TCotM: Ashna's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: It would increase travel time by 1%, yes. But it is true, it would be hard to make it non-obvious. Still, if the reason to hide the travel was to hide the lack of Teleport, the mere distance is a good enough excuse for that--at that distance, it might take up to 6 Teleports to get to Orussus)

Knight Otu

First Post
(Did I get an actual number of how far from Orussus I am? Relatedly, and metagamely, could I recognize what the highest-level spell was in Neo-Ashna's spellbook?)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Nope. Ashna doesn't know exactly where she is. Seems like it's probably pretty far though. The spell that seemed most powerful was Delayed Blast Fireball)

Knight Otu

First Post
(That makes greater teleport a possible spell for her (did I see that one?), and minimum caster level 13, which translates into 1300 miles per casting of teleport. IIRC, the minimum distance to the Lands of Fire was 6000 miles? So still a minimum of 4 (if distances are a bit lower, otherwise 5) castings if greater teleport isn't available, and still of a high-level resource.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: There was regular Teleport, but not Greater yet. But they go the same distance, and yep, it would certainly be 4 or more castings for the minimum caster level to know DBF, and assuming a desire to return (so maybe 12ish), that's a ton of usages of a high-level resource, which might leave her nearly powerless to defend herself if she loaded up fully on Teleports like that. In that sense, it would not be unreasonable for Neo-Ashna at her full power to request the bag service from Fuosala)

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(But they go the same distance, ...
(Did I miss errata or a FAQ entry somewhere? The SRD and my PHB both say "there is no range limit" on Greater Teleport...? Of course, if it isn't in the spellbook, that concern is moot anyway.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oops, for some reason I didn't see that line when I just looked through it a little while ago. I thought that was weird, since I didn't remember it having a range limit. But yes, the concern is probably moot)

Remove ads