[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
As Charity approaches Pelligrew breaks off his enthusiastic speech to look her up and down, his gaze admiring.

"Well, aren't you a comely lass? Services, you be offering then? As I was telling these feisty lads, I'm looking for a bit of help. I be needing a small item retrieved for me, so as I can return it to its proper place in my collection. If you be interested, we should take our conversation to a place a bit more . . . private."
[/section]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Charity casually clears a rogue lock of red hair from her face before replying, "Well, thank you for the compliment." She bows her head curtly before continuing, "If you don't wish to broadcast your business across the whole inn, I'd understand that. We can continue in a more secluded spot once you have the people you want for the task."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
Pelligrew looks around the commons, his gaze settling on the quiet Dwarf in the corner. When the object of his study makes no move to rise and join him, the big man looks back to you.

"Right then. Grog, we'll be needing a room." The burly barkeep points with his chin at a door in the back, and Pelligrew gestures you to precede him into the room. He stops briefly at the bar for a word with Grog before following you in.​
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Silent Tide has officially begun. Just post your exits from the commons to the private room and join us in the IC thread (linked just above)!

If you don't mind, check the starting XP/GP I've got listed in the first post - a couple of you have been visiting the Pearl and I'm not sure my numbers are the latest.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Proceeding Pelligrew as indicated, Charity steps into the doorway of the meeting room. "Hunh," she manages as she looks around a moment, then heads inside.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin, male human cleric1

Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg
"Excellent!" Corbin says with excitement in his voice. "It seems I have good comrades and an employer. Praise the Revealer of Secrets for revealing your mission to me!" Corbin gathers his things and follows Peligrew, Charity and Robert to the private room.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

When Pelligrew leaves the commons with his three prospective employees, Kryeprift slides quietly from his chair and slips out the door.​
[/section]

Initiative: +02
AC: 16 (16 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 09/09
Senses: DarkVision (60’)
CMB: +00 CMD: 16
Fort: +03 Reflex: +04 Will: +06
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

The door opens and a young woman with blonde hair and green eyes steps through the door. Her face is smudged with soot, as are her leathers, and a pair of smoked goggles hangs around her neck. On her back is a pack that clinks with delicate alchemical glassware as she walks. She steps up to the bar and slings the heavy pack off her shoulders with a sigh of relief. Grog approaches to take her order."Wut'll yer have?" the half-orc inquires.

"Tea," she replies.

"Wut kind? Got a couple back here..."

"Oh, all of them please. And if you have any aromatic bitters or infused wine, could I have a sample?" Grog looks at her curiously, then shrugs and begins pouring hot water into a series of mugs. He's had stranger requests.

A few minutes later, the young woman is sipping at the five mugs of tea, two glasses of wine, and three shots of bitters with a look of intense concentration. She murmurs to herself as she jots down notes in a book. "Henbane ... marrow root ... elven ivy ..." She takes a second experimental taste. "Graveweed? Is this a crude attempt to induce euphoria? Or were they just trying for a stimulant and compounded it poorly? It might be interesting to adjust the ratio ..."

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

The door opens gently, and the doorway is darkened once more by the shadow of an overlarge fellow. The half-orc who slides in as the door closes is just a couple of inches shy of seven feet tall, and has to weigh over 300 pounds. He looks around and smiles in obvious good humor. "Why's this place so dead? I was informed that this is the place to be, either to find work or to hire it. Seems as though there should be more folk here . . ." He pauses and looks at the half-orc behind the bar. "Unless it's empty because most of them are out working! Yes, I think I see now."
[/section]

AC: 16 (12 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +02 CMD: 14
Fort: +02 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[section]
The door opens gently, and the doorway is darkened once more by the shadow of an overlarge fellow. The half-orc who slides in as the door closes is just a couple of inches shy of seven feet tall, and has to weigh over 300 pounds. He looks around and smiles in obvious good humor. "Why's this place so dead? I was informed that this is the place to be, either to find work or to hire it. Seems as though there should be more folk here . . ." He pauses and looks at the half-orc behind the bar. "Unless it's empty because most of them are out working! Yes, I think I see now."
[/section]

AC: 16 (12 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +02 CMD: 14
Fort: +02 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]
or hiding from the mean half-orc behind the bar?

Remove ads