[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aura

Explorer
The strong armed orc-blooded elder turns to face the newcomer, leaving the dwarf be for a moment. He listens, then prepares two drinks. Coming to the young lad's table, he lays down the first drink, "Beer, fer the man I see." Grog then carelessly slaps another mug down, some of the cool white liquid slops out, "And milk, fer the boy I herd bit ago. If he come back, you tell 'im drink dat." He turns and saunters off.

Halivar

First Post
The boy chuckles nervously. "Thank you, sir," he says. "Darvus Andar's the name. I'm newly arrived in town." He stops, remembering himself, and glances furtively around. "But if any strangers come asking after me, I would appreciate your discretion." He lifts it up the tankard of ale and says, "Cheers!" He puts it back down in favor of the milk when the bartender's back is turned.

Aura

Explorer
"Gotcha," the bartender replies to Darvus' moment of caution. Then, adding for formality, "I be Grog." He smiles before leaving the young man to his drinks.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Gotcha," the bartender replies to Darvus' moment of caution. Then, adding for formality, "I be Grog." He smiles before leaving the young man to his drinks.

With pure mischief in his face a flashy dressed man with a cup of wine says "ungh I be Vincenzo!"

SloppyJoe

First Post
[sblock=Just outside of The Dunn Wright In]

Three guards from the Twin Roses stand outside arguing. Two of the guards are blocking the way for the third guard.

" Drake, listen yourself, you got the perfect replacement job. You just have sit on your arse and pick your nose all day " said Thomas puzzled over his friends decision. " Even food is brought up to you by servants " Paine added with glee.

Drake shrugged and took a good look at his friends. Thomas was one of those guards that looked like he never taken a push up, he was a thin as a twig but was surprisingly good with a sword.... if he wanted to. Paine was nothing like Thomas. He was quite obese and not really good at anything with weapons. He was actually so large that even his guard uniform knew it was fighting a loosing battle, but he was the most reliable of the bunch and probably the kindest guard in Venza.

" Listen, I appreciate the effort but I have made up my mind " he said and gently pushed the two away from the entrance. " besides you two had to learn how to do your own paper work at some point, right!? " he added with a grin.

Thomas and Paine looked at each with fear " I can't read " said Thomas, " I can't write !" said Paine shocked.

Drake couldn't resist laughing " well then, you are a perfect couple " he said as opened the door " ... but mates, stay out of trouble. I will get back to ya in a couple of days "

Thomas and Paine threw their hands up in defeat. " you are going to get yourself blown up by a ball of flame ! " . Paine looked confused " like a fireball?! " and Thomas' frustration grew bigger " that's what I said ! Didn't I ! "

" I am sure I will be fine guys " and with a reassuring smile to his friends, Drake walked into the Inn.
[/sblock]

A human walks in the Inn wearing the White Rose uniform, a modified version of the official guard uniform of the Twin Roses district. It is mostly grey and black with fake gold decoration plates on the chest and shoulders. On the right shoulder is a symbol of white rose formed as an arrow and on his left shoulder is a symbol of Venza's coat of arms, although the seahorse is biting on two red roses. He also carries several items, most notably a bow, a cloak and a backpack.

" Grog, is it ?! " he asks the bartender rhetorically as he reaches the barkeep " the name is Drake. I've heard this is a good spot for some adventure work. Any truth to this ? " he says while putting a silver coin on the counter and gesturing an interest for something to drink.

resrick

First Post
As the door to the tavern swings open, a young halfling steps into the large dining area. He is a site to see in his white adventures long coat on over his traveling britches and a brown button up shirt. His hair is a disheveled mess and his round glasses continually slide down his nose as he turns his head left and right admiring the room. With a huge grin on his face like that of a child in wonder of a new toy, he walks over to the bar tender and requests an ale.

"The finest ale you have my lady!" he says as he pushes up his glasses farther onto his face and grins up at the barmaid.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

A well attired venzin and a halfling are sitting at the bar when Drake walks in. [no, this is not the start of a joke] "Greetings Drake, yes this is a great place to get work. You just wait, and it will find you."

resrick

First Post
Overhearing the gentlemen addressing the venzin, Devlin spins around in his chair addressing the new comer with the utmost excitement.

"Work you say! Oh goody! What type of work would be available in this area? You see I am a traveler from all the way in Copperhead and I am looking for...wait a second, where are my manners."
He hops down from his chair and strides over to the gentlemen reaching for his hand,"My name is Devlin good sir, a pleasure to meet you!"

He shakes the mans hand vigorously with a smile on his face.

Systole

First Post
Boots_150-1.png

After a few patrons enter and leave, Darvus becomes aware of a weight on his lap. Checking under the bar, he sees the head of a large, black, and very demonic-looking wolf, resting comfortably on his thighs. The creature looks up at him with what appears to be a very sincere attempt at a puppy-dog expression, which is unfortunately completely ruined by its blood-red, reptilian eyes.

"Woof?" it says, eyeing the mugs on the bar hungrily.

Scott DeWar

Vincenzo looks at Darvus' new friend doing his best to suppress a burst of laughter.

"Oh and by the way we hace a jungle cat who likes buffalo milk" points to Taniwah "His majesty, the King of cats; and this harmless little puppy who begs for beer. You should wait to make him ask you for it instead of this act he is trying to pull of.

Boots, just ask him for some beer, will ya?"

Vincenzo's skin still crawls at the memory of the viciousness of the dog and cat.

Remove ads