• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Brain

First Post
A kobold opens the door, finishes brushing himself off from travel, and enters.

"Vixo's back in town and looking for more.

[sblock=ooc]level 2 brutal scoundrel rogue. if you need a striker, that's what you get[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Blade looks up at the newcomer, reaching for his weapon, "Hold kobold, what is one of your craven race doing in this city, shouldn't you be out setting traps for the weak?" the deva says.

Brain

First Post
Blade looks up at the newcomer, reaching for his weapon, "Hold kobold, what is one of your craven race doing in this city, shouldn't you be out setting traps for the weak?" the deva says.

Vixo's eyes narrow as he looks at the Deva. "My race doesn't define me. Nor does yours define you, as much as you cling to your past lives. Get over it."

renau1g

First Post
Vixo's eyes narrow as he looks at the Deva. "My race doesn't define me. Nor does yours define you, as much as you cling to your past lives. Get over it."

"I'd watch that tongue, cur, lest someone grow tired of it waggling about and put a stop to it" Blade replies calmly back to Vixo, before turning back to his milk.

[sblock=OOC]
Brain, hope there's no issue with Blade rubbing Vixo the wrong way, he's relatively newly re-born and has certain preconceived notions of the traditionally evil races
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Damn. I feel like the guy on that crappy reality show that gives out roses to chicks he hopes to have sex with marry.

That said, I've decided that my adventure would be best served with SKALISSS and DORN. Between Dragon Breath and being a sorcerer, the two of them should make up for the lack of a controller. Please make yourself known in the FIRE AND ICE thread and we can get underway![/sblock]

Brain

First Post
Vixo continues on to a seat across the room from Blade, letting out a hissing sigh and getting an ale to sip.

[sblock=ooc]Play your character however you want, fine with me. Vixo's not likely to want to adventure with Blade.[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
Vixo continues on to a seat across the room from Blade, letting out a hissing sigh and getting an ale to sip.

[SBLOCK=OOC]
Oh my, Skalisss was on the other side of the room listening to the strange monk's story, otherwise there surely would have been trouble at the insult to his friend Vixo...

Either way, good in-character mayhem, things are starting to get interesting ;)
[/SBLOCK]

DMDanW

First Post
While getting his fill of good food; and yes, the food here at the Hanged Man was as good as the beverages; Dextyr took in the events unfolding around him. Near the door the paniced Monk drew the attention of the 2 warforged, the dwarven cleric, the dragonborn paladin and the Half-orc with static build-up issues. Next to him were the elf and deva avengers, both of whom, like himself had decided that the others could more than handle the monks dielema.

And now enters a rough looking kobold, who's grand bravado was not a usual trait for his kind. '..and now Blade is picking a fight with this Vixo character. Interesting indeed. Seems blade is quick to judge, and even quicker yet to pick a fight. Best I keep on his good side then.' thought Dextyr as he finished off the remainder of his meal.

"So Tristan, do tell, why has one of the 'Lady of the Moon's warriors' come here? I'm guessing you are not from around here, so there must be a reason you travelled to Daunton. You must have a tale of sorts that brought you here, and well, I kind of make it a point of collecting these kind of stories. I am sure that one day I can use the tales of those I meet and combined with the tales of deeds yet to happen I will create an epic tale that bards will sing about for centuries to come". Dextyr finishes off with a hopeful grin in an attempt to get the tight lipped Tristan to open up and unveil a bit of the mystery surrounding the strange Elf.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Hmm?" The elf seems surprised with Dextyr's interest in his past. After a few seconds he recovers. "I am merely a leaf on the wind of Dayna's will, carried here on the breeze," he replies cryptically, with a grin and wink for good measure.

"And what of you, Dextyr? You alluded to being from somewhere else; what has brought you to this," the elf sweeps his arms wide, as if pointing out a spectacular sight, "grand tavern?"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads