[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Curiosity takes the place of good sense with Vincenzo. Huh, this dwarf is over 50 years old? he thinks to himself.

"Grog, A drink for the newcomer on my tab. Beer I am guessing.

So, Master Dwarf, As you are of this old and wizend age, What stories can you tell of your travels?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
Curiosity takes the place of good sense with Vincenzo. Huh, this dwarf is over 50 years old? he thinks to himself.

"Grog, A drink for the newcomer on my tab. Beer I am guessing.

So, Master Dwarf, As you are of this old and wizend age, What stories can you tell of your travels?"

"Mead! I like to mix and match" the dwarf quickly seizes the free drink.
"I take yer not familiar with me kin lad. I'm over 120... I think, kinda lost the count after the first century, hehe. But I'm young for dwarven standards." Muzdum replied. "Although I have stories aplenty, what would'ya like to hear 'bout?."

Aura

Explorer
Grog reaches for the beer keg, only to be promptly updated--mead. "Aged bee sweets, yar," he comments and he fills a mug instead with the change of pace requested by the dwarf, who he seems to be still trying to place. He wipes his wrinkled brow as he slides the pungent drink before Muzdum, smiling a toothy grin, "Fitty years ago? Mebbe… hmmm." Grog sits on a stool and considers the dwarf with a degree of curiosity… and amusement.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Most appreciated" sayd the dwarf, grabbing the mug greedily, his eyes focused on the wavy liquid inside. "Perhaps I could tell ye a story, and at the same time tell ye why I think I might know ye from about 50 years ago. Alright..." Muzdum makes a pause to take a deep swing fro the mead mug, the booze running from the edge of his mouth and soaking his beard. The dwarf seems unconcerned by that. "I was on a tavern, much like this one. I was enjoying a good drink, food and some laughs with me fellow dwarves from Underhill, sharing tales and stuff, ye know the deal, noisy dwarves partying... " as if to emphasize his point, he takes a deep swing from his ale, giving Vincenzo a pat on the back with his heavy hand. "Hah! I love to mix and match, thanks for the mead skinny! Alright, so there we were, until a group of half orcs approached, all showing their tusks and with a hand on their weapons. They were doing some religious crap, I dunno remember wha', and wanted us to be quiet. But when I peeked under their shoulders -no hope to peek over, hah!- I saw a couple of half orc women and children. Anyway, I dunno if it was the booze, the racial hatred, or they getting their noses where no one called them, but it turned into the most fascinating bar brawl I've ever seen in my 125 years of life! Needless to say we beat the crap outa them. We had a good start, we all thought of spilling our drinks on their faces at the same time. The poor beer bathed orcs never saw the tankards and chairs flying towards their faces after that! Ha ha ha cojhh! cojhh! He he he... So maybe ye were one of the children half orcs who saw his daddy receive the beatdown of his life, rings any bells?"

Aura

Explorer
Grog roars out in laughter at the story, seemingly enjoying himself but offering no explanation. Instead, he responds to the question the question directed at Vincenzo, "No no, pretty man is no deaf," the elder halfblooded shoots him a familiar smile, "but is good cussmer. Dat's all dat count." With a typically heavy hand, he pats Vincenzo squarely between the shoulders several times in appreciation.

Halivar

First Post
A young lad slips through the door and takes a seat as quietly as he can; which is to say he squeaks every board, and he winces as the chair scrapes with a squeal. He sits down and begins picking bits of straw off his cloak, which barely conceals his large, armored frame.

He cautiously raises a hand at the bartender. "Uh, sir?" he asks, "When you get a moment, I'd like a milk, please. I've enough coin."

Remove ads