Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander looks down to see the weird goblin. Oh? So that's you. Yeah, we're with Azreael. Making a short stop before leaving again. And the ol' Bloody wake is just fine, we boys from Bacarte took care of that. he grins, taking a long sip of beer. Yo, Quag! This' the goblin Azrael mentioned earlier! And dun' drink too much acid, that'll give ya a tummy ache!! he teases, chuckling.
C'mon sit, gob, have a beer. he adds, glancing at Dang't while waving at the bartender again.

garyh

First Post
The door to the Hanged Man slams open once again, and a huge bugbear ducks through the door. He's got some small patches where he's missing fur, perhaps where acid burned it away, and there's a huge rapier on his back, the name "Black Death" clearly visible etched on the hilt.

"The name's Hrav," he bellows, "and I'm the biggest, baddest, toughest son of a pirate in all the Transitive Isles! Me pals and I have just finished making a dragon run away in fear of it's life, and it's really made me thirsty. Anyone who gets between me and the biggest mug of goblin thunder whiskey in Daunton gets a taste of Black Death here!"

He then stomps over to join Alex and Quag as a serving maid rushes over said beverage.

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue (Fighter) 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 18, Low-Light Vision
AC: 19, Fort: 16, Reflex: 18, Will: 13 - Speed: 6
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1
Resists: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison

Powers:
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Nasty Backswing
Predatory Eye
Second Wind
Student of the Sword +1 and Mark
Torturous Strike
Tumble

Handspring Assault
Acidic Rapier Ranged Attack (Encounter)
Acidic Rapier Ongoing Damage (Daily)
Deathcut Leather Armor (Daily)
Potion of Healing x1

Full character sheet[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Landing on his feet near the man, Dang't pulls on Alexander's armor a moment. You know the Captain? Bloody Wake back in town? They doomed without Dang't, you know! Probably loose ship, have to deal with weaselly rapscallions, and fight Netari himself without his good luck charm. He looks up blankly a moment then realizes he forgot to say something. Ooo, I Dang't, sirry-sir. You lookee for Dang't, and I he!

"Good luck charm, be ye? Where have ye been, then? We needed ye! That blitherin' idiot Azrael couldn't captain his way out of a bathtub with the drain plug pulled. If it's been luck proppin' him up all this time, well, he sure needs ye." Quagmire scowls. Apparently he's not terribly fond of Captain Azrael.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Alexander looks down to see the weird goblin. Oh? So that's you. Yeah, we're with Azreael. Making a short stop before leaving again. And the ol' Bloody wake is just fine, we boys from Bacarte took care of that. he grins, taking a long sip of beer.C'mon sit, gob, have a beer. he adds, glancing at Dang't while waving at the bartender again.
Dang't waddles over and sits with a thud, grinning all the while. His head barely tops the table, and is dwarfed by the others sitting there.
"Good luck charm, be ye? Where have ye been, then? We needed ye! That blitherin' idiot Azrael couldn't captain his way out of a bathtub with the drain plug pulled. If it's been luck proppin' him up all this time, well, he sure needs ye." Quagmire scowls. Apparently he's not terribly fond of Captain Azrael.
Dang't nods his head absently. Dang't... uh, Dang't get to see fine accomondations of Daunton criminal holdings. Lots of rats. Good times. He rubs his head a moment, then smiles again, sparks of electricity absently sparking through his hair as he does so. Not sure why there. No matter. Bloody Wake be gone, so Dang't be stuck here. Crew prolly sad Dang't gone, but now Dang't back! Luck of Netari for everyone! The gob seems oblivious to Quagmire's ill will towards Azrael.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Yo, Hrav, mate, here y'are! Where the hell is Girth?? asks Alexander swinging his mug to touch Hrav's with a loud "clack".
He sees an electric spark arc from Dang't hair to the vicinities of his armor, and jumps back a bit: Whoa, little one, wut's that?? Ya sure ya're that lucky?

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

cleric (Leader) (CaBaNa)
rogue (Striker) (Brain)
barbarian (Striker) (Dimsdale)
palidan (Defender) (Roadtoad)
warlock (Striker) JNC
wizard (Controller) Oni

Three strikers, two of which (brain and JNC) can't or wont play in JNC's adventure, are available for Ukingsken's adventure. If someone else would like to join (other than a striker) in this (Ukingsken's) adventure in order to even out the roles a bit, I'm willing to give up my spot and inlist in JNC's "striker flavored" adventure. If no one posts by Monday when Ukingsken's adventure begins, I will forge ahead with this adventure, all 350 pounds of me. :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Summary] Sorry for being Incommunicado for a few days. Had a bit of an internet Hiatus over the weekend. I am postng the initial post in the temple thread right after this. I think Dimsdale had the best list done up so we'll see who shows up at the temple then start the adventure thread itself.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
He sees an electric spark arc from Dang't hair to the vicinities of his armor, and jumps back a bit: Whoa, little one, wut's that?? Ya sure ya're that lucky?
The gob absently pats his hair back down and the sparks cease. Hmmm? Oh. No mind Dang't. Dang't touched by Netari... or Poseeydus. Not sure. Dang't uncle Dznat said Dang't spawn of Hekates. No matter. But Dang't can channel the storm and bring the thunder. Just happens. See! The gob holds out his hand over his ridiculously large stein of gob swill and made a small "beerspout" by holding his hand over it. Fun at parties and good at sea! The gob smiles a self-satisfied smile.

Last edited:

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Vrrsk't eyes the new group as they come in, as though he's looking for something but not finding it.

He thanks the priests of Lauto for their time and heads off to the temple.

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk gets up off the table and clutches his sword, carefully swinging over his shoulder as not to hit anyone. "Yeah!...off to kill a rogue priest!. Doesn't get any better than that." On the way out, he tries to squeeze through the already crowded tavern, not having very much success. At the end, he becomes flustered and just plows his way through, almost stepping on a gobin and bumping into a human and a hobgoblin. "Excuse me short ones! I've must through!" Just before he leaves he turns to the chanting girl. "You're last verse was pretty good." He smiles and then leaves.

[sblock=grakk's stats]
Grakk: Goliath Barbarian: Level 1
Adverse Conditions: None
*Initiative: +2
*Passive Insight 10
*Passive Perception 15
*Senses Normal Vision
*HP 33
*Bloodied 16 Surge Value 8; Surges Per-Day 13
*AC =16
*Fortitude 16 Reflex 13 Will 11 Speed 6
*action Points:1
*basic attack: Greatswor: To Hit: +7: Damage 1d10+6
*Powers
At will: Recuporating Strike, Devastating Strike
Encounter: Avalanche Strike, Stone's Endurance
Daily Standard: Bloodhunt Rage
[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Spying the other hobgoblin in the bar, he strides over, extending his hand. "Mutt! Been a long time, shipmate! What brings ye to this part o' the isles? Cap'n Canker finally come t'his senses and leave ye behind in port?" His friendly grin belies the teasing; he is genuinely happy to see an old shipmate.

"Hey Quagmire, aye good to see you! It has been a while, just put into port this mornin. Still on the payroll, but really needing a change of scenary if you know what I mean. Blowin the fog horn for Canker just ain't fun any more." replies the portly hobgoblin to his friend.

"Looks like you got yourself quite the crew here?" says Beyrk offering his hand to those gathering around Quagmire, "Name's Beyrk Verkunder, call me Mutt though. You all friends of Quagmire, here?"

Remove ads