TCotM: Tenebrynn's Idylls

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: There aren't any more questions, but even without wasting magic, the answer is almost certainly no, since it is still there. On the other hand, destroying the caravan and slaughtering all the Freefolk in it might help)

Erekose13

Explorer
With no opinions either way, Tenebrynn will wait to convince himself that the Crux should not be destroyed until after he has the chance to rememorize spells. He hopes that despite taking longer now, he'll still end up back at the appropriate moment in the past.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: But he will do so eventually, right? If he becomes fully convinced, such that his mind could never be changed in the future, ever (if you convince yourself not to destroy it now such that you are pulled back, it is fairly easy to convince yourself not to change your mind because doing so would cause a paradox that would destroy the universe in that timeline), then the same thing happens to him, and he can rejoin the other thread instants after Rinaldo (though we are waiting on Ashna/Vanitri to see if either leaves themself the option to destroy the Crux). )

Erekose13

Explorer
(ooc: yes, he was never fully convinced that he had to destroy it in the first place. He wanted the chance to study it first before coming to that conclusion. The discussion that has taken place here has almost completely convinced him that it is true. He just needs time to adjust (and study). I'll make changes to my spell list then pop over to the main thread.)

Knight Otu

First Post
[sblock=Rystil]I figure that Ashna could convince herself to not destroy the Crux with the knowledge that three or four of the NPCs could destroy it if necessary, but I'm not certain if it is enough for the Crux to release her. I would think that the Crux would not "expect" us to defend it, but it probably "expects" us to try to discourage others from destroying it, and obviously to not give helpful information. Ashna could convince herself to the point to discourage, but not to actually defend. Either way, she'll retire to prepare spells for the return to the 'Now'. Since I suspect she'll need the eight hours of mental rest (the events probably weren't restful enough), Ashna will ask to be returned to Rinaldo's shop to be picked up by Fuosala - there's little point in wasting the agreed timepoint and may alert the elementals.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=KO2]It is correct that you must always remained convinced that the Crux must not be destroyed, to the point of preventing others from doing so. Since that is the case, it looks like you'll want to (after resting), blow up the power conduit connecting to the throne. Is that right?[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn's sheet is updated. Provided it is okay to do so he convinces himself that the Crux is not a danger given that the best possible future still contains the Crux.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Tenebrynn's sheet is updated. Provided it is okay to do so he convinces himself that the Crux is not a danger given that the best possible future still contains the Crux.
Specifically, he must convince himself that the Crux must never be destroyed (it is a bit stronger than what you posted). If so, then he finds himself back in the past.

Remove ads