• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Damn. I feel like the guy on that crappy reality show that gives out roses to chicks he hopes to have sex with marry.

That said, I've decided that my adventure would be best served with SKALISSS and DORN. Between Dragon Breath and being a sorcerer, the two of them should make up for the lack of a controller. Please make yourself known in the FIRE AND ICE thread and we can get underway![/sblock]

[sblock=Don I.]
Please.... you're much much better than this ;) nobody's that low. Don't forget he has sex with them before they get the rose, so he's really dumb.

Anyways, solid choice, I think it's going to be one tough group. Have fun!
[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
"And what of you, Dextyr? You alluded to being from somewhere else; what has brought you to this," the elf sweeps his arms wide, as if pointing out a spectacular sight, "grand tavern?"

Dextyr smiles at Tristan's obvious sarcasm regarding the grandeur of the Hanged man and replies "That is correct, I am not from Daunton. I was born a citizen on Isolate Prime - the Imperium Homeland. I left there after my father and brother was killed in some meaningless skirmish that the military thought was important enough to have good men fight to the death for. That's the reason I had issues with Blades outlook on life and death and about the teachings of Aressus, or in his case Maros. It sounds glorious to die a noble death on the battlefield fighting for a righteous cause and being the hero of the day, but it is entirely another to die fighting while defending a meaningless outpost. An outpost somewhere that means nothing to anyone except some military bigshot who would rather see good men - fathers, brothers and sons - die so that on some map he can have his little flag flying and claim that land for the glorious Imperium."

Dextyr pauses for a moment, takes a sip of water and then in a calmer tone continues.

"Once they were gone I began to see things in a new light and decided that a life in the Imperium was not for me. I packed up and decided to pick up the life of an adventurer; Not as some mercenary for hire who would run through an old lady for a few coppers, but as one of those hero types that are sung about in folklore. I came to Daunton and then upon hearing the tales of this place, to the Hanged man. I do agree, that aside from that poor monk fellow, there has not been an abundance of action here lately."

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=Okay...]DM's what adventures are open? I have a heck of time figuring out what's going on in this thread. Thanks![/sblock]

A tall, rangy half-orc steps through the portal from Baccarta.

"Hello, happy people! I am looking for job! You know where I find? Yes?"

Then, he stops and studies the portal.

"Okay! Is much awesome! I be back!"

He steps through the portal. In a second, he teleports back to the Hanged Man.

"Ha-ha! Look at me! First I am here! Then, I am there! Is much fun! Wait, wait! You watch!"

He steps halfway through the portal.

"Look! I am like giant! I so big, I have one foot on pirate place, one foot on here! Run! Run from my huge-ness! Ha-ha-ha!"

He pulls an apple from his pocket.

"Okay. Watch! Is more fun!"

He tosses the apple from one hand, through the portal, to the other hand.

"Ha-ha! Look! Who strong as me?! Look! Okay? I throw apple across ocean, from pirate place to here and back! Ha-ha-ha! Is much funny, yes? Okay, I stop now. Time of fun is over. Now serious, okay?

He steps through the portal and tries to stop grinning--but he can't.

"Now, tell me, happy people: Where is job? I want job with much big to do, okay? Will work for cheap."

---

Tonk: Half-Orc Rogue

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Currently there are no open games Ken, there are 4 strikers waiting (including yourself) and Dextyr, who's a bard.

So currently there are 2 avengers, 2 rogues, and a bard....
[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=renau1q]Thanks!

Sucks hairy monkey butt that no adventures are open.[/sblock]

Tonk walks over to Dextyr.

"Hello! You have...(ah)..." He pantomines strumming a lute and makes musical noises. "You are music man, no? You know many good song? My mama, she sing song to me when I little. It go like this..."
Hush, little baby. Hide in the trees.
When victim come, you chop off his knees.
When he fall down, you hit him in head.
Do it twice more. Make sure he is dead.
A wistful, subdued smile. "Oh, Mama." Sigh. "My mama, she good mama."

He waves at a nearby chair. "Is okay I sit here?"

renau1g

First Post
Blade looks over at the half-orc with obvious contempt, then whispers sidelong to Tristan, "What kind of place is it that allows all manner of evil races to walk freely in its streets? Back home we'd run them through without, but a thought."

KenHood

First Post
Blade looks over at the half-orc with obvious contempt, then whispers sidelong to Tristan, "What kind of place is it that allows all manner of evil races to walk freely in its streets? Back home we'd run them through without, but a thought."
"Oh-ho! You are like Gloomy Gus!

Tonk makes a funny scowl. Tonk adjusts his voice into a (terrible) imitation of Blade. "Is bad place with evil walkers. Back home, we kill."

"Ha-ha! See, part of ear be gone, but I hear good. Yes? Is okay. I have idea for to make us be friend. Okay? You hit me. I hit you. We hug and be like brother. Okay? Always work. Make happy people. What you think? No more Gloomy Gus, yes?"

renau1g

First Post
"If you are challenging me to a duel, then I gladly accept Tonk, assuming you do not wish for bloodshed, but rather a test of skill. If these terms are agreeable, then shall we step outside?" Blade replies with the eerie sense of calm he exudes.

[sblock=OOC]
Oh dear, this could be the beginning of a terribly odd friendship.... it's like a buddy cop movie...or something
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Tristan whispers back to Blade, "I thought he sounded like your kind of man. Or half-orc. I'm indifferent, as long as he leaves the forests in peace. But I sympathize - this Daunton seems to have no standards."

The elf watches with great interest as the two banter. A huge grin spreads across his face as they seem to agree on a duel.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads