[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Commander_Fallout

First Post
The elf, Samad, stumbled back into the Inn and sat back down at the bar. He undid his keffiyeh and buried his face in his palms, running his fingers through his thick black hair and sighing. Finally, he flagged down a server, "Alright, I think I shall try some of that ale now. I think I shall have need of it."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The elf, Samad, stumbled back into the Inn and sat back down at the bar. He undid his keffiyeh and buried his face in his palms, running his fingers through his thick black hair and sighing. Finally, he flagged down a server, "Alright, I think I shall try some of that ale now. I think I shall have need of it."
"Und I am ready fur Reisling vine, bitta, frauline." after his wine arrives he takes a long slow sip. after running the wine accross his pallet he speaks again to the very normally inquisitive gnome. "It vas quite th little rock of horrors. Ja. The next ting to cross my path, das fallen knight und his captured sword had creature called Gith to fight us. Later a demoness of dragon blood fight us. She vas resistant to mein fuer attacks. Not goot, das ist. Later I got sick und had to leave das fight."

OOC: at this time I became physically ill myself and was out of pocket for several months.

BigB

First Post
"Und I am ready fur Reisling vine, bitta, frauline." after his wine arrives he takes a long slow sip. after running the wine accross his pallet he speaks again to the very normally inquisitive gnome. "It vas quite th little rock of horrors. Ja. The next ting to cross my path, das fallen knight und his captured sword had creature called Gith to fight us. Later a demoness of dragon blood fight us. She vas resistant to mein fuer attacks. Not goot, das ist. Later I got sick und had to leave das fight."

OOC: at this time I became physically ill myself and was out of pocket for several months.

Creundithas stands and applauds. "Most excellent adventure. A ...hmm Gith and a demoness of dragon blood and to survive this to endure sickness. This is a story that will be told for generations. The human hero, his hair is the color of flames and his clothing shows minimal weaponry with no visible armour; but braves the worst of nightmares, Aberrations from a far realm, a Gith and a demoness of dragon blood. With the strangest of companions he does prevail. I applaud you good sir and many thanks for the telling of the grandest story." He quickly scribbles more notes and leaves the parchment to dry.

Looking at the newly arrived Elf Cruendithas exclaims " Welcome friend have you heard this magnificent tale? You look a bit troubled and perhaps a telling of this magnificence would rest your thoughts if not for but a moment. I am Cruendithas." He straightens his cloak as he introduces himself. He holds up his wine glass and offers a toast "To my new friend the flame haired hero and you sir my good elf. May there be many more toasts to your heroism and successes." He downs his wine and holds his glass up to ask for more.

OOC: I am sorry to hear you were not doing well. I am glad to see you are back in EN and hopefully back out in RL as well.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

OOC: I am sorry to hear you were not doing well. I am glad to see you are back in EN and hopefully back out in RL as well.
OOC: As all the other long ter LPFers know, I have the occasional bad few days. but like a bad penny I keep turning up. Short answer: still on the mend after two years, with about another year to go.

To Samad:

"Come en zee here, Bita, Meister Elf. Join us? Tell uf your story, It help vith heart distress."

Commander_Fallout

First Post
He raised his mug slightly and nodded, "Aye, you may be right."
He paused, before continuing, "Bats. A great mass of bats. I am unsure how it happened, magic most like, but I've never had to deal with such things and they gave us hell." He took a swig from the tankard and grimaced, putting it back down.

Scott DeWar

He paused, before continuing, "Bats. A great mass of bats. I am unsure how it happened, magic most like, but I've never had to deal with such things and they gave us hell." He took a swig from the tankard and grimaced, putting it back down.

"Swvarm uf bats? tell more, bita?"

BigB

First Post

Echoing Heinrich with a look of excitement the Gnome bursts "Bats, flying rodents gave you such a challenge to stress you so? Please do tell and you speak as if you were not alone?" mumbling a bit to himself as he takes a drink "My two stories of unusual adventure in one sitting. I wonder why more gnomes do not call this place home?"

He once again takes up pen and parchment with an eager look on his face.

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"Give me one enemy to fight, or two or three, but a thousand? It was like striking water, only water doesn't bite and screech." He shook his head, "We had been asked to investigate an inn over near the edge of the city, and we arrived to some dark magic taking hold. Two dogs of some sort had been conjured, and we had quickly killed them. When we went upstairs, the bats came and beat us back. Our employer had to step in and save us... Still, I was able to learn something new, so it was not a total loss, no?"

Scott DeWar

. . . . . mumbling a bit to himself as he takes a drink "My, two stories of unusual adventure in one sitting. I wonder why more gnomes do not call this place home?"

He once again takes up pen and parchment with an eager look on his face.

Actually, I haf traveled vith mein friend Pari, a gnome, as I mentioned before, but I haf another travel friend who is gnom. That vould be Ni, a summoner of creatures.

BigB

First Post
"Give me one enemy to fight, or two or three, but a thousand? It was like striking water, only water doesn't bite and screech." He shook his head, "We had been asked to investigate an inn over near the edge of the city, and we arrived to some dark magic taking hold. Two dogs of some sort had been conjured, and we had quickly killed them. When we went upstairs, the bats came and beat us back. Our employer had to step in and save us... Still, I was able to learn something new, so it was not a total loss, no?"

"Two dogs and then a swarm of bats?!" Cruendithas scribbles some notes. "I have never heard of such in the Inn. This is the place for adventure. Well you lived through the experience and as you say you learned something. Not bad for a days adventure. And now you are here able to enjoy a mug and share your story." Smiling "What a good day for you."

Actually, I haf traveled vith mein friend Pari, a gnome, as I mentioned before, but I haf another travel friend who is gnom. That vould be Ni, a summoner of creatures.

"Oh how wonderful I must meet them. I would be most pleased to share adventures with all of you."

Remove ads