Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC:]OK. KenHood drew his own, and while I'm not as good as he his, I'll post my own artwork instead of lifting someone else's:blush:. [/sblock]

Mikara in the Hanged Man.jpg

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=OOC]You know, for Mikara to really fit in on our adventure, she's going to have to participate in the Punch Brother ritual.

By the way, does she have wide hips? No, I have no ulterior motives for that question. [/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=KenHood - OOC] Trust me. I'll be spending quite a bit of time between now and Wednesday trying to figure out an elegant, creative way for Mikara to avoid having to do this.

I never really gave much thought to the width of her hips, but it would seem to make sense that they are quite narrow, seeing that she is an elf ;). For a description of her other features, may I refer you to the description section of her character sheet (see link below).[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
A tall wide hobgoblin in chainmail wanders into the crowded inn. His wine red skin and underbite would normally make him an odd customer, though quite normal with goblins and kobolds around. He shifts his barely usefull belt under his girth as his sword and great curved horn jangle. "Oy, name's Beryk though most call me Mutt. Been a while since I've been to this drinkin hole, but don't seem like much has changed."

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Yup, H.M. Gimlord and dimsdale have got it right (as far as I can remember - it's not like I'm writing down a list anywhere, haha). As dimsdale mentioned, in addition to H.M.'s list there's 7 Rabbit (dwarf warlock). The wizard dimsdale mentioned is Magnus, a dwarf played by Oni, who H.M. did mention.

And now, of course, Beryk as well. He's also soon joining the MMC, so he won't be trying to get into either of these adventures. Unless Erekose has a drastic change of plans, anyway. ;)

Also, I get the feeling the rest of the MMC will probably drop by the tavern to pick up their two new additions and brag a bit about being the first L4W party to defeat a dragon. They would do something like that :p[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Also, I get the feeling the rest of the MMC will probably drop by the tavern to pick up their two new additions and brag a bit
damn right we will!
being the first L4W party to defeat a dragon
damn right we did!
They would do something like that
damn right we would!

And, yeah, that's a +2 Waraxe :p[/sblock]

A big man enters the tavern, walking like one who hasn't been much on land lately. A human almost two meters tall, with long, black hair, a full beard, and a young look on his face (sic).
His demeanor is cheerful, he looks back grinning at someone, and makes a gesture with a hand to move in. The overall appearance is less reassuring, though. The contrast between his old scale mail and the big, round shiny shield with a gold-ish trident engraved strapped on his left shoulder jumps to the eye. But most of all, a really big axe is hanging from his flank, giving out an eerie glow, and an idea of a sleeping beast's talon. The name Life-Cleaver engraved near the edge isn't particularly friendly-sounding, either.
The young man sits heavily at the first table he sees, and yells: Bring the four largest mugs o'ale you got, bartender!!
Then he turns to look outside again, and yells even louder: Watcha doin' there idling?? An' what did capt'n Azrael say to look fer, his good luck charm? Was it a kobold or a goblin??

covaithe

Explorer
Another hobgoblin follows Alex through the door, strolling towards the bar with a sailor's easy, rolling gait. The bartender, seeing him enter, turns pale and immediately begins pulling on thick leather gauntlets, heavily scarred with scorch marks and twisted grooves.

"Ho, landlord. I'm Quagmire. Looks like ye remember me," Quagmire says with a sharp-toothed grin. "Just a bit o' ship's grog for me today, please," The bartender, with a sigh of profound relief, begins tugging off the gloves. Before he finishes, the hobgoblin casually tosses a small ceramic flask on the counter, sealed with lead and carefully secured with a network of silver wire. "And put a few drops o' this in it. Careful, that's acid fresh from a black dragon. I wouldn't get any on ye."

The bartender, hands trembling, quickly puts the gloves back on, as well as a heavy leather apron and a mask of wire-reinforced glass, and disappears into the back room with the flask cradled carefully in both gloves.

The hobgoblin leans against the bar and cheerfully turns to look around. Spying the other hobgoblin in the bar, he strides over, extending his hand. "Mutt! Been a long time, shipmate! What brings ye to this part o' the isles? Cap'n Canker finally come t'his senses and leave ye behind in port?" His friendly grin belies the teasing; he is genuinely happy to see an old shipmate.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Then he turns to look outside again, and yells even louder: Watcha doin' there idling?? An' what did capt'n Azrael say to look fer, his good luck charm? Was it a kobold or a goblin??
The goblin Dang't, whom was until recently picking at scabs on the worn bar's wood, perks up at human's words. With a lopsided grin, he leaps to his feat and ambles over, leaping from stool to table to table like a sailor born. Those that had their meals almost stepped in probably do not appreciate the display.

Landing on his feet near the man, Dang't pulls on Alexander's armor a moment. You know the Captain? Bloody Wake back in town? They doomed without Dang't, you know! Probably loose ship, have to deal with weaselly rapscallions, and fight Netari himself without his good luck charm. He looks up blankly a moment then realizes he forgot to say something. Ooo, I Dang't, sirry-sir. You lookee for Dang't, and I he!

Remove ads