TCotM: Rinaldo's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I know he's not a zombie, but you know what I mean. I remember what you said about how the passage through the land of the dead has changed those around you...It just doesn't sit well with me."

Velmont

First Post
"I understand." replies Rinaldo as he takes the last piece of fish in his plate. "That was just as good as thirteen years ago, when I first came here."

Velmont

First Post
"Everything change, just a few things change slower than the other. When the chef will retire, I will probably miss that great plate. But a few things will not change while we are alive. And one of them, it is the love I have for you."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"That was the right answer," Valeria smiles wistfully, "Even our children will move away eventually, just like Salvador. Maybe if we're lucky, one of them will want to stay with us and follow in your footsteps as a merchant to become the next head of our merchant house...but not in your other footsteps, I hope!"

Velmont

First Post
"Yes, that might be a good idea to start to think. What will happen to the trading house ouce I'll retire. I don't see myself stopping my business, but I doubt I will survive my house. But planning it now could at least allow me to take some times for us in the futur." replies Rinaldo

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We have some great younger people working with us, and I know they'll be able to help make the transition smooth. I think it's too early to say, yet, though. They're still too young. If I had to guess, I would say Isabella might be the one most likely to become the next great merchant, but I might just be biased because she is a girl."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okay, I finally achieved a synch--I was letting us just RP out because Ashna was behind anyway, so I figured it gave you something to do. I'm going to skip ahead, so I hope you don't mind)

*Rinaldo and Valeria continue a nice light dinner and then go out to dance together. Finally, in the wee hours of the night, they retire and eventually fade into a blissful sleep.*

*The next morning, Rinaldo gets prepared and then heads out to his old shop as soon as possible awaiting any replies. As he enters, there is suddenly a huge gout of flame, an explosion coming from the fireplace, as the flames surge up and begin to lick around a curvaceous female form limned in flame.*

"Greetings, Rinaldo diDenzio. I bear a message from the Paragon of Flame."

*She extends a hand, a slender tendril of flame, which contains a highly fire-retardant envelope. It contains a letter with the following message:*

Letter said:
"I regret that circumstances currently do not allow me to leave for Orussus to learn of your vital information in person. I would request that information to be sent to me if it isn't too risky to be relayed this way. I suggest that you give the information to my messenger."

Velmont

First Post
"Thank you." replies Rinaldo as he takes teh letter. Even if he was named only by his title, which he didn't had ten years ago, Rinaldo has no doubt this is the answer from Ashnar.

"I'll have an answer for you to deliver, but if your master isn't working on an experiment of his that he doesn't want to be disturb, do you think you could quickly come back here. I wanted your master to come to a meeting. As he can't come, I will sent him a reply just before the meeting start, but I would also like to give him a report of the meeting after it."

Remove ads