talents, Corbin thinks as he washes down his remaining spiced mead. He wanders over to the table where Robert is introducing himself to the bear of a man. "Good morrow, fellows. And to you, my good man," Corbin says directly to the large fellow, "or should I address you as Sir, or Lord..." Corbin feels a bit embarrassed. All those years living in a yurt with the halflings, I never learned how to distinguish a nobleman from a common man.

"My name is Corbin Elmentis. While an easy bit of coin is not precisely my desire, if it offers the chance to spread the word of Issolatha and fight for her glory, I will happily be your champion, and present a portion of the rewards as an offering to my goddess."

[section]
He turns to the newcomer. "Pelligrew is fine, Parnham if you like. I be no prissified nobleman. But I do have the resources t' pay those who hire on with me, and if you want t' give a part o' that to your Goddess that's between you and her, but better than fine with me."
[/section]

Aura

Explorer
CharityClose.jpg

Seeing the sudden embark of Kaedyn's group, the young woman notices Ru's gesture and responds with a smile and a hand wave. Whispering a couple sentences as they step out, she then crouches down and sets her half full tankard down on the floor next to the bar.
*tok*

Charity's eyes focus on the mountain-tall man called Pelligrew as she approaches, details manifesting as she steps up to him. She is wearing simple traveler's garb and armed with only a dagger. She greets Pelligrew, "Hello, I'm Charity. What might I retrieve for you, today?"

(Edit: forgot to refresh screen before posting and Pelligrew added information, so changed question to reflect that.)

Last edited:

Remove ads