• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Personally, with the two leaders and defenders, I think we could use two strikers, but having Skalisss in the party along with Crag would make us darned near impossible to drop with our two leaders assisting us. Adding anything else to that combination of double leader double defender is just icing on the cake! Having Dorn join the party would add a little extra punch in the damage department and having a few more area effects never hurts (unless I'm in the way LOL)! If we added Dextyr to the party, I think that would unfairly steal all of the available leaders away from the next adventuring group (though good lord... 2 defenders and 3 leaders... we'd never die with all that healing!). Again, just for reiteration, it's up to Don as to what we'll have, but any interested parties should just go ahead and contact Don to see if he's willing to let you in on the Adventure! Good luck to you all![/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
You'd never die and it'd take ages to kill anything... You're gonna want at least 1 striker!

Since Skalisss isn't an alt, and Don I asked for a level 2 char, I think the obvious party makeup here is to take Skalisss and Dorn, for 2 leaders, 2 defenders, 1 striker. Then the two Avengers and Dextyr can hopefully pick up another defender to make a more rounded party.
[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
You'd never die and it'd take ages to kill anything... You're gonna want at least 1 striker!

Since Skalisss isn't an alt, and Don I asked for a level 2 char, I think the obvious party makeup here is to take Skalisss and Dorn, for 2 leaders, 2 defenders, 1 striker. Then the two Avengers and Dextyr can hopefully pick up another defender to make a more rounded party.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
I agree with Joe that a striker is needed. Skalisss is happy to defer to someone that has been waiting longer, but if a level 2 PC is needed then he meets that requirement. Besides, a second Defender is always a good idea.
[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Dex will just wait for the next adventure to show up.

The way I see the situation as it stands right now is either Blade and Tristan join the group (2 1st level strikers) or Dorn and Skalisss join the group (1st level striker and level 2 defender). Either one partially meets Don's requirment but both still lack the controller role, which does seem to be really lacking out there.

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Dextyr M’rgan - Male Half-Elf Bard 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 17; Low-light vision
AC:17, Fort:13, Reflex:13, Will:15 -- Speed:5 (w/ heavy armor)
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges Left:10/10
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: available
Powers
Guiding Strike
Vicious Mockery
Majestic Word (2/2)
Words of Friendship
Shout of Triumph

Eldritch Blast
Stirring Shout
Inspiring Word
Group Diplomacy: All allies within 10 squares of Dextyr gain a +1 bonus to Diplomacy checks.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
The only downside is that leaves us with 1 leader and 2 strikers, not sure if we got another defender in the pipeline to come in (I hope so)
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Tristan spares a glance to the monk, but doesn't seem concerned with his plight. Orders, monks ... no concern of mine. These others seem eager enough to help him; their burden as far as I'm concerned.

Coming out of his reverie, he turns to Dextyr. "So, is there anything else that this tavern's patrons do? Or do they all just sit around all day waiting for someone like that monk to come and lay their problems in their laps?"
[sblock=OOC]And Joe seems to keep forgetting that he has a rather interesting defender that he seems to be intent on keeping in the closet for now :p[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Yes, this waiting doesn't seem like something a servant of Maros is cut out for. Monks are usually cowards, wishing to avoid conflict, therefore, undeserving of Maros' aid." Blade adds, grabbing another goat's milk, and a glass of water, before moving over to Tristan.

"There surely must be something in this town worthy of our blades" he whispers, handing the new drink over.

DMDanW

First Post
Coming out of his reverie, he turns to Dextyr. "So, is there anything else that this tavern's patrons do? Or do they all just sit around all day waiting for someone like that monk to come and lay their problems in their laps?"

"Well I am not sure actually. This is my first visit to the tarvern. When I decided that I wanted to get out and see the world I went by this places reputation as the place to be." Dextyr pauses and takes a sip of his own water and continues "Perhaps somone who has been here before would know if there are other options available to us. To tell you the truth, this place so far isn't exactly living up to the tales I have heard, but I know of no other options, so I guess I'll just wait for my food and hopefully before my backside turn numb, another oportunity will come to us".

Remove ads