[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Songdragon

Explorer
A small person, perhaps three feet in high with rather long silver locks and light green eyes that have a spark of mischief within. She isressed in a simple chain shirt of fine make polished to a nice shine over which is a black tabard with a silver crescent moon upon it. She walks into the establishment with a smile and greets all present, "Merry met!"

She makes her way to a table and asks for a glass of honey wine and some roast bird with vegetables. She will then pause and look about at those within the Inn.

[sblock=Zelena]Zelena's Webpage
Cleric 1/ Bard 2[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Quioan finished his roast and leaned back in his seat at the bar. It had been his first proper meal in weeks, and he had thoroughly enjoyed it.

Savoring the feeling of a full stomach for a change, he looked around the room, his eyes settling on the young gnome who had entered the tavern a short time ago. He liked gnomes - their chatty ways usually blended well with his relative introspection. And he found their raw connection to the fey to be fascinating. Plus, this gnome was clearly an adventurer of some sort, which meant she might be able to tell him a bit about the status of work in the city. Besides, after traveling by himself for more than a month, a little conversation would be nice.

Picking up his gear, he made his way over to Zelena's table. Bowing slightly, he gestured to the chair, and asked in perfect sylvan, "would you mind if I joined you?"

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena looks to the elf and smiles. She motions to the seat and replies in a slightly accented Sylvan, "Please."

Her drink arrives and the gnome takes up the glass and mutters a few arcane words and the outside of the glass becomes coated in a thin icy coating. She then sips the chilled drink.

"Merry met. I am Zelena. What brings you to Venza?" she asks.

Qik

First Post
Unshouldering his gear, Quioan smiles and takes a seat. "Merry met, indeed. I'm Quioan. Thanks for indulging me with a bit of Sylvan, it's not often that I get a chance to use it, and I'd hate to see my accent slip. As for what brings me to Venza..." Quioan takes a brief stare off into space as if he'll find the answer there. "I suppose you could say I'm a traveler...on a bit of a search... I'm hoping that I may find what I'm looking for here." Gesturing to the notice board, he adds with a slight smile, "In the meantime, there's always work to be found. How about yourself? What is it that you do?"

Quioan finds himself enjoying being out of the wilderness for a change; the civilized conversation is almost enough to remind him of home.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Human Male Fighter

Borric, the walking arsenal, opens the door to the tavern once again. The triumph of completing the last task a bit spoiled by not being able to track down that devil's mistress.

The burly fighter scans the patrons for Fury or anyone else he knows, figuring the Cap'n will be along shortly after he finishes dipping his wick or whatever he was doing at the brothel they were in.

Spying the gnome, Zelena, he grins and walks over, "Hey lass, where are the others?"

Not waiting for an invitation to sit down, Borric grabs a chair, turns it around backwards and straddles it as he plops down. Yelling over his shoulder towards the bar, "Oy, bar wench! Some ale over here!... Ah... please!" He proceeds to make himself comfortable by piling the weapons that don't sit well when he is a chair. The guisarme is leaning against the table, the flails are on the table and he starts stacking the chakrams like poker chips.

Turning to Zelena and her dining companion, the fighter remarks, "The horny wench is a bit touchy when you just ask her to do her fookin' job... Who's this?"
He directs the question at Zelena but nods his head towards Quioan. Checking her roast bird he reaches with pinched fingers with a raised eyebrow that says, you don't mind do ya?

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Qik

First Post
OOC: Thanks for the welcome, all; looking forward to being a part of the community for the long haul!

So much for civilized conversation...
thought Quioan. However, determined to make the most of it, he brushed aside his irritation at having his conversation interrupted before it really got off the ground (I would have love to asked her about her heritage - you don't see many pale-skinned gnomes. Although heritage often plays, at most, a minor role in a gnomes appearance...).

To Zelena, he said, in sylvan, "I look forward to continuing our conversation at another time, sans-obnoxious brute." Turning to Borric, he smiled, hopefully with only a bit of his perturbation showing through; after all, he wasn't overly bothered by the man's presence, just the manner in which he had entered (or rather, assaulted) the conversation. And the fact that he wasn't going to get much practice of his sylvan, today. He introduced himself in common: "I'm Quioan. I arrived in Venza this afternoon. Looking forward to find a way to keep myself....preoccupied." With that last word, he gestured at the bow prompted up next to his chair, enjoying the contrast of simplicity with this man's almost humorous extent of an armory.

- - -

Quioan Scorchsong

Songdragon

Explorer
The gnome is about to answer the elf when Borrick interrupts. As he takes a seat at her table she takes a sip of wine and a nod at the elf's sylvan words she smiles.

"Being as vulgar as ever I see Borrick. I am not sure where the others have gotten off to, I am sure they will show when they are able." the gnome says to a former adventuring companion.

She looks to Boork and Quioan... "Quioan, this is Borrick."

She smiles and tells her tale. "I am a priestess of Ral and a bard. Borrick here, a few others, and I looked into a matter for the city recently. Hopefully we have stopped the killings in the Ranocchio district, or the Planks as it is better known. We dealt with a myriad of foes, from a few of the gangs that terrorized the good folk, to saving a young noble. We even had a run in with some nasty water goblins and even a nasty pet shark giant shark. Turned out rather tasty if I recall." She smiles before continuing, "We were unable to finish our task with any definitive end. I do hope whichever spellcaster who was stealing souls, has moved on. At least for now."

SJRSamurai

First Post
The door of the inn swings open and in walk a group of five bearing stacks of paper, upon seeing them Marla shakes her head and points them towards one of the backrooms without a word ever being said.

Qik

First Post
"I am a priestess of Ral and a bard."

Quioan raises his eyebrows slightly at this. "A priestess, hmm? I have not heard of Ral, I'm afraid - I am woefully uninformed on gnomish religion - but any god that can warrant the devotion of one as given to the fruits of life as a bard with a taste for wine must be a worthy patron, indeed." He relays the last part of this statement with a slight smile on his lips.

"Borrick here, a few others, and I looked into a matter for the city recently. Hopefully we have stopped the killings in the Ranocchio district, or the Planks as it is better known. We dealt with a myriad of foes, from a few of the gangs that terrorized the good folk, to saving a young noble. We even had a run in with some nasty water goblins and even a nasty pet shark giant shark. Turned out rather tasty if I recall." She smiles before continuing, "We were unable to finish our task with any definitive end. I do hope whichever spellcaster who was stealing souls, has moved on. At least for now."

At her brief retelling of this affair, Quioan again raises his eyebrows, this time a notch higher. "That sounds like quite an ordeal. I suppose it's natural for such a large city to attract all manner of foul things - like moths to a lamp light, I suppose."

The elf leans back a bit in his chair, folds his legs, and considers her story further. "You spoke of an arcanist stealing souls?
That's quite a grave practice, indeed. I suppose that's one of the drawbacks of magic - that such a widely-applicable tool lends itself just as well to sinister ends as it does positive or benign ones." To himself, Quioan considers his long-uptaken quest to seek out and combat the world's evils provided by the nameless deity he had come to think of as the Dream-Giver. If such horrid acts as the theft of souls from the unwilling were occurring in Venza, he was glad to have finally come to the fabled City of Glass.

toasterferret

Explorer
The door swings open, and the ex-white cloak strides into the common room.

Upon seeing Borric and Zelena he walks over, pulling up a chair.

"Making friends Borric?" he asks, before introducing himself to the seated stranger at the table.

"Falkner at your service..."

Still left with a sour feeling in his stomach over the whole "stealing souls" business, he turns to Zelena and asks:

"Zelena, do me a favor and keep an ear to the ground for me. If that soul-stealing devil starts showing up again I'd like to know about it. I can't shake the feeling that we have some unfinished business."

Remove ads