[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Satin Knights

First Post
Mystie Thissiledew ~ gnome healer 1

The door to the inn opens, and a small gnomish woman limps in. Not injured, the way she is moving, the limp looks like an old injury or maybe something she was born with. Finding a table with a high chair, she gets to the first order of business; dinner. Catching Marla's attention, "Could I have some roast chicken and potatoes please? And a bit of wine?" "Yes, it will be just a few minutes."

After taking a job with a low life skum like Ringling, she is going to have to ask more questions of any future employer. This one almost got her thrown in jail on her first day.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
While the number of patrons in the tavern has been reduced, it becomes quite ease to overhear conversations at other tables.

A couple tables over there is a card game going on and the stakes are becoming a bit higher. One man (gnome) announces that he cannot match the other man's (human) coins on the table, and he offers to trade a good legend of lost treasure instead. The dwarf (male) at the table scoffs at the notion that the legend would be worth the 20 gold coins he needs to ante up to stay in the game. The gnomes assurances that the legend is true is met with incredulous laughter from those at his table.

The dwarf's reply sends the gnome packing, "Har, iffen ya can be findin' a sucker willin' ta pay fur it. Then ya cum on back."

Hrandeth_zpsa785cdcc.jpg

The gnome declares, "Alright, alright. Just give me a moment! Don't go peaking at my cards either!"

He looks around and sees Jonas, Mirra, and Mystie trying to catch the adventurers' eyes in case he sees a spark of interest.

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

The young woman at the bar looks up briefly from her note-taking. "Lost treasure?" she inquires, then shrugs. "If you mean gold and silver, I'm afraid I've little interest in noble metals. They aren't particularly reactive unless exposed to aqua regia, and even then the resultant admixture is entirely useless, as far as I've been able to determine. Even in the solid state, the noble metals have low melting points and are highly malleable, neither of which are generally useful properties. Really, there are very few applications in which..." She stops. "Oh! I was rambling again, wasn't I? I'm sorry. I don't mind traveling and adventuring, but if you're just offering the chance to get gold and silver, I don't think I can help you."

[sblock=OOC]Mirra will be tempted by the possibility of acquiring new knowledge and new alchemical ingredients, if the gnome wants to focus his sales pitch a bit.

There's nothing that really helps out an alchemist until I can get Muleback Cords, so I'm just going to wait on spending the DMC. When everyone else advances to 2nd, I'll burn a few to keep up, but there doesn't seem to be much point in doing it now.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash makes his way into the inn after he finally pried himself away from the questions of the White Cloaks. It would seem they have little trust of someone of Rhat'matani descent and their questions went tediously long in the matter of the Ringling affair. He sighs and looks around the common room. Spotting Mystie he gives a little wave and starts to move across the room. Suddenly he notices another gnomes staring at him.

Qalabash glances down at his shirt.

"What? Do I have blood on my shirt?" He pats his chest and the leather Pell-styled tunic that covers it. "I don't see how that would be possible. I was in a fight but I wasn't the one who came away blood-spattered. It is a tale. Not a good one, mind you but I would tell it all the same. It is my first adventure, you see. But, say, why are you looking at me like that?"

He glances behind him to make sure the gnome is looking at him and not someone behind him.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
talk[/sblock]

. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

BigB

First Post
A large muscled 1/2 Orc enters the Inn. He appears awkward as he enters the room, not clumsy but uncomfortable and socially inept. His green skin is covered in road dirt as though he has been traveling. Luckily the room is not overcrowded as he makes his way to the bar and bumps into a few chairs along the way.

Mead and something to eat, boar if you have it. He turns to scan the crowd to see if their are any familiar faces. Not seeing any he looks to the gnome standing in the room looking around the crowd as though as he wants something. You need something? He grabs a slab of meat as it is set down on the bar near him and tears into it as though he is really enjoying the meal. Well, whats your story?

[sblock=ooc]Tsaaruck has just returned from "To bee or not to bee" and would be interested in joining an adventure if there is room for him. Waiting for the exp and gp reward which should allow him to level up and pick up some new armor - not sure how long the approval will take but could start out at level 1 and level up later if that is possible.[/sblock]
Zbrush_orc_version_2_by_chrisgabrish-d5p307h.jpg

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas looks up from the ale he's been nursing as his sensitive ears overhear the conversation at the card table. When he speaks, his voice is deep and soft - a contrast to his savage, slightly manic look and his size. "I could perhaps be persuaded to go looking for lost treasure. Not for the sake of the treasure itself, though of course wealth is a useful tool to have in one's arsenal. But like the chemist," he nods at Mirra, "I have other interests that might be served through such a quest."
[/section]

Initiative: +02
AC: 16 (12 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 11/11
Senses: DarkVision (60’)
CMB: +02 CMD: 14
Fort: +02 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hrandeth_zpsa785cdcc.jpg

Standing on his chair (the furniture at the table are sized for humans), the gnome smiles wide towards the woman and the half-orcs, "Oh, there are sure to be riches beyond just gold and silver. Treasures, not just money mind you."

"I am not the type to go investigate. But I am certainly willing to tell you all that I know... for twenty gold coins that I happen to need right now."

Despite his conversation across the room, the gnome remains standing on the chair with his hand is resting on the face down cards he is playing to keep them from being looked at. His gambling companions are grumbling about him needing to hurry up or fold.

The gnome's expression becomes solemn and he places his free hand over his heart, "On my word, you shall find the information I am selling worthy of adventurers."

The dwarf guffaws, "Har, har, har! Tis getting' fookin' deep in here."

The gnome turns to glare at the dwarf.

[sblock=GM Recruitment]Between Mowgli and I, we will figure out how to get Tsaaruck into one of our adventures.

BigB, please use quotation marks. The color doesn't appear in the email notifications and that is how I read your posts 95% of the time.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

"Well, there are any number of antiquities that I would find of interest ... and the high magickal background of ancient ruins often allows certain rare fungi to flourish..." she trails off. She checks her coin purse and frowns before turning to Jonas. "I find myself with a bit less than twenty sovereigns to my name, but seeing as you've expressed interest, perhaps you'd be interested in a joint venture? My name is Mirra Weathersmith, by the way." After a pause she turns to the gnome and adds, "Although if we do come to an arrangement, I'd caution you against investing the proceeds from the sale in the next hand. The odds of making your draw is only..." She pauses briefly for some mental arithmetic. "...eight point six nine six percent."

[sblock=OOC]Mirra's a bit of a savant due to the mindchemist thing, and I'm guessing she can see he's going for an inside straight and calculate the odds. And drawing on my own poker knowledge, the gnome sounds like the kind of sucker who is probably already betting against a flush, so that he has no chance of winning even if he makes his draw. For whatever the E'n equivalent of straight, flush, and poker is.[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck listens to the conversation as he finishes his meal then wipes his mouth with the back of his hand. "Hmmm I am not sure what game you are playing but a treasure search is not my kind of job. No offense to you or those that do seek treasure, just not for me." He looks to the Gnome sitting at the bar and back to the gnome standing on the chair "Might be in your interest to listen to that one she looks smart like, umm not that you don't but umm, you should listen to her."He then makes his way out the door.

[sblock=ooc]Thanks PM, Mowgli has room for Tsaaruck in his adventure. [/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
Mystie rummages through her coin purse. Yes, she could. Gathering the coins in her hand in a firm grip, she gets down from her chair and walks over to the gnome.

Staring up at him, she spends a long moment sizing him up, looking deep into his soul. Being a mistress of fortune, she makes up her mind. "I warn you. The last man to upset me was dragged by the white cloaks, unconscious, naked except skivvies and tossed in jail. And that was only an hour ago."

Mystie turns to the table and looks at the dwarf and human. With a heavy hand and a loud giggle, eleven coins are slapped onto the table. Ten gold and a platinum. "Call."

[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 2/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 1 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action..................................
Effects:
In hand: coins were
[/sblock]
[/section]

Remove ads