[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Franco Atiradore - Human Male Fighter (Archer)

Franco gives a start as the weapon festooned warrior's flail knocks over the chair with a loud crash, spilling the shot of whiskey he had raised to his lips down the front of his shirt instead. A look of anger crosses his face briefly, then becomes an open grin as he gestures the bartender for another.

"I think I may have found a new home!" he says as the man brings his drink.

The barkeep gives an amiable nod as he moves off to another patron.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Hehe, skipping back a bit, since the forum leapt ahead of me yesterday)

Maia tried to absorb what she'd been told. This is the City of Glass...but it isn't glass at all. But it was harder to focus on her companion than before. Her eyes kept wanting to close, and the organs in her midsection felt vaguely pained for some reason. Fortunately there was a name for her condition, and a cure. She was sleepy. For that, she needed a room.

"Tomorrow then," Maia agreed, then got up to see the innkeeper about obtaining a room. This time she was careful to ask how much of what kind of metal was appropriate to exchange. The man shot venomous eyes at several other people in the common room, but grudgingly took a gold coin and gave some silver back. He also gave a key and told her what room to look for, and how to find it.

Armed with the instrument, and the information, she went up the stairs and peered at each door in turn until she saw the sigil that matched the one on the key. She unlocked, locked, and unlocked the door several times, marvelling in the simple genius of the device. Finally she went inside.

Though the room was chock full of amazing things, the one that caught her eye immediately was the soft-looking bed. It seemed to Maia that she could simply rest for a moment, then continue her explorations. Just for a minute or two...

zGio

First Post
The young elf swirls the wine and inhales its aroma, before proceeding to drink it.
"Quite a good wine, and quite an interesting piece of information, madam" - The weak elf leaves the bar, he moves gracefully through the crowded place, losing his way a couple of times before arriving at the back room's door.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
(OOC - Hehe, skipping back a bit, since the forum leapt ahead of me yesterday)

Maia tried to absorb what she'd been told. This is the City of Glass...but it isn't glass at all. But it was harder to focus on her companion than before. Her eyes kept wanting to close, and the organs in her midsection felt vaguely pained for some reason. Fortunately there was a name for her condition, and a cure. She was sleepy. For that, she needed a room.

"Tomorrow then," Maia agreed, then got up to see the innkeeper about obtaining a room. This time she was careful to ask how much of what kind of metal was appropriate to exchange. The man shot venomous eyes at several other people in the common room, but grudgingly took a gold coin and gave some silver back. He also gave a key and told her what room to look for, and how to find it.

Armed with the instrument, and the information, she went up the stairs . . .
Vincenzo stands as the doe eyed girl stands. "on the morrow." he returns to his seat. He sees several give the bartender the evil eye, including one who calls himself Fury, and takes note of how the bartender gives a dirty look back.

"that is a strange senorina there. she isa no from here in venza, so very new. Almost seems new even to being. But i digress. I am so sorry, what was your last question? Or did i answer it . . .?"

Last edited:

toasterferret

Explorer
Falkner listens to Borric's rendition of events then responds to his question in kind

"They used to call me "Captain" back in the guard. I got that little nickname back when i was in charge of tracking down a pesh dealing ring. My men had located the site where a big deal was about to go down and we were supposed to call in for a tactical team before going in. We did, but before they arrived we heard a scream from inside the house. Apparently the owners wife had come home from work early and blundered in on the whole thing. I knew we didn't have time to wait for backup so I sent my half men in through the back, and took two through the front door."

Falkner takes a sip of ale before continuing...

"When i get through the door I see one thug menacing the woman, though she was holding her own with a small knife she had grabbed. Before I can even think about it, i slit his throat from behind, then turn and flank the rest of his buddies with the squad I sent in the back way. Next thing I know I'm being commended on one of the cleanest drug busts of the year and recommended for Captain on a tactical team."

With a small shrug Falkner goes back to his ale, then looks up at the rest at the table, scanning over their faces.

"I'll be glad to be working with you all to get to the bottom of al this business in the planks."

jackslate45

First Post

With his warcry, the head of his flail backhands the chair he was sitting in knocking it over to the floor drawing the attention of several onlookers.
With a small jump Anaerion vanishes from his seat and appears a few steps behind, looking quite terrified as Borric's flail knocks over the chair. Taking a few short breaths, Anaerion says "Well, not all wizards are...so...evil? I can assure you that I would never do nothing of the sort. " Looking at Fury he says "It seems like you guys are more than capable of handling whatever is down in the Planks. Especially with...Borric? And Falkner himself seems quite able. I feel I would only be getting in your way."

Anaerion sits back down at his seat.

[sblock=AF's Game]
I think other people are going to be in AF's Game. If we need one more Anaerion can volunteer to be killed help
[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
[sblock=My Game]Got 5 on board, which I'm happy with. I'm waiting on a response from ACZ until the end of the day then I'll offer the last slot to AxeM since he had expressed interest earlier.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric notices the elf and his reaction and replies, "Sorry to startle you, bit carried away. But so far I have found wizards to be capable of selling their own children and wee bit squishy. From the ones I have met, I don't trust the lot."

The boisterous fighter neglects to mention that he has met all of one mage and he is completely oblivious to Syl being more akin to a wizard than a cleric, believing him to be some quirky druid that likes a pet scorpion.

Borric puts the flail back on his belt and kicks the overturned chair out of the way to make room for a stool. Much easier to sit down that way without removing half his weapons and he does just that.

After hearing Falkner's tale, he looks at him with suspicion, "Captain of the guard? Tactical teams? Drug busts? Well, then what are you doing here with us lowly adventurer types? With those claims to fame, you should be investigating the corporal's troubles all by yourself, mate."

Despite the fact he really doesn't believe half of Falkner's tale, suspecting the man is either drunk, grossly exaggerating, or both. He has the good sense to keep his accusations to himself, this time and offers some from his amphora.

"Here, have some more drink Cap'n."

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Gerald007

First Post
"To be fair, Borric, most things would a bit squishy to repeated flail blasts about the head and shoulders. I don't see many in here that could stand up to more than a blow or two. The bastard was going to kill his own grandchild though, so good upon you for demonstrating his squishy-ness."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
For emphasis, Borric pounds a fist down on the table causing a few mugs to slosh a little and replies, "Damn right, Syl! Taking a few blows to the face isn't good for anyone. Callisto's breasts! That man deserved everything he got."

The boisterous fighter also fails to remember his own mortality was in question, not once, but twice.

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Remove ads