• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TCotM: Rinaldo's Idylls

Velmont

First Post
"Well, I suppose he will be interested by the report of this reunion. If you don't mind to wait some times, I await other answers or people that should be here soon and then I'll be able to wrote down a reply to your master." tells Rinaldo.

Rinaldo looks around. He remember ten years ago (or a few weeks ago) that he has started that adventure here. They had all met here. only thing, the furniture have changed a lot. He walks to the door and open it. He looks down at the stair and see the guard in post in the backstore. An habit he had since he employ one. He keep at leats one in the backstore, they are quick to answer when problem arise, but they aren't seen and doesn't crowd the store, so it is more welcoming for customer.

"Can you fetch me Jemeny, please." he asks to the guard.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"When you supply your response and I shall deliver it," the woman of flame speaks again, a voice full of crackling flames.

"Yes sir."

*The guard heads back to fetch Jemeny.*

*Just then, the door opens and a female elf enters--with a moment to recall, Rinaldo immediately recognises her as Hogarth. The years have not changed Hogarth's new elven body, though she seems to wear this form more comfortably after the decade has passed than she did when it was new and unusual.*

"Hello Mr. Rinaldo. I have...come. As...you asked."

Velmont

First Post
"Welcome Hogarth. Thanks to have answered my call. I've called other people to this meeting. Ashnar, sadly, won't come. I'm awaitng answers from Tenebrynn, Vanitri, Laynie, Elektra and Rayne. You are the first. How things have been lately? You still not regret to have left the inferno of your old volcanic island?" asks Rinaldo

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I have learned...more things than I could have imagined...about this world that Gundar created...and about myself. I do not have any...regrets...I have been a part of something...that can make me...proud."

Velmont

First Post
"Your commmon is always improving, it's nice to hear it." replies Rinaldo. "We will just need to await the others answers to see if they will come or not. I cannot swear everyone have been contacted, but I hope more than only you and Ashnar have received my summoning."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Okay...Let's wait...But, why wouldn't you...just...go ask Tenebrynn? He lives in...this...Orussus...and works in...the place...the library...right?"

*Hogarth looks a bit askance at the big female shape made of flickering flame and stretching out of the fireplace. The fiery messenger, for her part, seems impatient.*

*Eventually, an owl flies to the shop door with a message.*

Message said:
I just got your message, but I have a lecture and I didn't prepare Teleport today. I'll go talk to Elayna, but I think she has company and she never checks her mail.

~Rayne

From the Office of Rayne Liore
Housemistress, Daryne House
Academy of the Chromatic Order

*Then Jemeny comes out, hearing the commotion. He jumps a bit when he sees the fiery messenger, then turns to Rinaldo.*

"Oh, Rinaldo. I heard that Vanitri and the Freefolk are far far away in the northwest. They are well out of range of anything but the most powerful transmission magics. It would take Rilithorn or greater to contact that far."

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo read the message. Eleyna? Is she talking about Sin... or maybe Laynie. not checking teh mail looks more like the daugther, not the mother. "I hope others will come." tells Rinaldo. As Jemeny speak about Vanitri. "Ok, hold it for now for him, I'll see with the Chromatic Order if they cannot do it for me first. Also, can you fetch a fresh mice if you can, that owl will surely like one." He turns to the owl. "Wait a moment, something to eat will be brought to you, also, I might have an answer for you to carry to the headmistress."

"Hogarth, while we wait, I would like you to answer two questions. First, do you have prepared a spell that allow you tos peak with your god, it might come usefull. Second thing, I would like to confirm something with you. You remember ten year ago, when we were in that tower figthing Sin. I would like you to relate me all you remember about what happen in that tower. After so many years, there is a few detail that I am not so sure and I would like to hear it from you. And I don't want to ask you questions that could put wrong answers in your mouth."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Jemeny nods and heads off. Meanwhile, the owl cocks its head to the side and stays perched where it is.*

"Yes...I...try to keep that spell on most days...It seems I can...help many people by asking Gundar...even if the answer is hard to understand. And the donations...help too."

"Well, we were fighting, but...when Sin came, we ran away...but Vanitri...he kept staying...so I came back to save him, but...I died. And then somehow, I was alive...and an elf...and a girl. You said Sin brought me back somehow...from...another life. Then we asked Gundar for help. Then you left. Then you came back with Rayne and Laynie. Then I got knocked out...by a fireball...Like the one that killed me before. When I woke up...I healed everyone...but then you all went into...near the Crux...But then you returned...and Rayne defeated Sin...But...we found out...the Crux wasn't as dangerous as we though, but...destroying it...might be too dangerous...more dangerous than leaving it there. So we left it...and everything was okay. Wait, you were there too...why do you ask?"

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Gundar said:
'Blind man's bluff
Sure enough
Clinging from the edge of oblivion
Mortals cannot tread
Where devils led
Enchantment lost to the pursuit
Of folly
Follow the path of hope
Follow the path of destruction
And rain will wash away the stain.'

The words came back into his mind, remembering the voice of the god. How could they have go against the god's advice. Follow the path of destruction The Crux needed to be destroy... but what that was not the futur. All seems just so... perfect.

OOC: Just to be sure, when Rinaldo was 'absorbed' by the Crux, Hogarth was conscious (and at 42/51 HP), so Hogarth should remember some of the attempt on the Crux and not simply awake when all was finish, as he was awaken just after Vanitri was gone.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oh, how did he get back up from the big Delayed Blast Fireball?--I forget. If I got that detail wrong, it is my own memory that is at fault, though it would be much the same)

Remove ads